PDA

View Full Version : Saber Squadron (IC) {SW5E}

Lentrax
2021-06-19, 07:50 PM
A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away....

https://simg.nicepng.com/png/small/0-5437_star-wars-vector-logo-free-star-wars-vector.png

SABER SQUADRON

It is a time of Rebellion against evil.
The Rebellion has scored a victory
against the Galactic Empire,
and the DEATH STAR is no more.

But that victory has come at
a terrible cost. The Rebels have
been thrown from their hidden
base at Yavin and are once again
scattered throughout the stars.

Alliance High Command has begun
searching for a planet to establish
a new hidden base upon, but the
search is taking its toll on even
the most steel-hearted Rebels....

Your contact is late.

Very late. Days.

You are unsure of how much longer you can maintain your cover identities in this part of Kuat, directly under the massive orbital shipyards. You should have been done and on your way back to your intermediary.

But with no word on Colseth Velkan, either being killed, arrested, or any word at all, you are left with no idea of how to proceed.

This is the introductory post, so introduce your characters, describe them, make up whatever details you wish about your cover ID.

Lord Raziere
2021-06-19, 08:44 PM
Aisa'vija
She sings to herself, a space shanty out of boredom:
"What do you do with a late-come contact?
What do you do with a late-come contact?
What do you do with a late-come contact?
Early in the mornin'!

Tie him to a bantha and send it running!
Way hay and up she rises
early in the mornin'!

Put him in the airlock and make him panic!
Way hay and up she rises
early in the mornin'!

Booze him up full with a bottle of Raava!
Way hay and up she rises
early in the mornin'!

What do you do with a drunken spacer?
early in the mornin'!

Put him in bed with the captain's daughter!
Way hay and up she rises
early in the mornin'!

Thats what you do with a drunken spacer
Early in the mornin'!"

She has sung this every day when she gets bored, in some variation or other. She constantly paces, wanting action, to fight, to fly, or to do something other than just stand around waiting for him to come. Her cover is that she is just some random mercenary named Sum'luji, (which according to the holonet was a common Twi'lek name) looking for work on the next ship to coming through to guard it from pirates and was waiting for a lucrative enough offer. It was a common enough space shanty that practically everyone in the galaxy knew it and came up with their own lyrics all the time, older than anyone can remember. She was not meant for standing still. Aisa'vija was meant to be moving, meant to be in motion, meant for action! This standing around was driving her crazy!
"Okay screw this, we waited long enough, lets go find and rescue him or take his info off his cold dead hands, its the right thing to do and I'm bored. We need this info, or we're all spaced."
She says to the others abruptly. The Rebellion needed to keep moving, keep hidden, keep in motion, stay one step ahead of those dang imperials. Staying still was death.

Lightwielder
2021-06-19, 11:49 PM
Breogh smiled at her and his first instinct was to help Aisa not loose her patience, as a younger member of a clan that lived in forests he was used to follow orders
"Well, each minute he doesnt come is a minute closer to the moment he actually shows up, try to look at the positive, at least we are waiting in a nice planet, it could be worse, i mean i would prefer to be in the shipyards above, that might even give me the chance of trying some sabotage with some imperial cruiser being built" Although showing up like a positive guy, he was worried inside, he took the cover identity of a Scout offering his services in the landscape of Kuat, it was the closest thing he could find to his skills and experience, he could do some og that and fake the other one but the more they stayed there the more chances that someone would try to test him out

Bunny Commando
2021-06-20, 04:48 AM
Qerod (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NikaouLiVD4CnBUNDn5BQNrNbSYuhTpk/view)

"Or the Imps show up." Qerod snorts at Breogh's positive attitude, he shakes his head and retorts with grimmer words "For all we know the Imps could've found about Colseth and they have ways to make you talk; maybe he's singing our names right now." again the Zabrak snorts, again he shakes his head. As Aisa, he's on Kuat pretending to be a mercenary waiting to board the next ship under the name of Zur (a quite common flying insect on Iridonia) and he certainly looks the part - armed, armoured, a mean-looking Zabrak just waiting for the next fight.
He then sighs, stands up and checks his rifle while speaking to the others "But I'm with Aisa on this one, we should start moving. We should also be ready to scram and leave Colseth behind if things get too dire, not really in the mood to end up in a Imp prison."

gac3
2021-06-20, 05:24 AM
We Bam

Ki Mo (or at least that's the name she goes by currently), a purple Rodian, had her feet up on the table with her war hat tilted down over her red eyes. She didn't speak but occasionally let out a soft sound in a mockery of sleeping. As people start standing up and demanding to leave, Ki sits up with a start.

"You ruined my nap. Where are you going?Do you all have any idea where to find them? I did hear a rumor that Velkan had a taste for the spice. Maybe you should go shake down some of the local dealers?"

This was of course, total nonsense. Well she had heard the rumor, but didn't at all trust her source. So it was essentially total nonsense. People talk plenty if you give them the chance but only a fraction of is ever worth hearing.

