PDA

View Full Version : Ninjas Vs. Pirates!

†Seer†
2007-11-12, 11:01 PM
Many years has the fabled School of Shadow remained hidden, doors closed to any hopeful ninjas. It was said that the masters of the old age trained here, and that anyone to be accepted would become a ninja of the highest caliber... Yet the doors remained closed.

As time went on, Pirates began to appear more frequently on the high seas, and such was their reign that ninjas were forgotten as the top weapon, and seen only as a legend from the old days.

Those that have forgotten.... will be reminded anew why we were the most feared. I have trained my whole life to become Ninja. I have ventured to the School of Shadow, and the doors have opened to me.

To my fellow Ninja, the time to reclaim our name is at hand! Join with me, and we shall show these lack-witted scoundrels what true discipline is! I shall train you in the ways of the School of Shadow, and we shall once more, become as wreaths of smoke in bright areas, seen by none, but feared by all.

http://apps.facebook.com/piratesninjas/?i=637298836

Ranis
2007-11-12, 11:33 PM
Oh gods, can we please not do this here at GiTP? Please?

Setra
2007-11-13, 01:23 AM
Robots > Pirates and Ninjas

pingcode20
2007-11-13, 05:05 AM
Ninjas haven't been Japanese for a while now, ever since they got westernised. Although that isn't really the main reason.

A couple of years ago the Japanese SDF retired the last of its ninjas and replaced them with giant robots. Just like the old Soviet Tank stocks, the retired ninjas were sold off to the highest bidder, and reverse engineered by other nations.

Sadly, this hasn't given them much of an edge against the mecha.

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-11-13, 06:13 AM
A real life 'ninja' did a test display of 'real' ninja assasination techniques. Stephen K. Hayes was the guy who did it if I am not mistaken.

In the 'test' they were talking about special forces and their uses...they first had a squad of guys with automatic weapons raid a mock house with two guys guarding a target. To simulate the long term routine of going about one's business while maintaining a long guard detail, they called them every 30 minutes to an hour or so and asked them trivia questions. To answer them, the two guards had to go into one of the other rooms and look up the answer. They were told to expect an attack and that between the time the test starts and a specified time, that anyone in the 'field of play' was a hostile.

Well...the SWAT team setup a perimeter, had several lookouts, accurate intel, then rushed the building when the guards split taking them very fast. One simulated wound, and both guards down.

Now..the ninja way...that was amusing. Hayes dressed himself like a technician, tool belt and carrying a ladder and knocked on the door. He said he was sent by the production crew and that the heat had caused some of the cameras to fog and they weren't getting a clear picture...that he needed to clean them. time and again he showed up...an accomplice showed up...soon he pretty much had free run of the place 'fixing' stuff...whe they finally let him into the room where they were guarding the target, one of the guards left the room...one quick step had the target nailed...

Over the course of the sequence, Hayes and his accomplice had ample opportunity to poison both guards as well. True ninja style...invisible...why? because everyone is looking for a crazy athlete dressed in black and waving a sword...not at the gardener that has been there for a few weeks covered in crap and 'wouned' as the attacker escaped...

That is why the ninja as popularized was always an invisible assassin...because what everyone was looking for did not exist. Just a fabrication of the ninja to obfuscate their identities. That was the true ninja magic. Obfuscation, subterfuge, and the ability to blend into any situation. True, ninja's were well trained and posessed great skills...but their supernatural mystique came from trickery of the best kind.

Prophaniti
2007-11-13, 09:17 AM
Yeah, that's true. You wouldnt see a shadowy figure flitting across rooftops. It'd be the old man sweeping in front of a shop, or the guy hawking produce from a wheelbarrow, or the garbage man, or... you dont know who it's gonna be, might as well give up, you're dead.

Setra
2007-11-13, 10:12 AM
snipped
Yeah, I've always preferred the 'real' kind of ninja to whatever ninja are supposed to be today.

Either way, Robots > All

Abardam
2007-11-13, 10:29 AM
Except for Samurai Jack.

Setra
2007-11-13, 10:51 AM
Except for Samurai Jack.
Well yeah, of course, but I thought that was obvious :smalltongue:

Either way, Samurai Jack > Pirates and Ninjas.