PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim (IC)

Kesnit
2021-06-17, 04:34 AM
The party have only recently completed their trial mission with Vilkas and been accepted as "young bloods" or "whelps." So far, none of you have been tapped for any jobs.

This morning, Aela approaches whichever party members are at breakfast. "It's time to see if Kodlak was right about all of you. We have two jobs not far from Whiterun that should be simple enough for you. There is something going on in the basement of Honningrew Meadery and Riverwood is having problems in the river. Get the rest of the young bloods together and meet me in my room. I'll brief you all together."

Nyan
2021-06-17, 06:29 AM
Halstein

Halstein was not at the breakfast table but he was sitting infront of the fire. He has been feeling chills as of late but he was not sure why, the cold had never really bothered him before. It was usualy in the mornings when he woke up with a cold sweat and a ragged breath, as his memories throw him back to less pleasant times while he sleeps. He drinks allitle and leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees, just to get allitle closer to the flames. His hands clutched together but he opens them up and looks at the necklace held between them. A holy symbol of Talos given to him by his father. He still wore it but has made a note to always keep it under his shirt. Just in case members of the Thalmor embassy passes by, or he does not flaunt it in an imperials face that was normaly enough to not cause any trouble. He looks at it for some time when he hears Aela call out to the Young bloods, which of course includes himself. He makes note of her requests but waits just allitle longer before leaving his chair. "Talos, give me strenght." He thinks as he squeezes the symbol between his hands before putting it on and tucking it underneath his shirt and armor. Standing up he then promtly walks over to Aelas room, thinking the other members can probably make their own way there.

Spore
2021-06-17, 03:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/39d22vd.png
Wardush (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2470623)
Orc Fighter
AC: 19 HP: 13/13
PP: 13 PIv: 11 PIs: 13
Conditions: -

Wardush was still uneasy in the company of these great warriors. During the sparing the day before, he had to give his all to even slightly injure Vilkas. That Nord took heavy blows like gentle brushes. And he was neither the most skilled Companion nor even the stronger of the twins. His brother Farkas surpassed him in strength, as they said.

This was never his goal, but he was not complaining to have a chance to join the fabled companions AND learn the secrets of the Skyforge from THE Eorlund Grey-Mane. The old blacksmith told him to hone his fighting prowess so he knows what is expected of powerful weapons and armor. Many other people would have questioned the old man's sanity, but it all made sense for the orc. He started learning under Ghrza gra-Bagol who regularly abused her apprentices, but he endured this too. Pain and suffering was the orc's way of growing. They weren't called the cursed kin for nothing.

Aela the Huntress however, was in some way the scariest of the companions. Her mind was keen, her bow aimed true, and she was not too bad in melee as well. What truly made her terrifying in company was her astute senses. Of course her beauty matched that, but Wardush feared for the man or mer that reduced her to her looks. So the orc just silently nodded and continued his breakfast of ale, smoked meats and bread. If nothing else, they ate and drank like kings each day.

He moved over to Halstein, another of the new recruits. He was clutching something in his fingers, so Wardush was unable to peek. If Farkas was okay wth him, Wardush was too. Probably just a memento, maybe from a lover. As the Nord stood up to go downstairs, he wanted to greet his new brother in arms.

You are one of the new recruits, eh? I am Wardush Hammerhand. I trust a Nord to stay stalwart and fight on. I hope we get to crack some skulls today. he says, choking on the words he wanted to follow up with, particularly how Sovngarde sounds like an odd reward for a warrior, only idling and becoming fat. A true warrior would love constant conflict even in death.

DigoDragon
2021-06-17, 05:38 PM
Astraxia

At the breakfast table, Astraxia had her fill on fruit and meat, drinking strictly the water. City water always had an odd taste to it compared to the rivers outside, but she didn't like drinking hard drinks so early in the day (Nords, you know? Stomachs of iron). She pauses when Aela mentions jobs and to meet in her room. Xia's tail twitches. Problems in the river? Sounds like her kind of work!

Astraxia finishes up and excuses herself from the table to make one round around the premise to locate any of the other whelps and inform them of Aela's meeting.

Nyan
2021-06-17, 07:31 PM
Halstein

Hearing the orc address him he would pause in his step and turned his head to look over his shoulder, then turned his body to face the orc. At first with an impassive expression but then gave him a smile as he reached out his hand. "Your trust is well placed Wardush. I'm Halstein." Once the orc shook his hand he would then continue on towards the room but continued to speak as he went. "Although im affraid our job might not be as glorious as you make it seem. Pest control more than anything I reckon." Response or not to his comment he would move in to the room and stand to attention, not wanting to make Aela wait longer than she needs to.

Jon talks a lot
2021-06-17, 08:42 PM
Leonecius Menaennius

Leonecius was at the breakfast table. He is overwhelmed, the past few days have been crazy, and he is starting to regret his decision to join the companions. But he has his faith, and that is enough to keep him calm. At least for now. He eats little, but drinks quite a lot of water. Seeing Halstein and Wardush go, he follows them, keeping a safe distance behind them. He enters the tent silently, and doesn't say anything.

Spore
2021-06-17, 10:42 PM
Orc Fighter

Wardush smiles which translates to his unpleasant facial features warping to a grimace that can be interpreted in equal part as amusement and war face. Is pest control not good enough for you, Halstein? We are grouped with two cats, remember? Of course it is skeevers or similar. You first must eat dirt before you can start to crawl. He glances off to Astraxia. Truth was he was glad to have the backup, but the orc was having a hard time trusting the magic users in the group. At least Vilkas made sure their punches gracefully circumvented armored parts for the largest part.

It was too long since Wardush killed something. He relished the thought of breaking a skull with his bare hands, feeling the bones splitter under his pressure, pushing into the soft tissue below. This was the orcish way.

Kesnit
2021-06-18, 05:03 AM
Aela nods as the group enters her room. "As I said, we have two jobs outside Whiterun. They are close to each other, so you should be able to complete both in a day or so. Sabjorn at the meadery is starting to think the basement is haunted. Ghosts, bah! But whatever it is, he says there are sounds coming from the basement and hired the Companions to take care of it. Which means you all take care of it. As for Riverwood, the slaughterfish have become aggressive and begun attacking people who just wade into the water. Orgnar at the Sleeping Giant Inn can give you more details. Any questions?"

DigoDragon
2021-06-18, 08:06 AM
Astraxia

"This one has a question, Astraxia spoke up, "Are either of these jobs time-sensitive?"

Nyan
2021-06-18, 09:48 AM
Halstein

He listens intently, raising his eyebrow at the tasks presented but does not complain. He does however give a glance towards Wardush giving him a look like "I told you so.". He then looks over towards the Kahjiit as she spoke up, nodding in acknowledgement to the question. "Beyond what the cat asked I got no further inquries." He shrugs. "Two cats and an orc...I guess I cant really pick and choose. Better keep my belongings close." He thinks to himself. His time with the stormcloaks hasnt really helped his veiw on other races than his own. But the Companions did not seem to care much at all and so he kept his oppinion to himself, not wanting to cause any trouble.

Jon talks a lot
2021-06-18, 09:55 AM
Leonecius:
(He will talk in red)

Well, uh, actually I do have a question. The slaughterfish, is there a large population, or only a few of the bastards?"

Spore
2021-06-18, 11:41 AM
Orc Fighter

Wardush waves away the questions of the newbies. Fish tend to become aggressive if their population explodes. Same with "ghosts" in the cellar. It's simple pest control. No need to bother the huntress with further questions. He nods at Halstein.

We are shooting fish in a barrel, and squash a few rats under our boots. Cannot be simpler.

Kesnit
2021-06-18, 11:48 AM
Astraxia

"This one has a question, Astraxia spoke up, "Are either of these jobs time-sensitive?"

