PDA

View Full Version : Looking for interesting ways to replace a lost leg

Zzachary37
2021-06-07, 10:09 AM
Hello all!

Recently my Warforged Druid, Acorn, was fighting off an ambush from a group of elven soldiers and ended up accidentally going through a portal to where the reserve troops were coming through. After a couple casts of thunderwave to kill the wizards keeping the portal open and barely getting back into the portal before it closed and left me alone with 30 elven soldiers I came back only to find that my leg had been severed by the portal. Now Acorn is currently using a bone from one of the elves as a temporary peg leg, but I am looking to find some sort of replacement.

Acorn's whole schtick is that he finds exotic plants to grow on his body, so I was thinking of undergoing a quest to replace it with some sort of magical or living plant. Any suggestions on interesting plants or monsters that I could harvest to grow myself a new leg?

I do currently have a pot of awakening, so maybe I could grow myself a sentient plant leg out of something interesting?

KorvinStarmast
2021-06-07, 03:25 PM
Have an artificer graft an immovable rod onto the stump.

Hilarity ensues ...

J-H
2021-06-07, 03:42 PM
My peg-legged ex-sailor wizard had a hollowed out leg. He kept some emergency scrolls inside.

Sparky McDibben
2021-06-07, 04:42 PM
Check with your DM. Odds are they've already got a quest setup and they'd appreciate your input. What a druid staff, like a staff of the woodlands? Reflavor it as a peg leg, but whenever you cast spells out of it, you aim it with one hand (in case they're worried about magic item slots).

Alternatively, what about an attached awakened plant that can detach and serve as your familiar? "Go get 'em, Woody!"

Sorinth
2021-06-07, 04:57 PM
Definitely talk to your DM. If a quest is involved (Rather then downtime growing a new one) then I would want a magic leg that had some ability.

For example, if the leg was made out of roots then perhaps as an action/bonus action you can have the roots bury themselves into the ground, you have a movement speed of 0, can't be knocked prone, or forcibly moved from your spot. Or have a carnivorous plant or needle/vine blight that allows you to make some sort of special attack once per SR/LR. Even just 1/SR casting of entangle that has to be centered on you could be interesting.

Get creative about an ability and then talk to the DM to see what's feasible.

da newt
2021-06-07, 05:51 PM
Druid Warforged - so anything mineral, animal, or plant based is in play, and you are a construct so anything goes.

I'd look through the MM etc for any creature that is beast, plant, mineral and find a way to graft them onto your shortened limb. Maybe a Galeb Duhr, or assassin vine, or the leg of a Troll (it's regeneration capability keeps it viable), or druid craft a nice iron wood shin/foot, or ...

Other options any magical staff / wand.

Or Tasha's Prosthetic Limb, just one winged boot, or ...

Or decide that one leg is useless - chop that crap off and replace your whole lower body with tank treads, a drider lower body, any quadruped, mechanical tentacles like Dr Octavius, a flying broom/carpet, etc.

Cut threads into your upper leg and screw in a war hammer - BA kick attack.

The sky is the limit (as long as your DM agrees).

CheddarChampion
2021-06-07, 08:20 PM
More ideas:
Keep your severed leg and ask a Necromancer for help. They'll ask for a favor though...
Sever someone else's leg and ask a Necromancer for help. Bring the rest of the body as a gift.
Get a Wizard/Alchemist to grow you a human sized animal leg. I'm sure there won't be any side effects.
Get a Carpet of Flying. Walking's for losers!
Tame an animal and have it carry you around. Name them Leftie or Right-Side.
Get an animated weapon and use it as a peg leg. There's Peg Leg and there's The Cooler Peg Leg.
Get someone to attach the ghost of your severed leg to where it should be, but in a way that it can support your weight. Gives a new meaning to Phantom Limb.
Any of the above plus if anyone mentions your leg, charm them and have them carry you around.

Damon_Tor
2021-06-07, 08:26 PM
Cut off the other one. Then:

https://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/news/09Sep12/20120901.212314_oscarpistorius_afp.jpg

Voila. Your movespeed penalty is now a movespeed bonus.

greenstone
2021-06-08, 10:00 PM
Hop on over to your nearest hag and make disparaging comments about her appearances.

Whatever happens will certainly be interesting...

loki_ragnarock
2021-06-08, 11:03 PM
Hello all!

Recently my Warforged Druid, Acorn, was fighting off an ambush from a group of elven soldiers and ended up accidentally going through a portal to where the reserve troops were coming through. After a couple casts of thunderwave to kill the wizards keeping the portal open and barely getting back into the portal before it closed and left me alone with 30 elven soldiers I came back only to find that my leg had been severed by the portal. Now Acorn is currently using a bone from one of the elves as a temporary peg leg, but I am looking to find some sort of replacement.

Acorn's whole schtick is that he finds exotic plants to grow on his body, so I was thinking of undergoing a quest to replace it with some sort of magical or living plant. Any suggestions on interesting plants or monsters that I could harvest to grow myself a new leg?

I do currently have a pot of awakening, so maybe I could grow myself a sentient plant leg out of something interesting?

Assassin Vines.

They have a movement rate, it's just very slow. And it gives you a way to dispose of meatbags in the aftermath.

EDIT:
They also fruit, and that fruit can be processed into a very astringent, terrible alcohol according to at least one adventure.