PDA

View Full Version : I don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

AstralFire
2007-11-12, 10:02 PM
http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_writer.html

But damn if I'm not going to try. I'm 7 credits short of graduation, two books selfpublished, and I wrote a webserial for two years. This almost qualifies. If nothing else... I can demonstrate that I am plucky and determined. If you're a PC, this means you will save the world. I have a PC. This is roughly the same thing.

I think.

I just wish I could find my old NWN CD so I wasn't resorting to slightly more... ahem... seedy methods to get my hands on a copy. I still have my CD Key though, for all the good that'll do me.

Anyone else applying?

Crow
2007-11-12, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately the only thing I'd be qualified to do is throw out the poor guy who you'll be replacing.

Good luck!

Ralfarius
2007-11-12, 10:26 PM
I have certainly given this passing consideration. However, I have to be realistic in assessing my own drive to really accomplish such a thing. Nothing ventured, nothing lost... Or however it goes.

Jack Zander
2007-11-12, 10:29 PM
My dreams are shot... you need all that writing experience to be able to do something like this...

AstralFire
2007-11-12, 10:32 PM
I have certainly given this passing consideration. However, I have to be realistic in assessing my own drive to really accomplish such a thing. Nothing ventured, nothing lost... Or however it goes.

If I can do 20-30 hours of planning a week for a D&D campaign, this is nothing.

If you DM at all, this is within your purview. GO FOR IT!

Darkxarth
2007-11-12, 10:36 PM
Seems like it would be a pretty sweet position, it all depends on how strict they are with the requirements.

I'm just a Sophomore in college, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take me, but it does look like fun. Go for it.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-12, 11:02 PM
http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_writer.html

But damn if I'm not going to try. I'm 7 credits short of graduation, two books selfpublished, and I wrote a webserial for two years. This almost qualifies. If nothing else... I can demonstrate that I am plucky and determined. If you're a PC, this means you will save the world. I have a PC. This is roughly the same thing.

I think.

I just wish I could find my old NWN CD so I wasn't resorting to slightly more... ahem... seedy methods to get my hands on a copy. I still have my CD Key though, for all the good that'll do me.

Anyone else applying?

Kudos and good luck! I'd vote for you, but I'd think they'd get confused...

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-12, 11:42 PM
Over the years I have discovered that self-published does not constitute "professional writing experience", so while I hope you can get the job,you need to be aware that having had your writing self-published may not be good enough for these guys :(

AstralFire
2007-11-13, 12:29 AM
Over the years I have discovered that self-published does not constitute "professional writing experience", so while I hope you can get the job,you need to be aware that having had your writing self-published may not be good enough for these guys :(

Yeah, like I said - I don't have a snowball's chance in hell. But this costs me nothing (except repurchasing NWN if my shady methods do not work out for me) and it's worth a shot.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-13, 12:37 AM
Yeah, like I said - I don't have a snowball's chance in hell. But this costs me nothing (except repurchasing NWN if my shady methods do not work out for me) and it's worth a shot.

You gotta keep trying ^_^ It would be neat if you at least got an interview call.