Aela shrugs. "We were hired to do a job. The reason people hire us is that we get the job done. Both of these issues have been going on for a bit, so I doubt another day or so is going to cause an issue. Why?"

Leonecius:
(He will talk in red)

Well, uh, actually I do have a question. The slaughterfish, is there a large population, or only a few of the bastards?"

"You'll have to ask Orgnar. I got the impression it isn't a large group, but large enough that it is making the river unsafe."

We are shooting fish in a barrel, and squash a few rats under our boots. Cannot be simpler.

Aela laughs. "Rather confidant for a whelp, aren't you?"

Aerys
2021-06-18, 12:57 PM
Esfir (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2470157) enters the Companions hall from his daily communing with the great tree, the final druidic spell phrases still echoing in his mind. He grabs a spare bowl and a ladle full of breakfast stew. He winces at the salty taste, but forces a couple spoonfulls until his taste buds become accustomed.

'These Nords have a strange palate,' he thinks.

Sniffing the air, he follows the familiar scent of his companions downstairs, ignoring the lupine odor permeating the place. The sounds of conversation lead him to Aela's room. He eases toward the back of the group, nodding to the others. At the mention of slaughterfish, his ears perk up and his stomach grumbles.

"Khajiit prefers the river, even in these frigid waters, but will comply with the consensus." He turns to Astraxia. "These slaughterfish can be tough meat, but tasty when fresh, no?"

DigoDragon
2021-06-18, 03:55 PM
"Why?"

"Astraxia was curious to know, as it would help decide which job we accomplish first," she answered honestly, "But since there is no rush, this one would be fine to tackle the meadery first. It is closer than Riverwood, yes?"

She looked at her companions for this mission as that last question was more for them to give their opinions on.

He turns to Astraxia. "These slaughterfish can be tough meat, but tasty when fresh, no?"

Astraxia nods in agreement. "Indeed. It would save khajiit coin to make use of the catch. Fine meals for the trip back."

Kesnit
2021-06-18, 04:06 PM
"Khajiit prefers the river, even in these frigid waters, but will comply with the consensus." He turns to Astraxia. "These slaughterfish can be tough meat, but tasty when fresh, no?"

Astraxia nods in agreement. "Indeed. It would save khajiiti coin to make use of the catch. Fine meals for the trip back."

"Just make sure you get the scales. Arcadia is always on the hunt for alchemical agents."

Jon talks a lot
2021-06-18, 06:28 PM
Leonecius

Uhh, if you all would be so kind as to wait about an hour or so, there is something very important I have to do that will help us immensely.

Regardless of what they say, he will begin ritually casting Find Familiar.

Aerys
2021-06-18, 09:00 PM
"Astraxia was curious to know, as it would help decide which job we accomplish first," she answered honestly, "But since there is no rush, this one would be fine to tackle the meadery first. It is closer than Riverwood, yes?"

Astraxia nods in agreement. "Indeed. It would save khajiit coin to make use of the catch. Fine meals for the trip back."

"This one agrees. Most expedient." Esfir chews absent-mindedly on a bit of meat stuck in his teeth and coughs deeply. "Yes, khajiit much prefers a fresh catch."

"Just make sure you get the scales. Arcadia is always on the hunt for alchemical agents."

"Ah, yes. Of course."

Uhh, if you all would be so kind as to wait about an hour or so, there is something very important I have to do that will help us immensely.

Esfir watches Leonecius intently with intense emerald eyes, trying to read his intent, then speaks.

"Yes, this one will prepare for our travels as well."

Spore
2021-06-18, 10:22 PM
Orc Fighter

They are bony fish so they don't have much meat either. But I am sure an ingenious cat such as you two can make do. I have had worse meals, but with Tilma caring for the Companions I doubt one has to subject themselves to that kind of meal if they don't want to. Wardush says praise about the old haggard lady cooking and cleaning for the Companions.

You could see how immensely he enjoyed her cookery and how he helped her clean, even though he would never admit it. In his mind, any poor excuse for gruel was enough for him, and men had to stand before women, even though Wardush worked under a ruthless woman before.

DigoDragon
2021-06-18, 10:43 PM

"This one can spare the hour if it is that important," Astraxia says.

"This one agrees. Most expedient." Esfir chews absent-mindedly on a bit of meat stuck in his teeth and coughs deeply. "Yes, khajiit much prefers a fresh catch."

Astraxia nods, already thinking about a freshly roasted slaughterfish meal. Perhaps she could obtain a bottle from the meadery for a celebratory dinner after accomplishing the two jobs.

They are bony fish so they don't have much meat either. But I am sure an ingenious cat such as you two can make do. I have had worse meals, but with Tilma caring for the Companions I doubt one has to subject themselves to that kind of meal if they don't want to. Wardush says praise about the old haggard lady cooking and cleaning for the Companions.

Astraxia chuckles, pleased that her idea is not the worst one of possible meal ideas. "Tilma has the advantage of extra years experience with her cooking."

Jon talks a lot
2021-06-18, 11:21 PM
"This one can spare the hour if it is that important,"

Oh trust me, it is.

Spore
2021-06-19, 02:28 AM
Orc Fighter

What do you need the hour for? In that time we could be already there and knee deep in carcasses. It was no secret the orc hated magic like many of his kin. It was natural for them to distrust things they neither needed nor knew very well. Of course even orcs had shamans, but their roles were largely spiritual and seldomly focussed on spellcasting.

I can hurry up and wait all day, if need be. But tell me what you are doing if I am to trust your magics.

No real offense meant, but give me a bit more input to allow my character to trust you.

Aerys
2021-06-19, 08:26 AM
What do you need the hour for? In that time we could be already there and knee deep in carcasses. It was no secret the orc hated magic like many of his kin. It was natural for them to distrust things they neither needed nor knew very well. Of course even orcs had shamans, but their roles were largely spiritual and seldomly focussed on spellcasting.

I can hurry up and wait all day, if need be. But tell me what you are doing if I am to trust your magics.

"If khajiit is to read friend Leonecius' intent correctly, that one seeks merely to add to the group...arsenal, to put it in terms of battle, friend orc." Esfir bats away a fly from his ear. "If friend orc would join this one in the curiosity to see how one will do so, khajiit believes there will be great rewards. Preparation and honing one's blade is a part of battle, no?"

Oops...edited for pronouns. Interesting to work around them :) I'm thinking he's newer Skyrim and to speaking the common tongue, so his speech may evolve as the campaign continues.

Nyan
2021-06-19, 11:15 AM
Halstein

Halstein silently observed the Kahjiit speak intently about the promises of fresh fish and cant help but shake his head as they go on. Frustration clear in his demeanor before he then looks, confused as Leonecius starts to do what he can only guess to be some sort of magic in the middle of Aelas room "...Maybe you should go somewhere else to do that?..." Combined with the cats rambling, at least in his mind with the orc and now that his patience ran out. "I'm leaving, gathering my things and I'll wait by the gates. You lot do what you need to do." He said with a firm voice turning on his heel and marching out the door, resisting the urge to throw his arms in the air and slamming the door shut as he went.

I'd like to point out you need the following to succesfully cast the spell "10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier" so make sure you actually have this at hand cause consumed components can not simply be replaced by a matterial focus or a component pouch. Also kinda weird to do it in the middle of the room where there probably isnt a brazier but what do I know :P

Jon talks a lot
2021-06-19, 11:47 AM
"If I am to read our friend Leonecius' intent correctly, he seeks merely to add to our...arsenal, to put it in your terms, friend orc." Esfir bats away a fly from his ear. "If you would join me in my curiosity to see how he will do so, I believe we will be well rewarded. Preparation and honing one's blade is a part of battle, no?"

