PDA

View Full Version : Prestige classes with more than 10 levels

Empyreal Dragon
2021-06-11, 07:06 AM
Title says it all. Trying to compile a list of all prestige classes with more than 10 levels in their progression.

InvisibleBison
2021-06-11, 07:25 AM
Necrocarnate, from Magic of Incarnum, has 13 levels.

The dragon prestige classes from the Draconomicon all have 12 levels: Bloodscaled Fury, Disciple of Ashardalon, Dispassionate Watcher of Chronepsis, Dragon Ascendant, Elemental Master, Hidecarved Dragon, Scaled Warder of Bahamut, and Unholy Ravager of Tiamat.

mattie_p
2021-06-11, 07:32 AM
True Necromancer, Libris Mortis, 14 levels

Khatoblepas
2021-06-11, 07:37 AM
Void Disciple, Complete Divine, has 13 levels. The Maho-Tsukai has 15 levels (technically 20). All of the Prestige versions of base classes in UA have 15 levels.

Kaleph
2021-06-11, 07:54 AM
Tainted subverted psion (web) has something like 14 13 levels.

farothel
2021-06-11, 08:00 AM
I think a number of them (especially the 10lvl ones of the DMG) have epic progression.

ShurikVch
2021-06-11, 08:06 AM
Moonspeaker (Races of Eberron) have 12 moons levels

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-06-11, 08:31 AM
Any savage progression where the HD + LA = 11 or more.

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2021-06-11, 09:46 AM
I think a number of them (especially the 10lvl ones of the DMG) have epic progression.

The only ones I know of that have epic progression are

Arcane Archer
Arcane Trickster
Assassin
Blackguard
Dragon Disciple
Duelist
Dwarven Defender
Eldritch Knight
Horizon Walker
Loremaster
Mystic Theurge
Shadowdancer

Which means that you can take a total of 20 levels in them, and gain access to epic feats before level 20 if you take them as soon as possible.

Khatoblepas
2021-06-11, 09:58 AM
Which means that you can take a total of 20 levels in them, and gain access to epic feats before level 20 if you take them as soon as possible.

If only that were true, it'd make getting epic feats much easier:

A ten-level prestige class can progress beyond 10th level, but only if the character level is already 20th or higher. A class with fewer than ten levels cannot progress beyond the maximum for that class, regardless of character level.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-06-11, 10:02 AM
If you take all the levels in a PrC, then follow those up with legacy champion, you should be able to continue into epic advancement pre-epic, or in some cases, continue gaining abilities as laid out in the original class, even if it isn't 10+ levels long. For instance, it's pretty clear what you'd get on a class like war weaver, even though it's only 5 levels long.

For more fun, take levels in illithid savant and eat a high level legacy champion, then use the "+1 level of existing class features" ability to gain more effective illithid savant levels. Then repeat.

ShurikVch
2021-06-11, 12:07 PM
The only ones I know of that have epic progression are

Arcane Archer
Arcane Trickster
Assassin
Blackguard
Dragon Disciple
Duelist
Dwarven Defender
Eldritch Knight
Horizon Walker
Loremaster
Mystic Theurge
Shadowdancer

Player's Guide to Faerūn have a number of Epic progressions for local PrC

Also, the Epic Insight (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/ei) articles have great number of Epic progressions for various PrC

Rebel7284
2021-06-11, 02:04 PM
Prestige Bard
Prestige Paladin
Prestige Ranger
all are 15 levels long if I recall correctly