Bobthewizard
2021-06-20, 05:43 AM
Dash Vinora ( https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=521133) (Danak Zalakai) | Engineer 3 | AC: 19 | HP: 33/33
Tech Points: 8 / 8 | Potent Aptitude 2 / 2 | Infiltrate 2 / 2

Dash didn't need much of a physical disguise. When he escaped the base, he brought his homemade armor and weapons instead of his stormtrooper issued gear. He looked like a mercenary, or a guard for a shipyard or merchant ship. He managed to bring his most important tools - armor and tinkers tools - but was unable to scavenge a mechanics kit, armstech tools or a demolition kit.

Sindra had fixed his wrist pad so his new ID showed up as Danak Zalakai, a common enough name in certain parts of the galaxy. He has been hiding as a guard from the shipyards taking a few days off to relax on the planet surface. The longer he stays here, though, the more challenging that excuse is to pull off. Fortunately, most people on Kuat don't ask too many questions.

"It doesn't look like Colseth Velkan made it. For now, it seems we are on our own. The Empire will close in on us soon, so I think we need to find a ship and keep moving."

I'm not sure if we have a ship, or if we need to steal one. Or if we need to sell ours and get another one.

Dusk Raven
2021-06-20, 03:22 PM
Sindra listened to Aisa's shanty with a look of confusion that was mostly hidden by the respirator she always seemed to wear - which, combined with some temporary black hair dye, was all the disguise she felt she needed. Most Echani looked very similar to each other, such that it could be difficult to tell them apart at a glance, even for other Echani. That was assuming, of course, that the Empire even realized she was still alive, but it was a good assumption to make anyways. She thought she'd been thorough in eliminating the evidence, and the base itself, but one could never be too careful.

Tilting her head slightly as the shanty finished, she quietly said, "Why would you...?" before shaking her head and straightening herself up again, leaving it forever a mystery which verse in particular she was referring to. When she finally spoke again, it was entirely about business. "I have to agree with moving on. If he hasn't shown up by now, I don't think he's going to. If he were, we'd have more information by now." She sighed. "Unfortunately, we need information of some sort in order to proceed, unless we want to just fly in a random direction. Maybe we should try and... discreetly look a little deeper into what might have happened to him. Maybe find some imperial information center to hack and look for arrest records."

As she spoke, she looked over at her wristpad, and started looking through the menus again. Her doctored identification was there, with her new look and the name "Vash Sevari." A couple button presses and swipes later, and the oxygen levels of her respirator were displayed. Stable, mostly because she had it on "filter" mode at the moment, rather than completely running off its own oxygen supply. A tap on a particular section of that screen, which looked like just another bit of filler space on but was in fact an unmarked "button," followed by a short passcode, and her respirator's Cardamine levels were displayed. Also good - she'd had enough to last the rest of the day, even if she had to ration her supply a little. She quickly did away with that screen, and looked to the backpack that rested on the floor next to her feet, which normally was filled with supplies, but which currently concealed the rest of the "suit" she'd constructed for herself, with Dash's help - namely, the chemical storage and distribution system. The tubes from her respirator fed into it, and if anyone asked, she said it held a medical device - which was mostly true, but only part of the truth. After checking one last menu to see its status, she turned back to the group. "And if we can't find him, then we leave, and figure out what to do ourselves. We're expected to have a certain level of self-sufficiency, after all."

Lord Raziere
2021-06-20, 04:29 PM
Aisa'vija
"Well, we don't have a ship so if we're going to fly off we'll have to steal it. and of course they didn't tell us why they couldn't spare one. But fight or flight, we need to move, and I agree, we can't go back empty handed. So I'm gonna go...discretely. Okay, go to the local cantina in the bad part of town, got it."
In Aisa's experience there is always such a cantina on every planet. Especially in space ports where ships are always coming, being built and going. Even someplace like Kuat had to have its smugglers and the local gangs willing to buy from them. Imperial presence couldn't prevent everyone from coming in. She will get up and go to the local cantina in the bad part of town to see if she can get any information there.
"I won't mind if anyone comes with, though if you can think of other places your free to check those as well."

Bobthewizard
2021-06-20, 04:39 PM
Dash Vinora ( https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=521133) (Danak Zalakai) | Engineer 3 | AC: 19 | HP: 33/33

Dash liked the idea of trying to find more information. While he wasn't always good at making friends or getting people to listen to him (even though he thinks he usually knows the right answer), he had spent the last few days pretending to be a guard for the shipyards taking a vacation. He has met a few people at the bars, and heard of a few other places, that might be able to help us find something.

"We'll go with you Aisa. Let's check the cantinas and repair shops while Sindra looks into the computer networks."

Investigation [roll0]

"We" was whoever wants to come along. Not trying to force any actions on others.

Dusk Raven
2021-06-20, 07:59 PM
Sindra nodded. "I'll let you know what I come up with, if anything." With that, she stood up, hoisted her backpack up and carefully secured it on her back, and left the establishment, in search of somewhere to discretely hack into the network... most likely some sort of law enforcement outpost, or maybe even an administrative building...

(I somehow got the idea that were were waiting in a cantina to begin with, though I guess that was left to interpretation).