Yes, that is the case.

Halstein

Halstein silently observed the Kahjiit speak intently about the promises of fresh fish and cant help but shake his head as they go on. Frustration clear in his demeanor before he then looks, confused as Leonecius starts to do what he can only guess to be some sort of magic in the middle of Aelas room "...Maybe you should go somewhere else to do that?..." Combined with the cats rambling, at least in his mind with the orc and now that his patience ran out. "I'm leaving, gathering my things and I'll wait by the gates. You lot do what you need to do." He said with a firm voice turning on his heel and marching out the door, resisting the urge to throw his arms in the air and slamming the door shut as he went.

I'd like to point out you need the following to succesfully cast the spell "10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier" so make sure you actually have this at hand cause consumed components can not simply be replaced by a matterial focus or a component pouch. Also kinda weird to do it in the middle of the room where there probably isnt a brazier but what do I know :P

I meant to say I stepped out of the tent, but looking back I forgot. Leonecius steps out of the tent and heads a little bit away, beckoning the party to follow, taking out the material components and begins the casting.

DigoDragon
2021-06-19, 11:50 AM
Astraxia

"This one will be patient and wait the hour by packing her things and gathering her maps." Astraxis goes to her room to prepare, gathering her gear and reviewing the rudimentary maps she has made in her travels with her cartographer kit.

While plenty of maps of the realm likely exist, this set is hers, and thus has notations on things that she feels are important--for example, she planned to map out any recent movements of Stormcloak and Imperial groups should the party pass any. Astraxia would prefer to avoid military camps. Bandit camps too if possible.

Kesnit
2021-06-19, 01:52 PM
Aela looks at the ritual casting, then gives Halstein a small shrug. "The day is passing, so you all may want to get going once that is done."

Kesnit
2021-06-20, 07:01 AM
When the party arrives at the meadery, you are met by a very nervous Sabjorn.

"I don't know what's going on down there! There's this skittering, and creaking, and whispering! All day and all night. Just find out what is going on down there."

He leads you to a storeroom and shows you a trapdoor in the floor. "That leads to the cellar."

Spore
2021-06-20, 07:25 AM
Orc Fighter

Whispering does not not sound like any critter I fought before. The other things suggest vermin. Wardush says. Without inquiring the featureless store room further, he proceeds to open the trap door and jumps down.

Nyan
2021-06-20, 07:39 AM
Halstein

Halstein would have been standing by the gates as he said as the others finally started to gather. With crossed arms he would lean against a nearby wall or building giving off a clear presence of not wanting to be bothered. "Took you long enough, let's go." He says with a gruff voice, exchanging looks between each one of his new companions before hoisting his backpack over his shoulder and checking his weapons for one last time. Beyond that Halstein was awfully quiet during the journey to the meadery and unless spoken to would not exchange any conversation with the others. It was clear on his demeanor he did not appreciate the presence of the kahjiit, nor the orc but to a lesser degree. Being sent on pest control was not really his cup of tea either but in the companions eyes he was green so he did need to prove himself. Although he did not relish in the idea, he had proven himself already to the stormcloaks so it was annoying for him to have to do this all over again. Or maybe it was the cold that had been biting at him as soon as he woke up...There had been a lot of frustrating things going on lately and Halstein was simply not having it today. He kept himself infront of the group a few pases away, hoping to not have to listen to the chatter of the kahjiits assuming they were indeed chatting on the way.

Once they arrived to the meadery Halstein approached, listened to what he had to say and followed to the trapdoor. He would throw up the door and move down, as he reached downstairs he would make note of how much light it was and if there was sufficient he would draw two javelins, if there was not he would take out a torch, light it and then grab a javelin in his other hand. Looking around to see what he finds.

Preparing an action to throw a javelin if he does spot a rat or other hostile creature. Rolling a perception in the dice thread.

DigoDragon
2021-06-20, 09:00 AM
Astraxia

Astraxia loved the outdoors. She was raised in a traveling caravan; the sky her nightlight, the warm sun upon her face. She praised Azura for each morning. Talkative? Well yes. Likely to Halstein's chagrin Astraxia liked to chatter about the outdoors and nature. Now if she sees that she's annoying her companions with her blathering, she'll quiet down and focus on the sights.

---

At the meadery, Astraxia will travel down with Halstein. She studies the floor for tracks, trying to discern what might be going 'bump' down here.
(rolled a Survival-16 in dice roller).

Aerys
2021-06-20, 09:53 AM
Whispering does not not sound like any critter I fought before. The other things suggest vermin. Wardush says. Without inquiring the featureless store room further, he proceeds to open the trap door and jumps down.

"Indeed. Most curious." Esfir lithely scales down through the trapdoor, green eyes adjusting to the lighting. His ears twitch as he takes in the scene.

Kesnit
2021-06-21, 01:44 PM
There are no rats in the basement.

You spot an opening in the wall large enough for a human to crawl through. It is partially hidden behind some barrels with enough room for a person to fit between the barrel and the wall.

You can detect three types of marks in the dust. One appears to be humanoid. One look like animal prints. One looks insectoid.

DigoDragon
2021-06-21, 04:43 PM
You can detect three types of marks in the dust. One appears to be humanoid. One look like animal prints. One looks insectoid.

Astraxia

Xia circles around some markings on the ground, studying them intently. She then points them out to the party. "Astraxia has found some curious prints. These are of an animal, these an insect... and the third set here is humanoid. We are dealing with a creature bigger than a rat."

Nyan
2021-06-21, 05:48 PM
Halstein

He observes the room and notices the larger hole in the wall behind some barrels. He then looks towards Astraxia as the kahjiit comments on the tracks found on the ground. "Adding to that im seeing a hole in the wall about the size of a man, if you'd crawl on all fours...Perhaps whatever left those tracks made themselves a tunnel deeper underground. I cant imagine our employer did that to his own wall..." He gestures towards the location. He walks over there himself and moves the barrel, lowers the torch in to the tunnel to take a look deeper inside. Still preparing for whatever could leap out at him if he is not careful.

Yet again preparing an action to attack if something hostile jumps at him.

Aerys
2021-06-22, 08:31 AM
Esfir

As the clues emerge Esfir muses as his irises contract in the reflected firelight, "A humanoid comfortable on all fours and underground, as well as friend to animals."

The thought crosses his mind that the humanoid could be a fellow druid, but he quickly dismisses it.
'No druid would live in such a place.'

"Well, friend orc, care to lead the way into adventure?"

Spore
2021-06-23, 05:22 AM
Orc Fighter

With a smug smile on his face, Wardush nods. I guess you can't do anything before an orc does the dirty work, eh? But it is fine, I relish the thought of being the first to crack this degenerate's skull.

He tries to crawl through the hole in the wall. His armor scrapes on the walls, but any screeching sound is eaten by dirt, brick and mortar. He struggles a bit but eventually manages to go through. I hope I made the hole bigger for you lot. he says while drawing mace and shield, checking the darkness.

Perception with Darkvision 60 ft.: [roll0]

Kesnit
2021-06-23, 05:40 AM
(The hole is not actually that tight. A Medium creature can fit through without squeezing, though it is too low to stand upright. )

The tunnel behind the hole is shadowy, but a dim, flickering light can be seen ahead. The floor is packed dirt.

DigoDragon
2021-06-23, 06:53 AM
Astraxia

Astraxia will enter the hole either in the middle of the pack or pick up the rear, whichever the party is comfortable with. Once through, she steps aside and draws her bow.

The Khajiit looks around the tunnel, listening for movement ahead other than her companions...

