PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Wild Character (Instead of Magic) Idea

Matt_Aries
2021-05-29, 04:10 PM
With V.R.G.T.R. now out there is a section "Creating Unique Nightmares" and they give the example of "Beware the Bagman". This gave me an idea and I wish to run this across you all to see is it viable, as well as what do you think of my personal idea of a theme.

Wild Character Summoning

Wild Magic Character Idea: Bag of hold that houses X characters and 1 of them is summoned for a set period of time with a roll of a dice.
How is this possible?: With the addition of "Reborn", (Deathless Nature, Do not need to eat, drink, breathe or sleep) A character is able to stay within a bag of holding indefinitely and potentially be summoned at random.

My idea/Theme:
This is a very rough idea and is open to feedback, please keep in mind it is a work in progress.

A Steel Defender (used from a Artificer Battle Smith) carries a unique bag of holding created by the Artificer that holds 7 Reborn characters, over time they have been warped by the bag, madness, mist whatever... and have become the embodiment of the seven deadly sins with a set role in mind as well. On a roll of a D8 one or none of these characters is summoned to act for X (not determined yet) amount of time. On a roll the Defender uses its action to summon and keep the character summoned each round for X time. If it fails the Defender can try next round. I am looking at this as a concentration spell for the Defender. At any time the Defender loses concentration the summoned is called back to the bag.

Pandora's Bag (Unique Bag of Holding)
Seven Deadly Sins
1 - Failed Roll
2 - Pride - Paladin
3 - Greed - Rogue/Monk
4 - Wrath - Barbarian/Fighter
5 - Envy - Warlock/Sorcerer
6 - Lust - Bard/Ranger
7 - Gluttony - Wizard/Artificer
8 - Sloth - Cleric/Druid

The Good, Bad and Ugly
The above idea is not set in stone for the characters or any builds. This could make for a lot of chaotic fun in a game as well as nice role playing for those that like to do so. For some examples It's time to slay the BBEG and you roll hoping to get Wrath, but you end up with Lust. You may wish to bed the BBEG instead of lobbing off a head in the middle of battle. You are tasked with stealing a artifact, and you fail the roll summoning nothing, or looking for Greed and end up with Pride. Envy or Sloth is called to the battlefield and the tides drastically change to your favor and the day is saved.

Thoughts and feedback welcomed.
Also if this is in the wrong area apologies.