PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Lore Hunting: Netheril (minor Rime of the Frostmaiden spoilers)

NRSASD
2021-06-14, 03:10 PM
I've been reading a lot of Rime of the Frostmaiden recently and have been intrigued by the concept of a followup/prequel campaign set in the waning days of the Netherese. While Frostmaiden gives a couple paragraphs of setting info, it strongly encourages you to seek out other works if you want a more complete picture of that period. Any suggestions about which books/adventures/products I should look into to learn more about Netheril at its height and the fall of Netheril in general?

As always, thanks for any and all help!

Saintheart
2021-06-14, 05:23 PM
Lost Empires of Faerun would be my first stop. Shining South and Halruaa in particular may have an echo of Netheril since it was founded by Netherese refugees IIRC. Stuff about the city of Shade may also help since its ruler was one of the high mages of Netheril who saw Karsus' Folly coming.

Thane of Fife
2021-06-15, 08:45 AM
There was a 2nd edition supplement called Netheril: Empire of Magic that was all about playing characters during Netheril's heyday. I think it's available on DMsguild or DriveThruRPG or whatever other Wizards-associated PDF store.

I think there was even a compatible adventure about playing in the last days.