PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Favorite 5e Homebrew Base Classes?

Blueiji
2021-06-14, 09:21 PM
Hey folks! I’m fairly new to 5e, and am curious as to what the world of homebrew base classes (as opposed to just homebrew subclasses) has to offer.

I’ve already perused Grod_The_Giant’s work, which is all very solid. Beyond that though, what’re the Playground’s favorite homebrew classes?

In particular, I’d love to see any 5e write-ups for a Tome of Magic-style Binder. I gave “5e Binder” a Google, but there are a ton of different versions. If anyone has a pick for the best among those, I’d love to hear.

BerzerkerUnit
2021-06-14, 09:51 PM
Hey folks! I’m fairly new to 5e, and am curious as to what the world of homebrew base classes (as opposed to just homebrew subclasses) has to offer.

I’ve already perused Grod_The_Giant’s work, which is all very solid. Beyond that though, what’re the Playground’s favorite homebrew classes?

In particular, I’d love to see any 5e write-ups for a Tome of Magic-style Binder. I gave “5e Binder” a Google, but there are a ton of different versions. If anyone has a pick for the best among those, I’d love to hear.

Here's a lot of stuff I've done or collected (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fE_slyku8Q8ueWFrMsPdEsY-x3LLra8a?usp=sharing).

ThriceHonored
2021-06-15, 12:41 PM
Take a gander at Incarnate Last of the Lacers. It’s essentially avatar the last Airbender. It has several interesting sub classes along with two completely new base classes the Lacer and the Samsari

Breccia
2021-06-15, 03:18 PM
I would recommend scrolling back through Base Class voting threads. There's a few going back years, but they'll be easy to spot.

Kane0
2021-06-17, 05:50 AM
Yeah Grod's stuff is good.

If I remember right the Middle Finger of Vecna have a 5e Binder and some other classes, might be worth checking out.

If you havent seen the DMGuild you should, plenty of interesting stuff there and fairly easy to sort through.

Havent really touched base classes myself though, just reworks of the ranger and sorc.