PDA

View Full Version : Dhampir Gloomstalker?

Mwhawk2
2021-06-06, 10:21 PM
Hey all,

Anyone have any experience with the Dhampir lineage and the Gloomstalker? My character is going to be a Goliath Ranger who was attacked by a vampire and turned into a Dhampir. I’m working on a build after my recent character died in combat. I’ve never played a Ranger and I’m curious what experiences folks have had with this particular combo. I realize Archery is widely considered the best fighting style for the Ranger, but does that mean you totally forego melee? With the Dhampir lineage it seems like using the bite attack may mean melee should be a viable option for a Dhampir build. Or am I off base? Any advice on either the Gloomstalker playstyle in general or the Dhampir would be appreciated. I’m also open to considering a STR Ranger, if it’s a viable option for this build. Thanks in advance!

Ettina
2021-06-07, 10:48 AM
Melee ranger is absolutely a viable build. You won't use some of the archery-specific spells like hail of thorns, but you've still got hunter's mark, and zephyr's strike is better for a hit-and-run melee character than a ranged character.