PDA

View Full Version : Has it ever been explained how did Manshoon created his demiplane?

Clistenes
2021-06-02, 01:44 AM
In Waterdeep Dragon Heist we discover that Manshoon has created a demiplane that is both larger and more complex than the ones created by the spell...

Did Manshoon create a custom version of Create Demiplane that allows to enlarge a demiplane with repeated castings?

Or maybe it is posible to enlarge a demiplane reshaping the walls, as some people have claimed?

Had it ever been explained?

DeadMech
2021-06-02, 05:40 AM
I'm just porting the 3.5 spell Genesis in my campaign setting.

Dungeon-noob
2021-06-02, 06:12 AM
NPC ritual magic, not available to PCs without Dm say-so. NPCs and PCs don't work on all the same rules, here as well as otherwise.

vexedart
2021-06-02, 06:42 AM
Don’t think it’s official, but it’s the only way I can think of enlarging a demiplane.

Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments

Clistenes
2021-06-02, 10:19 AM
Don’t think it’s official, but it’s the only way I can think of enlarging a demiplane.

Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments

Wow... that could work without breaking any rule. Elegant...

What do you think would happen if you cast Mighty Fortress inside a demiplane? Would the spell fail, or would just create a portion of the castle, the part that fits inside the demiplane...?

Evaar
2021-06-02, 12:09 PM
At a guess?

Wish.

vexedart
2021-06-02, 08:28 PM
Wow... that could work without breaking any rule. Elegant...

What do you think would happen if you cast Mighty Fortress inside a demiplane? Would the spell fail, or would just create a portion of the castle, the part that fits inside the demiplane...?

I think that call would be up to your DM, but thatÂ’s an interesting read of the two spells. IÂ’d probably lean on it not fitting and possibly crushing those in the demiplane from rubble, or just fizzling out.

ProsecutorGodot
2021-06-02, 08:38 PM
To my knowledge it hasn't been explained, however it's not unheard of for NPC's to have a unique version of a particular spell.

That said, the only example I recall is in SKT where a special form of Simulacrum can be found, its only detailed difference being that the caster (name redacted) can cast it on the same creature to create multiple duplicates.

Clistenes
2021-06-03, 02:28 AM
To my knowledge it hasn't been explained, however it's not unheard of for NPC's to have a unique version of a particular spell.

That said, the only example I recall is in SKT where a special form of Simulacrum can be found, its only detailed difference being that the caster (name redacted) can cast it on the same creature to create multiple duplicates.

Yeah, and it costs gold (powdered diamonds to cast it...

Manshoon explicitly created a custom Simulacrum spell that gave more hp to the Simulacrum in exchange for less prepared spells.

I thought that maybe Manshoon created a custom Create Demiplane spell too, but the book doesn't mention it.

I think that call would be up to your DM, but thatÂ’s an interesting read of the two spells. IÂ’d probably lean on it not fitting and possibly crushing those in the demiplane from rubble, or just fizzling out.

Well, ten sets of four jars of Marvelous Pigments would be enough to expand the demiplane to a size the Mighty Fortress could fit inside...