(Perception 17 & Survival 20 from the dice thread)

Nyan
2021-06-23, 05:12 PM
Halstein

He held the torch above his comerades as they passed through first the orc then Astraxia. He then made his own way through the tunnel, making sure he didnt torch anything still holding the light infront of him as he went, partly wishing he also could see as well in the dark as the others. "Since there is light up ahead this might not just be animals... Stay vigilant."

Aerys
2021-06-23, 10:08 PM
Esfir

Esfir crouches and hunches over, using practiced stealth movements. He perks up his ears and occasionally looks back as the group makes it's way through the tunnel. He flashes back on his last job, crawling through tight sewer tunnels below a rich estate. 'It could always be worse.'

Spore
2021-06-24, 02:38 AM
Orc Fighter

Wardush faces to the front, and his features harden. If it is man or mer, they should have a chance to surrender. We came for pest extermination, but I will not slaughter an innocent person when we have the chance to talk to them.

Their pets, if they house any, should not be a problem for us even in a fair open fight.

With that, he clangs his shield with his mace, and shouts down the corridor. We are here to remove you from these premises. Come out peacefully and tell your pets to stand down and no harm will come to you. Resist and be broken by the Companions however.

With this he advances swiftly.

Intimidation if needed [roll0]

Kesnit
2021-06-24, 06:10 AM
After Wardush calls out, loud skittering can be heard farther down the passage.

As the party progresses, they soon reach an opening wide and tall enough for a human or mer to walk through upright. There is a closed, waist-high wooden gate across the opening. Beyond the opening is a large, torchlit room. In the corners of the room are wooden enclosures (also about waist-high) with open gates. Another opening (without a gate) is in the right wall. In the room are 4 large rats and a snake. All of the creatures are moving towards the opening.

DigoDragon
2021-06-24, 06:54 AM
Astraxia (Init 12)

She whispers to her companions, "It appears that the 'pets' are left behind by our unwanted guest. This one suggests we dispatch them quickly."

Aerys
2021-06-24, 08:21 AM
Esfir (Initiative: 21)

With practiced whispered words in the ancient tongue Esfir's left hand wreathes in green flame. His eyes squint and glint in the firelight as he prepares to launch a bolt of flame at the nearest rat. (Casting produce flame)

Produce Flame attack at rat (30ft): (1d20+4)[5], (1d8)[1] fire damage

Nyan
2021-06-24, 08:56 AM
Halstein

As he comes out of the tunnel, he sees sees the rats and sake move towards one of the other exits in the room. "Don't let them get away!" He shouts as he then drops his torch seeing that whatever cave system they are in is lit up sufficiently.

If I can use my action that I had prepared earlier Halstein is throwing his spear at the closest target. If not you can simply ignore that roll and move on with the initiative order.

Spore
2021-06-24, 02:39 PM
Orc Fighter
Conditions: Init (12)

Wardush advances to the gate and stands in the creatures' way. Low swings should prevent them from passing by the burly guardian.

Attack or prepared attack if something isnt in reach at the gate exactly. [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Opportunity attack if something tries to slip by: [roll2] [roll3]

Kesnit
2021-06-24, 05:33 PM

With practiced whispered words in the ancient tongue Esfir's left hand wreathes in green flame. His eyes squint and glint in the firelight as he prepares to launch a bolt of flame at the nearest rat. (Casting produce flame)

Produce Flame attack at rat (30ft): (1d20+4)[5], (1d8)[1] fire damage

The ball of fire flies from your hand, but the rat flattens itself and the fire flies over its body.

(Rats and Snake, Init 20)

The rats squeek angrily and dance around near the door. However, they cannot approach because the door is closed. The snake raises up and hisses.

Halstein
(Init 16)

As he comes out of the tunnel, he sees sees the rats and sake move towards one of the other exits in the room. "Don't let them get away!" He shouts as he then drops his torch seeing that whatever cave system they are in is lit up sufficiently.

If I can use my action that I had prepared earlier Halstein is throwing his spear at the closest target. If not you can simply ignore that roll and move on with the initiative order.

The spear flies across the room and plants itself into the ground between two rats.

Astraxia (Init 12)

She whispers to her companions, "It appears that the 'pets' are left behind by our unwanted guest. This one suggests we dispatch them quickly."

Wardush advances to the gate and stands in the creatures' way. Low swings should prevent them from passing by the burly guardian.

Attack or prepared attack if something isnt in reach at the gate exactly. [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Opportunity attack if something tries to slip by: [roll2] [roll3]

Please see the OOC thread.

Aerys
2021-06-24, 11:40 PM

Esfir hisses under his breath and fires again, the flash of green flame sizzling through the air.

Produce Flame attack at rat (30ft): (1d20+4)[11], (1d8)[8] fire damage

DigoDragon
2021-06-25, 06:20 AM
Astraxia (Init 12)

Astraxia notches an arrow and let's it fly against one of the rats.

Longbow: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Astraxia will use her move to back up 10 feet to avoid getting into melee.

Nyan
2021-06-25, 03:13 PM
Halstein
Initiative: 16

Having thrown away his javelin and dropped his torch, Halstein pulls his greatsword and steps up to the critters as Wardush kicks the gate open. "Let's waste no time! Whoever held these in captivity might still be further in!" He then raises his sword and intends to cleave one of the beasts in twain, whichever is closest.

Will use object interaction to pull my weapon, move to get in to melee and action to strike at the closest foe.
Attack roll: [roll0]
if Adv/Dis: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
if crit add: [roll3]

Spore
2021-06-25, 10:03 PM
Orc Fighter

After kicking the door open, Wardush grumbles. Pesky little dingleberries.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

DigoDragon
2021-06-26, 12:00 PM
"This one shall get to the point then," Astraxia said. She notched another arrow and let it fly into the nearest rat.

Kesnit
2021-06-26, 07:30 PM

Esfir hisses under his breath and fires again, the flash of green flame sizzling through the air.

Produce Flame attack at rat (30ft): (1d20+4)[11], (1d8)[8] fire damage

The flame at first appears to hit a rat, but as it clears, you can see the rat is unharmed. It squeeks at you defiantly.

The rats race towards Wardush and Halstein and attempt to nibble on their feet. However, their teeth just aren't that strong and they cannot damage the valiant warriors.

The snake seems to have reaized fire is coming from the druid. It begins to slither towards the warmth.

Both Halstein and Wardush will get an attack of opportunity as the snake slithers to the door.

Halstein
Initiative: 16

Having thrown away his javelin and dropped his torch, Halstein pulls his greatsword and steps up to the critters as Wardush kicks the gate open. "Let's waste no time! Whoever held these in captivity might still be further in!" He then raises his sword and intends to cleave one of the beasts in twain, whichever is closest.

Will use object interaction to pull my weapon, move to get in to melee and action to strike at the closest foe.
Attack roll: [roll0]
if Adv/Dis: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
if crit add: [roll3]

Halstein swings at the rats at his feet, but misses.

Astraxia (Init 12)

Astraxia notches an arrow and let's it fly against one of the rats.

Astraxia will use her move to back up 10 feet to avoid getting into melee.

Astraxia's arrow strikes the side of a rat. It squeeks, but is clearly wounded.

After kicking the door open, Wardush grumbles. Pesky little dingleberries.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

The rat that Astraxia struck falls dead at your feet.

Aerys
2021-06-26, 10:44 PM
Esfir (Initiative 21)

His eyes narrow as the rat scrambles away, hissing in Khajiiti "Chepukha."

As the snake approaches, he slides out the curved steel blade out of it's sheath and tenses for action, his tail flicking in anticipation.

