PDA

View Full Version : elf+chaos shuffle and domain selection questions

Zhepna
2021-05-29, 12:37 PM
Hi,

We play 3.5.

1) if I’m an elf (Silvanesti) and have the following feats:
Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.

If I do the chaos shuffle trick and use all those feats, does it give back 4 or 6 feats?

2) If the divinity I have is mystra, can I take domain that are not from this divinity? What happends when I take a prestige class that give a domain that is not from this divinity?

3) My question is about prestige class requirement to enters
I always thought that I had to have all the requirements before entering the prestige class but when I see guides online, they often says you cant take them at level x, which only make sense if they can take the skill and then take the prestige class.
By exemple:
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1344.0
Contemplative: Qualify at level 10

Contemplative
Requirements
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 13 ranks

If I check on the level progression chart: https://www.ign.com/wikis/dungeons-and-dragons/Level_and_XP_progression

I can only have 13 ranks in knowledge (religion) at level 10.

So, can I really take Contemplative at level 10 or I have to wait until level 11?

Thanks for the information and have a nice day.

Elves
2021-05-29, 01:47 PM
1. 4. Composite weapons don't require separate proficiencies. Be aware that chaos shuffle is a cheesy trick that's not widely accepted in practice.

2. Your base domains have to be from your deity. Bonus domains don't. If you don't select a patron god you can choose any two domains you want. If you have an ability that requires you to worship Mystra, you can still qualify for it if she isn't your cleric patron because in a polytheistic setting there's no problem with worshiping multiple gods. If it explicitly requires her to be your patron, you could ask the DM to remove that as a fluff requirement.

3. The guide is wrong, you're right. Choosing skill points comes after taking a class level. You can enter contemplative at 10 using the Primary Contact feat from Cityscape to gain an extra skill point above what is normally allowed, but it costs two feats. You could then swap out those feats with psychic reformation once you meet the requirement normally, but like chaos shuffle that's considered cheesy.

Zhepna
2021-05-29, 03:36 PM
Thanks a lot for your fast and precise answer!