PDA

View Full Version : Mephits - a complete list?

arkol
2007-11-12, 09:27 PM
Ok so the srd has the Air, Dust, Earth, Fire, Ice, Magma, Ooze, Salt, Steam & Water versions of this outsiders, but many book have new types. Does someone have a complete list of this little buggers?

The VP
2007-11-13, 12:55 AM
I can't remember where I found all of them (mostly various MMs, I think), but a while back I compiled the following list. If you need sources for any of them, let me know and I'll see if I can find them.

Air
Ash
Dust
Earth
Fire
Glass
Ice
Lightning
Magma
Mineral
Mist
Ooze
Radiant
Salt
Smoke
Steam
Sulfur
Water

SoD
2007-11-13, 06:51 AM
I would indeed enjoy a list of mephits and where to find them. Also, one of the Dungeon (or was it a Dragon?) magazine had a magic item, the 'pickled mephit'. Basically, it's a shrunken picked mephit in a jar, you throw the jar, or open it, whatever, and out comes a mephit. And it's pissed about being stuck in the jar...if anyone wants full details, I could rummage around and find them...

Grynning
2007-11-13, 07:18 AM
My personal favorite is the Mirror Mephit. I know they're reprinted in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, I think they may originally be from FC1.

SoD
2007-11-14, 09:38 AM
And where would I be able to find the rest of the mephits? Which ones are from which books?

The VP
2007-11-14, 06:51 PM
And where would I be able to find the rest of the mephits? Which ones are from which books?

Air, Dust, Earth, Fire, Ice, Magma, Ooze, Salt, Steam, and Water come from the Monster Manual. Sulfur and Glass are in Sandstorm.

The other six I have (Ash, Lightning, Mineral, Mist, Radiant and Smoke) originally appeared in Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix 1 and were updated to 3.x in this Gleemax thread (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=307692&page=2) so may not be as 'official' as I thought. That's what I get for not writing down my sources.

The Wizards consolidated monster list only lists the MM ones, plus Glass, Sulfur, and Mirror, so there most likely aren't any other 'official' ones.