Holding an attack on the snake when it gets in range.
(Held) Scimitar attack on snake: (1d20+5)[9] (1d6+3)[4] slashing (Oh boy :P)

Spore
2021-06-26, 10:48 PM
Orc Fighter

With a heavy stomp, Wardush tries to crush the snake encroaching onto the black khajiit. He then focusses his attention towards the skeevers again. Hardly a rousing conflict but I enjoy it so far. he says as he swings at the rats again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kesnit
2021-06-27, 05:50 AM
With a heavy stomp, Wardush tries to crush the snake encroaching onto the black khajiit. He then focusses his attention towards the skeevers again. Hardly a rousing conflict but I enjoy it so far. he says as he swings at the rats again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The snake explodes from the force of Wardush's stomp.

Nyan
2021-06-27, 06:17 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/JyzchXCg/daed551fbbdbe54b37586bc71c4bc984.png (https://postimg.cc/JyzchXCg)
Halstein "Frosthand" (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2469976)
Human Paladin
AC: 16 HP: 12/12 INIT: +0
Passive Peception: 13
Passive Investigation: 9
Passive Insight: 11
Current Initiative: 16

As the snake tries to pass him he will strike his sword in a wide, low sweep. Hoping to catch both the snake and possibly another rat in the same swing.

Using my reaction to hit the snake, then my action to hit a rat. Will remain standing where I am. But if no rat is within reach ill move to that rat first.

Aerys
2021-06-27, 08:46 AM
Esfir (Initiative 21)

"Well done, friend orc."

Esfir searches for the last rat and launches another ill-fated blast of flame. "The fates are not with Khajiit this day."

Produce Flame at rat: (1d20+4)[10] (1d8)[8] fire (Again :P)

Kesnit
2021-06-28, 06:52 PM
Esfin moves his fingers and another fireball flies towards the remaining rats. Surprisingly, they shift out of the way.

Two of the rats try to bite Wardush's feet. One actually manages to get a tooth through (5 damage)

The last rat tries to bite Halstein, but fails miserably.

Astraxtia plants an arrow into a rat at Wardush's feet. It survives, but clearly looks hurt.

Nyan
2021-06-28, 07:11 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/JyzchXCg/daed551fbbdbe54b37586bc71c4bc984.png (https://postimg.cc/JyzchXCg)
Human Paladin

He kicks the rat as it tries to bite him and then immediatly, if possible without risking a bite in the ankle, moves to flank one of the rats that has its attention on Wardush. Attempting to stab his greatsword down on it to skewer it like a peice of meat on a stick.

If I can without provoking an attack of oppertunity I will try to flank with wardush towards one of the rats. If not I will remain where I stand. I will also remain where im standing if we are not using the flanking rules.

Aerys
2021-06-28, 07:33 PM
Esfir (Initiative 21)

Esfir tracks the rat, his head and tail dancing back and forth. In an instant he goes to skewer his prey...

Scimitar attack on rat

Spore
2021-06-29, 03:35 AM
Orc Fighter
AC: 19 HP: 8/13

As you would expect, Wardush does try not to answer to the bite with any reaction, but you can hear a guttural low droning. The others might even be reminded of a snarling wild cat. With the flick of his foot, the orc removes the pest from his boot. Mentally reminding himself to create steel plated boots once he is allowed at the Skyforge, he swings at the injured rat.

Try to use the right tools, guys. he admonishes you.

[roll0] [roll1]

Kesnit
2021-06-29, 07:25 PM
Esfir swings wildly, but misses.

One of the rats get a tooth on Wardush (3 damage) before being flatted by Halstein. The other rat, however, takes a nibble out of Halstein's foot. (3 damage)

Over the sound of battle, another sound comes from the other passage. Maybe a voice?

DigoDragon
2021-06-29, 07:30 PM
Astraxia pulls back another arrow. Use the right tools? Why yes, a bow is a perfectly good tool, Astraxis thinks to herself. Why fight so close that your enemy can nibble on your ankle?

"This one wonders if these animals were trained for stealing from the meadery..." She lets loose her arrow at the nearest target still active.

Longbow attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing

Kesnit
2021-06-29, 07:35 PM
Astraxia pulls back another arrow. Use the right tools? Why yes, a bow is a perfectly good tool, Astraxis thinks to herself. Why fight so close that your enemy can nibble on your ankle?

"This one wonders if these animals were trained for stealing from the meadery..." She lets loose her arrow at the nearest target still active.

Longbow attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing

Another rat falls over dead.

Spore
2021-06-29, 09:53 PM
Orc Fighter
AC: 19 HP: 5/13

With the creatures almost dead, the orsimer relaxes a tad too soon. The skeever lunges at the orc's face, and Wardush retaliates. He hears what he assumes is the mongrel master of these beasts. Come out and we will not immediately break your kneecaps. he shouts.

[roll0] [roll1]

Kesnit
2021-06-30, 07:20 AM
Wardush swings and misses the remaining rat.

Esfir will get one more attack on the rat. If it hits, the rat will die. Otherwise, the rat will Disengage and run away towards the opening in the right-hand wall.

Aerys
2021-06-30, 09:39 AM
Esfir (Init 21)

Esfir calms and centers himself, envisioning the warm sands of home. Then with focused intention releases another blast of flame at the remaining creature.

Come on :(

Produce Flame: (1d20+4)[8] (1d8)[5]

Kesnit
2021-06-30, 06:59 PM
Esfir (Init 21)

Esfir calms and centers himself, envisioning the warm sands of home. Then with focused intention releases another blast of flame at the remaining creature.

Come on :(

Produce Flame: (1d20+4)[8] (1d8)[5]

The rat rushes across the room towards the opening.

Incoherent muttering comes from the far hallway.

Spore
2021-07-01, 06:13 AM
Orc Fighter

You failed to reveal yourself, interloper. Wardush shouts down the hall. He turns to his friends. I will go take him now. as the orcish juggernaut barrels down the hall.

double move until I might see someone.

Kesnit
2021-07-01, 12:15 PM
You failed to reveal yourself, interloper. Wardush shouts down the hall. He turns to his friends. I will go take him now. as the orcish juggernaut barrels down the hall.

double move until I might see someone.

Not too far down the hallway, you see an old man hobbling along, farther down the passage. He is looking down and appears to be talking to the large rats by his feet. The rats are not attacking him. A spider as large as the man follows behind him.

Aerys
2021-07-03, 03:24 PM
Esfir

Esfir frowns at the scurrying rat. Preparing another bolt he pauses, "Perhaps this one has another purpose to fulfill." He spins toward the charging orc and follows.

"Take care to not scare off the prey, friend orc," he says preparing his legs for a burst of speed if necessary. "This one's group may yet make a new acquaintance."

Spore
2021-07-03, 04:46 PM
Orc Fighter

Wardush charges the man and tries to pin him onto the opposing wall with a brutal tackle.

Refluffed melee attack: [roll0] [roll1]

Nyan
2021-07-03, 06:22 PM
Human Paladin

Halstein upon hearing the voice down the tunnel he will take the initiative with wardush and rush after.

DigoDragon
2021-07-03, 10:24 PM
Astraxia watches the party's back, keeping an eye out so more vermin don't sneak up on them.

Kesnit
2021-07-04, 06:48 AM
Wardush charges the man and tries to pin him onto the opposing wall with a brutal tackle.

Refluffed melee attack: [roll0] [roll1]

The man does not resist, and actually seems surprised when you run into (and over) him.

"Who? What? What's going on? Where are my pets?"

Halstein upon hearing the voice down the tunnel he will take the initiative with wardush and rush after.

The man gives another look of shock when Halstein runs into view. "Please. Please don't hurt me. I didn't mean anything. I just wanted a safe place for my pets."

Astraxia watches the party's back, keeping an eye out so more vermin don't sneak up on them.

The rats and spiders do not appear to be doing anything.

About that time, the injured rat hobbles into view. "BINKY!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU??" The man starts crying.

