PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Adding spell components.

Gransoley
2021-06-10, 09:05 AM
Do anyone remember what is the name of the feat that let's you add spell component while casting for a +1 CL each?
Thanks

Lilapop
2021-06-10, 09:20 AM
Primitive caster/primitive spellcaster (at least one of the books is poorly edited and uses both names). Frostburn (requiring plants from the frostfell) and Races of Faerun (requiring just "rare" plants). The gathering plants thing is rather badly defined, with a profession check usually taking a week to complete and the result (according to the feat's language) being a single plant.

Saintheart
2021-06-12, 07:24 AM
Snowcasting will do this if the spell is already of the [cold] descriptor. Also comes from Frostburn.

Vizzerdrix
2021-06-12, 10:19 AM
Also, their are components that can be used to boost certain spells, both in official books and dragon mag.

Gransoley
2021-06-14, 11:46 AM
The feat i was forgetting was indeed primitive caster, thank you for the quick response.
As a note of some uses of it, Spellsingers (kalamar PhB) remove all somatic component, wordbreaker (even though poorly written and utterly broken as it is, Ravenloft Champions of darkness) removes the verbal ones and there are plenty of ways for removing the material ones. I'd have to check on wording but tainted sorcerer and maho-tsukai both should do.
Have a nice day.

Raishoiken
2021-06-15, 03:00 PM
The feat i was forgetting was indeed primitive caster, thank you for the quick response.
As a note of some uses of it, Spellsingers (kalamar PhB) remove all somatic component, wordbreaker (even though poorly written and utterly broken as it is, Ravenloft Champions of darkness) removes the verbal ones and there are plenty of ways for removing the material ones. I'd have to check on wording but tainted sorcerer and maho-tsukai both should do.
Have a nice day.

is the broken part of world breaker you're talking about the one where they forgot to say "a spell slot of a higher level" rather than "without using up a spell slot"?

Gransoley
2021-06-15, 03:19 PM
is the broken part of world breaker you're talking about the one where they forgot to say "a spell slot of a higher level" rather than "without using up a spell slot"?

Yep totally, but ignoring that the comlonents thing was clearly intended raw ans rai

ShurikVch
2021-06-15, 03:25 PM
Dragon #311 have Ceremonial feats: they add unremovable components to spells, and extra benefits from using them - such as Spellstrike force enemies damaged by the spell to make DC 10+CL Balance check or be knocked prone; also, +2 on some Concentration checks; required extra somatic and 25 gp material component (pearl)