PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Lord

nick_crenshaw
2021-06-14, 09:00 PM
Has anyone created a 3.5 conversion of the Vampire Lord (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a)?

Calthropstu
2021-06-14, 09:22 PM
I could not find any official ones, but saw a few online.

On another note:
Hmm. Must have been a vampire for at least 100 years. True ressurection: can ressurect someone who has been dead 10 years per level. 10th lvl =100 years. Vampire Lord has a revival method after destruction...

You could literally kill a vampire lord, resurrect him as the mortal he was, then revive him as a vampire lord.

tiercel
2021-06-15, 05:00 AM
At a glance, not much needs converting; the most obvious exception is its DR 10/+3. Converting DR is tricky, but minimally something like 10/magic and silver, possibly 10/good and silver. (10/+3 should be better than merely 10/magic IMO.)

If you are creating a truly unique monster with this template you could make its DR more unique (but researchable through skill checks/sufficient mundane research or magic — like a certain specific unusual material or origin of weapon [e.g. “must be forged at night under an open sky during a full moon”] to break its DR).

The Scry skill is gone but you could just make that a bonus on saves vs scrying effects.

Melcar
2021-06-17, 10:47 AM
Has anyone created a 3.5 conversion of the Vampire Lord (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a)?

Why do you need to convert it? Can't it be used as is?

Crake
2021-06-17, 11:35 AM
I could not find any official ones, but saw a few online.

On another note:
Hmm. Must have been a vampire for at least 100 years. True ressurection: can ressurect someone who has been dead 10 years per level. 10th lvl =100 years. Vampire Lord has a revival method after destruction...

You could literally kill a vampire lord, resurrect him as the mortal he was, then revive him as a vampire lord.

I mean, if the vampire lord only just died, you could simply use the Revive Undead spell. It's literally raise dead for undead, and directly revives them back to their state of undeath.