PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice Name of psychotherapist office

asda fasda
2021-06-09, 10:32 AM
My wife is opening her own psychotherapist office and we are trying to pick a name for it and I was wandering if any of you could suggest some cool obscure words that have this psychology undertone?
To be honest it doesn't have to be obscure word if its from non-english lenguage.

Thanks in advance

JeenLeen
2021-06-09, 12:29 PM
I did some Googling with the word pun and some psychotherapy terms. I don't know if humor would be something welcome or not, but you might find something inspirational there... though I reckon it'd probably be unprofessional.

"Don't Be A-Freud" is a direct link to Freud, but could also be taken to mean she's using more innovative and non-cliche methods of psychotherapy than some characterize the field as.

Tvtyrant
2021-06-09, 03:34 PM
Help you stay Jung Psychiatry.

A.A.King
2021-06-11, 05:22 AM
Obliging Consciousness Discourse?

It's a bit of a mouthful, but I think the acronym would be memorable.

snowblizz
2021-06-12, 05:03 AM
I have to say, I think there are only two important things in the name of such a place. "Dr". and "registered/legitimate" or whatever word is the exact term for someone with professional qualifications.

I just can't take seriously the local dentist whose business name is "the Kindly Toothfairy". Even the "Neighbourly tooth" is pushing it for me and they are my current dentist for geographical convenience hilariously enough. Even though I understand clearly that they are trying to de-escalate the feeling of dread many get for the dentist. Even their waitingroom are dressed up to look more like a living room that a dentist's office. And as I told them, "nice effort but I can still smell the pain, fear and disinfectant".

Would you visit the psychiatric business of "One Flew Over The Cookoo's nest"?