PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Darkest Dungeon monsters? *Dammerung players stay out*

curious-puzzle
2021-06-13, 01:02 AM
Otherwise I'll just keep adding things to the monsters.

Anywho, I'm rather enamored with the Darkest Dungeon 5E monster manual by DM Tuz, and plan on using a bunch of it. But I'm still getting a feel for monsters and CR in 5e compared to 3.5, so wanted to check if there were any particular beasties that I should be wary of using, or abilities/tactics that may prove nastier than expected?

Currently the party just hit level 4, and is charging headlong towards a fight with a

Squiffy Ghast, with Drowned Thralls as minions/musical backup. They have gotten hints that hearing things is dangerous, so they may be clever and find some way of stopping up their ears - which I was figuring would at the least give Advantage on saving throws (unless one of them goes nuts and full-on deafens themself).

And any tips/suggestions on challenging monsters/tactics are always appreciated!

Cass
2021-06-13, 05:23 AM
In regards to Darkest Dungeon meets 5e, also check https://www.giffyglyph.com/darkerdungeons/ which has mechanics inspired from DD and a monster maker that is more consistent than the CR system.