Nyan
2021-07-04, 08:17 AM
Human Paladin

Hearing the mans cries and pleas he is suprised more than anything. He quickly pulls he orc off the man and takes a step in between them if he is able. "Get off him, he is no threat." He says before setting his attention to the man. He puts away his weapon as a sign of peace and then speaks in a commanding tone. "Alright, stop your sniveling. We are sent by the companions to remove you and your..." He hessitates. "Pets...from this location. You have been disturbing the owner of the meadery. A hole in the cave leads straight to his basment." He gives a cautious look at the spider behind the man. "Take your remaining pets and get out of here before we remove you by force." There was no compassion in his voice, he disliked this as much as the man infront of him. "Great...It had to become complicated..." He thinks to himself.

Taking the dodge action just incase he tells his pets to attack me.
if i need any rolls persuation/intimidation whatever you think is fitting and then roll them for me

Kesnit
2021-07-04, 08:27 AM
Hearing the mans cries and pleas he is suprised more than anything. He quickly pulls he orc off the man and takes a step in between them if he is able. "Get off him, he is no threat." He says before setting his attention to the man. He puts away his weapon as a sign of peace and then speaks in a commanding tone. "Alright, stop your sniveling. We are sent by the companions to remove you and your..." He hessitates. "Pets...from this location. You have been disturbing the owner of the meadery. A hole in the cave leads straight to his basment." He gives a cautious look at the spider behind the man. "Take your remaining pets and get out of here before we remove you by force." There was no compassion in his voice rather commanding as he gestured towards the rat.

"P...p...please... Please don't hurt me." He glances fearfully at Wardush. "I... I came here years ago with just a few pets. We've been down here so long. We didn't mean to bother anyone. My pets and I have made a home here. Please."

Spore
2021-07-04, 10:57 AM
Orc Fighter

Wardush stashes his weapon and crosses his mighty arms. You should be glad we are tougher than the average guy. Your 'pets' would have eviscerated anyone with lesser armor or stamina. The orc inches closer to the scared man. Hands behind your back where I can see them. If the man complies, Wardush wraps his large hand around the man's arms, putting another one on his shoulders to have a proper grip of him.

You will have to find another home then. You are not wanted here, and you neither pay the owner of this abode, The orc looks around and takes a whiff of air nor seem particularly interested in cleaning.

He pauses to think. Homelessness should however be the business of any proper chieftain. Do you think Jarl Balgruuf or his steward will lend his aid in this matter? he turns to Halstein with a quizzical face.

Nyan
2021-07-04, 12:29 PM
Human Paladin
Current Initiative: -

Halstein puts his hand on Wardush shoulder as he goes to restrain the man, stopping him from doing so lest Wardush decides to ignore it. "Relax orsimer, lets talk this through before we strongarm him out of here." He comments. At the orcs question on the resposibility of the Jarl he shakes his head. "If he has been living here in this cave it is clear he has not been able to get the coin to own a home. And the Jarl would not give such away for free. Especialy considering this mans company." He gestures to the large spider and then speaks to the man again. "Look we were payed to do a job and that is getting rid of you and the owner of the meadery is the one who ordered it. So unless you want us to throw you out of here thats up to you to convince him to let you stay, not us." He then points further down the tunnel. "Maybe explain to him also why you have made a tunnel through the wall in to his basment, maybe figure that out by fixing it, make sure it does not happen again and maybe he will stop complaining about the noise your animals make. Fact of the matter is you might think they are pets but to most in skyrim those things, especially the spider are monsters."

He looks at Wardush. "We take him with us out the normal way, wherever that may be. Then we bring him to the meadery owner and they can talk. If the man refuses we will force him out and take him there. Or chase him off if we have to, alright?"

DigoDragon
2021-07-04, 05:45 PM
Astraxia slowly but surely closes in with the rest of her party, stopping to collect arrows that survived. When she catches up, she puts her bow away and listens to the discussion.

'So it turns out to be this... what do the nords call them? Milk drinkers?'

"Is he the only one?" Astraxia finally asks when there is a pause.

Spore
2021-07-05, 02:23 AM
Orc Fighter

Wardush locks eyes with the nord for a moment. It is as if there is a flame burning in them, his facial features harden. After a long moment he breaks the eye contact. Before he finally loosens his grip, but can't help himself and pushes the trespasser away a few feet. What is your name, for the protocol? he grunts.

Kesnit
2021-07-05, 03:28 PM
Wardush stashes his weapon and crosses his mighty arms. You should be glad we are tougher than the average guy. Your 'pets' would have eviscerated anyone with lesser armor or stamina. The orc inches closer to the scared man. Hands behind your back where I can see them. If the man complies, Wardush wraps his large hand around the man's arms, putting another one on his shoulders to have a proper grip of him.

You will have to find another home then. You are not wanted here, and you neither pay the owner of this abode, The orc looks around and takes a whiff of air nor seem particularly interested in cleaning.

The man puts his hands behind his back.

He pauses to think. Homelessness should however be the business of any proper chieftain. Do you think Jarl Balgruuf or his steward will lend his aid in this matter? he turns to Halstein with a quizzical face.

Halstein puts his hand on Wardush shoulder as he goes to restrain the man, stopping him from doing so lest Wardush decides to ignore it. "Relax orsimer, lets talk this through before we strongarm him out of here." He comments. At the orcs question on the resposibility of the Jarl he shakes his head. "If he has been living here in this cave it is clear he has not been able to get the coin to own a home. And the Jarl would not give such away for free. Especialy considering this mans company." He gestures to the large spider and then speaks to the man again. "Look we were payed to do a job and that is getting rid of you and the owner of the meadery is the one who ordered it. So unless you want us to throw you out of here thats up to you to convince him to let you stay, not us." He then points further down the tunnel. "Maybe explain to him also why you have made a tunnel through the wall in to his basment, maybe figure that out by fixing it, make sure it does not happen again and maybe he will stop complaining about the noise your animals make. Fact of the matter is you might think they are pets but to most in skyrim those things, especially the spider are monsters."

"I don't want a house! I need to stay with my pets. If there is somewhere else we can go, I'll go. I didn't know the owner of the meadery was aware we were here."

He looks at Wardush. "We take him with us out the normal way, wherever that may be. Then we bring him to the meadery owner and they can talk. If the man refuses we will force him out and take him there. Or chase him off if we have to, alright?"

"There is another exit from the cave this way." He points the way he came.

Astraxia slowly but surely closes in with the rest of her party, stopping to collect arrows that survived. When she catches up, she puts her bow away and listens to the discussion.

'So it turns out to be this... what do the nords call them? Milk drinkers?'

"Is he the only one?" Astraxia finally asks when there is a pause.

The man blushes and hangs his head at being called a "milk drinker."

"Yes, I am the only person here. I came here with my pets to try to keep all of us safe."

Wardush locks eyes with the nord for a moment. It is as if there is a flame burning in them, his facial features harden. After a long moment he breaks the eye contact. Before he finally loosens his grip, but can't help himself and pushes the trespasser away a few feet. What is your name, for the protocol? he grunts.

"My name is Hamelyn."

Spore
2021-07-06, 05:54 AM
Orc Fighter

Hamelyn, eh? I might have crushed a few of your pets. You may want to bury them. Wardush says without either sarcasm nor true remorse. He just stated a fact. He looks at the sad sack of a nord, and pats him on the back. Hey, things can only go up from now. If you bathe and shave properly, you're not too bad. He pulls the man in front of him.

Shoulders out, stand upright. You still got a spine, don't you? You argued with armed warriors about what is dear to you. Only brave men do that. But to argue with the owner you might not want to tell him about your pets just yet. You should wash yourself in the river nearby, after we dispatched the slaughterfish. Then we go talk to the meadery owner. How does that sound for a plan, Hamelyn?

