PDA

View Full Version : Salutes

Shinoskay
2021-05-30, 06:21 PM
Are there any lore specific ways people saluted, or bowed, in pathfinder? specifically in the river kingdoms, but also in brevoy would be cool

Psyren
2021-05-30, 06:45 PM
I don't know whether any rulebooks go to this level of detail - the tie-in novels might be your best bet - but lacking anything specific you can make a reasonable guess. For example, Brevoy is the home of the Aldori Swordlords, who are essentially duelists/braavosi, so I imagine a decent salute for them would be similar to what a character like Syrio Forel does.

As for the River Kingdoms - part of the point is that they barely have any kind of unified culture, and the llnes get redrawn constantly. You could come up with something constant for them but I don't think that's necessarily the best way.

Seerow
2021-05-30, 08:41 PM
I don't know whether any rulebooks go to this level of detail - the tie-in novels might be your best bet - but lacking anything specific you can make a reasonable guess. For example, Brevoy is the home of the Aldori Swordlords, who are essentially duelists/braavosi, so I imagine a decent salute for them would be similar to what a character like Syrio Forel does.

As for the River Kingdoms - part of the point is that they barely have any kind of unified culture, and the llnes get redrawn constantly. You could come up with something constant for them but I don't think that's necessarily the best way.

Agree with this. The river kingdoms agree on the river freedoms. Anything more than that you won't find much unified culture. Assuming you're running kingmaker think of it as an opportunity for players to exert their influence on local culture since to start with there won't be much of one already set.