PDA

View Full Version : Advice for party camp games

Redhood101
2021-06-07, 06:06 PM
Hello. I play in a weekly online game, and I feel like it would be fun (and the DM hinted that she wants us to do this) to play some in-character games while we camp. Truth or dare, two truths and a lie, etc. most of our game is us traveling and finding random encounters, so we don't often have much NPC interaction or interparty interaction, and I feel like it could help break up the endless random combats and let us explore our personalities and get to know each other more.
One of my problems is I'm not sure what games would be good and how and even if they would translate to online dnd well. So if anyone has any advice for translating camp games into online dnd or ideas for games to play, I'd love to hear them!

CheddarChampion
2021-06-07, 08:10 PM
Two truths and a lie would be good. Even better if you don't have to reveal the lie. Truth or Dare would probably not work as well in character.

You could also play games of chance IRL or in-game games like Dragonchess (which you'd roll for). Bets could be money, who gets the next magic item, who has to take the first watch, who has to be on scouting duty tomorrow, who has to tell the NPC their family member died, who has to go into the dungeon first, who has to tell the party a chunk of their backstory, etc.