Wardush was unsure if he went too soft on the beggar, but he didn't want to break him. He only knew the tough love of his former master Ghorza of Morthal, but if he applied full pressure the orc was sure Hamelyn would break.

Aerys
2021-07-07, 10:45 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/76/b9/ce/76b9ce671c4dbc52d3696e259bfd44df.jpg

Esfir

Still tense, Esfir takes in the conversation reading the man's facial expressions and intonations as best he can. He has little to add to the conversation, but his ears perk up at the question of others being nearby and squints his eyes in the torchlight. Satisfied after a few moments he banishes the crackling fire in his hand and sheathes his blade.

"This one is more than ready to see the sky again." He turns to Astraxia, "A good catch will be had, no? And then a feast." His eyes brighten.

Nyan
2021-07-07, 02:22 PM
Human Paladin

Halstein met the orcs eyes, unflinching. Not intimidated yet not responding with hostility. He met his burning gaze with the cold stare of his own, his breath slowing, almost exhaling a puff of cold which disappears as soon as it came out. Ice and fire meet, and the moment is gone. When Wardush lets the man go he in turn removes his hand from the orcs shoulder. Halstein steps back and then simply watches the orc speak with the man. He looks at his own hand for a second and thinks. <"That cold again...Probably just the wind...">

Listening to the words Wardush said to the man, encouraging even, slapping him on his back...It was certainly different to his regular veiws of how orcs tend to behave. Crossing his arms he ponders, looking at Wardush more so than the man they were actually tasked to deal with. <"Odd that one...for an orc."> He thinks to himself. A small smirk showing on his steely expression, thinking back on younger days with his comrades and friends. The treatment was not to different to the way the orc treated the man. It was...Nostalgic in a way.

Daydreaming aside he responds to the mans comment about not wanting a house. "Well then if you dont want a house just like I said before and the orc mentions then you either speak with the meadery owner about you staying here. Or you find somewhere else to go. And if you do need to bury your pets hurry up and get to it. But you better make a choice now. We don't have all day." Halstein would let the man gather his things, bury his pets if he must but would then attempt to usher everyone to get going out of this place. "Come on, lets get on with it." He says.

Kesnit
2021-07-07, 02:51 PM
Hamelyn, eh? I might have crushed a few of your pets. You may want to bury them.

Hamelyn nods and looks down the way the party came. Almost absentmindedly, he brushes an hand over the body of the spider behind him.

Shoulders out, stand upright. You still got a spine, don't you? You argued with armed warriors about what is dear to you. Only brave men do that.

Hamelyn squares up his shoulders a little and almost smiles.

[COLOR="#A52A2A"]But to argue with the owner you might not want to tell him about your pets just yet. You should wash yourself in the river nearby, after we dispatched the slaughterfish. Then we go talk to the meadery owner. How does that sound for a plan, Hamelyn?

"Well then if you dont want a house just like I said before and the orc mentions then you either speak with the meadery owner about you staying here. Or you find somewhere else to go. And if you do need to bury your pets hurry up and get to it. But you better make a choice now. We don't have all day." Halstein would let the man gather his things, bury his pets if he must but would then attempt to usher everyone to get going out of this place. "Come on, lets get on with it." He says.

"Sounds good. As I said, there is another exit back this way. Maybe he'll let me stay if I can repair the wall to keep my pets out. I have a shovel in my cave..."

DigoDragon
2021-07-07, 04:58 PM
"This one is more than ready to see the sky again." He turns to Astraxia, "A good catch will be had, no? And then a feast." His eyes brighten.

Astraxia nods. "Khajiit will eat like jarls for once," she chuckles.

Spore
2021-07-08, 07:06 AM
Orc Fighter
AC: 19 HP: 13/21

Wardush nods to the request to repair the cellar. Repairing might need a while, plus you need it to negotiate your living situation. You will also learn your absence will attract new vermin, so maybe they would want you as a groundskeeper anyway. But you will come with us for now.

The orsimer guided them out of there, now a bit more relaxed not awaiting an ambush at every turn, but he strapped on his shield. The orc did not trust the Companions fully, and thus had taken his belongings with him. He points Hamelyn to the backpack. Carry this for me. It will make defending us much easier. Of course he lied as the massive mer was easily capable of holding his gear. It seemed that he wanted to test Hamelyn's strength or endurance. He cast his view onto the animal-affine nomad, unflinching, ready to strike him with a resounding slap if he would scratch anything.

Tough love coming from the guy that almost died to Hamelyn's rats. I hope it is okay for the slap not to injure just to "motivate". I would appreciate if you wanted damage, that I could limit it to a single hit point worth. But I assume timid Hamelyn would be careful enough.

Nyan
2021-07-09, 05:27 PM
Human Paladin
AC: 17 HP: 20/20 INIT: +0

Assuming everything went smoothly Halstein would go with the group out of the cave, taking a deep breath once he exited. Happy to be outside again. "So lets go back to our employer and let us know the task is done." And then he also turns to their new companion. "And you will get the chance to speak with him as well about your...Living conditions..."

Kesnit
2021-07-09, 05:33 PM
Wardush nods to the request to repair the cellar. Repairing might need a while, plus you need it to negotiate your living situation. You will also learn your absence will attract new vermin, so maybe they would want you as a groundskeeper anyway. But you will come with us for now.

The orsimer guided them out of there, now a bit more relaxed not awaiting an ambush at every turn, but he strapped on his shield. The orc did not trust the Companions fully, and thus had taken his belongings with him. He points Hamelyn to the backpack. Carry this for me. It will make defending us much easier. Of course he lied as the massive mer was easily capable of holding his gear. It seemed that he wanted to test Hamelyn's strength or endurance. He cast his view onto the animal-affine nomad, unflinching, ready to strike him with a resounding slap if he would scratch anything.

Hamelyn manages to lift the pack. He needs to use both hands and staggers when he tries to follow.

Assuming everything went smoothly Halstein would go with the group out of the cave, taking a deep breath once he exited. Happy to be outside again. "So lets go back to our employer and let us know the task is done." And then he also turns to their new companion. "And you will get the chance to speak with him as well about your...Living conditions..."

Hamelyn nods, still struggling to carry Wardush's pack. "Hopefully he will let me stay. We can keep the rest of the vermin out."

DigoDragon
2021-07-09, 07:35 PM
Astraxia follows along out of the cavern. She too is happy to be outside. She's not sure about bringing this person along, but she also thinks its not really her decision? In any case, problem was solved and that's what matters primarily. Hamelyn is probably harmless and will just find some other cave to camp in with his... 'pets'.

Kesnit
2021-07-09, 08:15 PM
Sabjorn is nervously pacing the brewing hall when the party - plus Hamelyn - enters.

"Who is this? Have you taken care of the sounds?"

Hamelyn puts down Wardush's pack and approaches Sabjorn. "I'm very sorry. I did not realize my pets were getting into your basement. I'll fix the wall. I promise! Just let me - us - stay in the cave."

Sabjorn gives him a confused look.

Nyan
2021-07-09, 08:52 PM
Human Paladin

At the extremely unenlightening explanation given by Hamelyn Halstein shakes his head in dissaproval, pulling his hand through his long black hair and exclaiming. "By the nine divines could you be any less descriptive?" He then looks at Sabjorn and starts explaining himself. "Alright. In your basement there is a man-sized hole in the wall leading in to a cave system." He then points to Hamelyn. "This man has lived down there with several domesticated creatures. They were probably the cause of the hole in your wall. And that is why you have started hearing thjngs you havent before. Now he is intending to correct this damage to your property and even take care of vermin in the area for you in the future. But this is only if you allow him to stay." He looks at Hamelyn with a sharp glare expecting him to confirm. "Right Hamelyn?..." Halstein did not like how cimplicated this turned out. But he hopes that leaving out the actual nature of the "pets" would smoothe the negotiations allitle.

