PDA

View Full Version : Ways to record a situation and broadcast it

Beni-Kujaku
2021-06-03, 10:15 AM
In the campaign I'm playing‚ I am in possession of an artifact wanted by a lot of people. Destroying it would solve a lot of things. I would like the most amount of powerful people to know about it being destroyed‚ so that they stop fighting for it‚ but not come close to them before I have already destroyed it‚ since it would mean almost certain death to me (notably‚ there are a blue wyrm and several lv 17+ casters who absolutely don't want it destroyed) ‚ plus I couldn't show it simultaneously to these people all around the world.

I was wondering if there was a way to record myself destroying the artifact and then broadcast it to the people I want‚ if possible several times. Just a minor illusion might do the trick but I would have a hard time proving that I indeed showed the truth. (If that helps‚ I play a 11th level illusion-focused wizard and I have a cleric/binder and a cerebromancer in the party. I don't think Planar Ally/Binding would be accepted (the setting has weird plane shenanigans) ‚ but it might‚ so keep it going.

Brackenlord
2021-06-03, 12:03 PM
Interesting question, I'm curious what the playground unearths that will solve the problem.

You could set up a programmed broadcast, trick all the big players to show up at remote locations where they can Scry on you at the exact moment you throw the MacGuffin in the Mount Doom or whatnot.

If they're so dangerous that even that is risky, perhaps a living construct or magical beast could guard the locale. Something that can be divined or Mind Probed (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindProbe.htm) to verify the truth.

At wich point mundane word of mouth is probably the best way of spreading the news, with the help of bards and troubadours. Any one suficiently magical and powerful can investigate for thenselves if the rumours are true.

Particle_Man
2021-06-03, 12:28 PM
Isn't this the sort of thing that the gods would just know about, and therefore would be able to tell (or at least confirm to mortals that ask via commune or what have you)? So a letter to all the interested parties saying "LOL I totally destroyed the McGuffin; check with the gods if you don't believe me" might work.