PDA

View Full Version : I need help picking a feat for a druid of the circle of wildfire at lv 4

AngelusAlvus
2021-06-07, 01:24 PM
First, thanks to @No Brains for the suggestion to make a thread for it.

I'm a newbie at the game and I would like some pointers at what would be good to pick as a feat. Full context. I've been focusing on fire spells, my fire spirit, and, since the only other source of healing is the bard in my group, I've also been healing a lot. I would be thankful if someone could point me to some good feats to have. If there aren't any great feats at this level, I'll pick +1 wis and +1 con.

thanks in advance.

nickl_2000
2021-06-07, 01:40 PM
+1 Wis and +1 Con is pretty hard to beat. However, if you were set on a feat I would look at the Wisdom Half Feats.

Skill Expert - +1 Wis, 1 more skill, and expertise is something is great
Telepathic - +1 Wis, can communicate in wildshape forms and order the Wildfire Spirit without anyone know what you are telling it to do.
Obeservant - +1 Wis
Fey Touched - +1 Wis Misty Step is awesome, and you can pick up Bless as a bonus and you can cast as a Druid spell

Were it me, I would likely take Fey Touched. However, if you are using your wild shape a lot for scouting Telepathy would be pretty awesome

AngelusAlvus
2021-06-07, 01:50 PM
telepathic seems to be really cool and, from the looks of it, I even get a once per day spell for free (detect thoughts).

And I get +1 wis on top of it. Thanks a lot. I've made my choice.

nickl_2000
2021-06-07, 01:54 PM
telepathic seems to be really cool and, from the looks of it, I even get a once per day spell for free (detect thoughts).

And I get +1 wis on top of it. Thanks a lot. I've made my choice.

I have an adoring love for half-feats at level 4 since it gives you more options and a +1 to an ability. As a side note, Detect Thoughts is now considered a Prepared Spell for you each day without taking a spell slot. So, if you want to cast it extra times, you can use your Druid slots to do it.

Also, as a side note, that link you shared is of dubious legality and the site owners don't like links to there. So, it would be a good idea to remove it.

AngelusAlvus
2021-06-07, 02:01 PM
I have an adoring love for half-feats at level 4 since it gives you more options and a +1 to an ability. As a side note, Detect Thoughts is now considered a Prepared Spell for you each day without taking a spell slot. So, if you want to cast it extra times, you can use your Druid slots to do it.

Also, as a side note, that link you shared is of dubious legality and the site owners don't like links to there. So, it would be a good idea to remove it.

Done. I simply threw the feat name on google and that was one of the first results. I wasn't aware of it. In any case, it's great I can now use it more times. I have already plans for it in the campaign.

In any case, thanks a lot for the help.

nickl_2000
2021-06-07, 02:03 PM
Done. I simply threw the feat name on google and that was one of the first results. I wasn't aware of it. In any case, it's great I can now use it more times. I have already plans for it in the campaign.

In any case, thanks a lot for the help.

No worries, glad I was able to help!

Eriol
2021-06-07, 08:20 PM
Perhaps not right away, but I would encourage a Wildfire Druid to at least consider the Elemental Adept feat. It will allow your fire spells to bypass resistance (not immunity) which will be increasingly valuable as you adventure as you run into more monsters that are resistant. There is also a small "on average" damage increase, but that's not enough of a reason to get the feat.

Good luck with your Druid, and have fun!

AngelusAlvus
2021-06-07, 08:39 PM
Perhaps not right away, but I would encourage a Wildfire Druid to at least consider the Elemental Adept feat. It will allow your fire spells to bypass resistance (not immunity) which will be increasingly valuable as you adventure as you run into more monsters that are resistant. There is also a small "on average" damage increase, but that's not enough of a reason to get the feat.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might get it next time (depends on what the GM starts throwing at us).

opticalshadow
2021-06-08, 12:34 AM

I second this. I chose it for my Arilerist artificer and when your primary theme is fire based magic, and its the most resisted form of magic in the game, this will absolutely come up, and it will make a differance. IMO if you plan on sticking primarily to fire, this is mandatory, and far more important that ASI