((Rolling for persuation in the dice roller. Aid me for advantagr guys!))

Spore
2021-07-10, 05:27 AM
Orc Fighter

Wardush nods to Halstein's words, and looks around. Usually the Khajiit merchants he knew were wordy and persuasive enough. Not these ones though. He shrugs, which makes his orcish armor clatter and jingle. Of course a one-time job would not suffice to provide shelter and a small payment. I would suggest Hamelyn becomes your groundskeeper. You see, your meadery is perfectly situated to house several colonies of vermin. You would need one with experience in these things to keep them away.

Wardush steps closer to the counter. Or would you want your meadery to be known as the one that had rats in its basement? A big ugly smile in the orc's face suggested he was fine with this outcome as well.

He plucked his backpack off of Hamelyn with one arm. Maybe the nord was not cut out for this.

Advantage get?

DigoDragon
2021-07-10, 11:02 PM
For better or worse, Astraxia was chatty, but not very skilled at persuading anyone with her words. She's likely just bore the owner, so she stands back and lets the two do the talking, nodding now and then at their points in agreement.

Kesnit
2021-07-11, 06:08 AM
At the extremely unenlightening explanation given by Hamelyn Halstein shakes his head in dissaproval, pulling his hand through his long black hair and exclaiming. "By the nine divines could you be any less descriptive?" He then looks at Sabjorn and starts explaining himself. "Alright. In your basement there is a man-sized hole in the wall leading in to a cave system." He then points to Hamelyn. "This man has lived down there with several domesticated creatures. They were probably the cause of the hole in your wall. And that is why you have started hearing thjngs you havent before. Now he is intending to correct this damage to your property and even take care of vermin in the area for you in the future. But this is only if you allow him to stay." He looks at Hamelyn with a sharp glare expecting him to confirm. "Right Hamelyn?..." Halstein did not like how cimplicated this turned out. But he hopes that leaving out the actual nature of the "pets" would smoothe the negotiations allitle.

Hamelyn nods quickly at Halstein's explanation. "Yes. I didn't realize my pets had gotten into your basement. But I can fix it! And I'll keep everything out from now on!"

Sabjorn looks horrified at the thought of vermin. "I would be ruined if word of this gets out!" He looks at Hamelyn. "Yes, yes... If you can keep my basement safe, you can stay!"

Sabjorn then looks at the party. "I need to pay you, don't I?" He hurries behind the counter. "Here's your pay. And a little extra to keep this a secret!" He hands everyone 110 septims.

DigoDragon
2021-07-11, 09:01 AM
"Here's your pay. And a little extra to keep this a secret!" He hands everyone 110 septims.

"Khajiit's lips are sealed," Astraxia says, purring with the payment in hand. She quietly puts it away in a pouch and turns to her companions. "Onward to our next mission?"

Spore
2021-07-11, 10:41 AM
Orc Fighter

Wardush grins, pocketing his pay. With one fell swoop, he takes up his rucksack and goes for the door. His silence and happiness should be enough to guarantee the barkeep that he would not say anything.

Aerys
2021-07-11, 02:45 PM

Esfir

Esfir watches the interactions closely, still somewhat unfamiliar with the customs in these northlands, and accepts the coin with a bowed head. He reflexively takes note of where the coins came from any other valuables in the room, before pushing the thoughts aside.

"Khajiit gives thanks. May warm sands be in the stars for this one."

Kesnit
2021-07-14, 12:53 PM
(I assume the party is done at the meadery and heads to Riverwood.)

About a mile outside the village, two children - both about 10 years old - come running up.

"Are you the ones who are going to give us our swimming hole back? Please say you are!!" They continue along these lines, not allowing the party to actually answer them.

If the party continues walking towards the village, the children will follow you.

Finally, after several minutes, the children seem to run out of breath and stop talking.

Spore
2021-07-14, 02:59 PM
Orc Fighter

Seemingly annoyed by the children, Wardush tries to ignore them. After a while, he turns and grabs the tallest boy. Didn't your parents ever tell you not to piss of an orc? Don't your parents tell you proper stories about us? We eat annoying kids.

The orc was very harsh, but secretly concerned for the well-being of the kids. These fish strip your flesh from your bones. And if they don't, I will. Wardush growls.

Intimidate [roll0]

Aerys
2021-07-14, 11:06 PM

Esfir

Esfir smiles as the children run among them, thinking of his own family and childhood in the desert sands. 'Perhaps some day we will be free to raise young ones such as these.'

"Blessings of the moons upon you, younglings." Esfir nods at the Wardush's words to the children, "Yes, take care. These frigid north rivers hold many dangers and can chill to the bone. Especially those without the gift of fur."

He turns to Halstein smiling, "Or prodigious facial hair, eh friend paladin?" He was hoping to lighten the mood set by the orc's harsh words.

DigoDragon
2021-07-15, 06:27 AM
Astraxia looks concerned how rough Wardush is handling the children, but perhaps this is the orc way, so she won't criticize.

Instead she tries to be helpful by adding some instructions to the end of the orc's warning.

"Go and tell your village elders that we are here to solve the slaughter fish problem," she instructs in a firm, but calm tone. "We would meet with them. Go now, it would be wise not to keep us waiting."

Nyan
2021-07-15, 05:25 PM
Human Paladin

Halstein would look at his companions dealing with the children, raising an eyebrow at Esfir speaking about his beard but does not reply. He does not seem to mind the rough attitude of the orc, rather making no effort at all to pay any attention to the children. Thinking the others have done enough not needing his input. Once they are either scared away or simple leaves he would continue on towards the river.

He looks at Wardush in particular however seeing the small but quite few red bloodstains along his feet and legs from the rats. "...You are not intending on resting are you? That is going to hurt like nothing else stepping in to salt water." While still walking halstein would raise his hand and sparks of light would move from his shoulder to the palm of his hand, flaring up in a ball of light as it coalesces within his hand. He then hovers it over wardush as the light moves in to him, curing his wounds. "Luckily I've learned some minor restoration magic back in the day. Usually you dont have time to take out bandages mid battle."

Using 8 out of my 10 lay on hands pool to put Wardush up to full health.

Spore
2021-07-15, 10:33 PM
Orc Fighter
AC: 19 HP: 21/21

Wardush pushes the paladin's hand away. He shakes his head. That should be a decent reminder for my mistakes. Being injured by vermin at all is a bad look for an orcish craftsman. Besides, it looks worse than it really is. The orc tries to scrape off the dried blood with his gloved fingers. He cracks his neck.

Two things. First an orc cannot drop to zero before having at least a single turn on 1 due to relentless endurance. Second, I wanted to see how low I can drop before using Second Wind, which heals me by 1d10+2. But I'll roll them now to save Halstein a few more points of LoH.

[roll0]

Nyan
2021-07-18, 09:15 PM
Human Paladin

Wardush pushes the paladin's hand away. He shakes his head. That should be a decent reminder for my mistakes. Being injured by vermin at all is a bad look for an orcish craftsman. Besides, it looks worse than it really is. The orc tries to scrape off the dried blood with his gloved fingers. He cracks his neck.
When Halstein has his hand pushed away the light disperses just as quickly. He does not seem offended but simply raises an eyebrow. "You do as you wish." He scoffs allitle as he looks away. Setting his gaze forward rather than at the orc. He wonders for a second how his fellow stormcloaks would have reacted if they saw him trying to help an orc... He shakes his head. He should have figured he wouldn't take his aid anyway. No sweat of his brow tho, he could perhaps need the mana for himself later.