Anyway, I too will make an Investigation roll, this time to find somewhere to work my magic... [roll0]

gac3
2021-06-20, 09:08 PM
Sindra nodded. "I'll let you know what I come up with, if anything." With that, she stood up, hoisted her backpack up and carefully secured it on her back, and left the establishment, in search of somewhere to discretely hack into the network... most likely some sort of law enforcement outpost, or maybe even an administrative building...

(I somehow got the idea that were were waiting in a cantina to begin with, though I guess that was left to interpretation).

Anyway, I too will make an Investigation roll, this time to find somewhere to work my magic... [roll0]

Ki Mo (We Bam) shrugged. If they were going out to cause trouble, We was going to be apart of it. "Sindra, would you like some company?"

I figure going along with Sindra could give me a chance to use my smuggler feature if bribes are needed.

Lightwielder
2021-06-21, 12:19 AM
"Well.. we are standing up to restore democracy, so i will submit to the group's will, after all, you have a very valid point. maybe after finding out what options we have left we might come back by this place one more time,i dont know, we'll see i guess..as for myself i think I might be more helpful if i take a look at Sindra while she tries to do her hacking thing, that way she can concentrate on it while I and Ki Mo try to take care of unwelcomed lurkers. If You are ok with it" After saying that, Breogh stood up from the crate he was sitting on and started to face the group to see if Sindra or the others agreed while having his hands in his trenchcoat, feeling a little anxious

Bunny Commando
2021-06-21, 01:57 AM

Qerod mumbles, a bit undecided where to go - a cantina or an imperial center? After a couple of moments the Zabrak nods to Dash and says with his usual gruff voice "Guess I'll tag along with you two. Knew some people around these parts, might find ourselves a passage off-world." then he shrugs and grins mischievously "At worst, I might join a Pazaak game and pad my credits. I'm running low, bet everyone here has no fortune hidden and with no credits we'll not go very far."

Dusk Raven
2021-06-21, 02:04 PM
Sindra nodded. "I have no objections. It's probably best to not be alone, anyways." She nodded. At least she was slowly getting used to being around people... a valuable trait outside a laboratory. Once, she would have declined to have anyone follow along, just because she found people too distracting. They might still be a distraction in the future... but the benefits outweighed the costs.

Lentrax
2021-06-21, 02:04 PM
Cantina

You find yourselves at a cantina called Xer's. It is everything you would expect from a dive. The chairs and tables are made of a cast durasteel with a hollow hexagonal pattern so they can be sprayed down with water and sanitizer. From the smell, you guess they do this on a biweekly basis. There is a hint of what used to be a myomer pad atop the seats for at least a minimum of comfort, but they have long since been stripped away from use.

Behind the bar is a stocky human, not fat, but he does seem to be working on it, and the staff that you can see go about their jobs, handing out drinks and what passes for food in this establishment. They all seem to just be doing their jobs, not going out of their way to be careful, or even considerate.

You have been sitting for about ten minutes before one of the servers, a Zabrak woman with a couple of broken horns, comes over. "What d'ya want?"

Security Uplink Station

The local security net is divided into several nodes, mostly for passing information along across the local network without interruption. But that decentralization of information means that you might be able to skim some info from an unsecured node.

You think.

There is a guard keeping an eye on the node and keeping people from poking at the transmitter.

Just one though.

Bobthewizard
2021-06-21, 03:04 PM

Dash had spent a few hours here last week, but had just sat at the bar drinking local beer. The beer was pretty bad so he wanted to branch out. He considered what to order given his cover story and settled on a Corellian spiced ale. While not a local beer, it was likely common enough here given the shipyards above the planet and he knew it was something he could drink.

"We'll take a round of Corellian spiced ales. What is good to eat here?"

He leaves any discussion of the contact or other leads to Aisa. As he waits for the drinks, he looks around to see if there might be anyone else of interest.

gac3
2021-06-21, 03:53 PM
We Bam leans over towards Sindra. "Can you do what you need or will this guard be a problem?* From under her war hat, she watches the guard.

Some close brushes with the law have taught you that not every city guard can be bribed, and some people are simply too keen to miss minute discrepancies. This feature allows you to study a person and gain insight into whether or not they would accept a bribe, or to pick up on whether they are exceptionally more perceptive than you. It does not reveal how expensive a bribe may be for a given situation, however.

Lord Raziere
2021-06-21, 04:24 PM
Aisa's hope was that there were criminals here. Criminals who had connections to people who kept up to date with the movement of the authorities so that they can let others know what was going on. Either that or a smuggler or other pilot who had a ship like maybe a YT series, that was always popular. Even if they did get the information they were going to need a getaway ship probably, after all. When the drinks come around she will take hers and sit over at the bar, taking a sip, savoring the spicy taste and setting it down in front of the rotund human.
"This is a nice brew you got here. I like it. Anyways you know anyone who comes here and deals in information, y'know operates black? If you haven't thats okay, cause I also want to ask whether you've seen any spacers come in recently, y'know the type: pilots their own ship privately, from offworld, probably transporting "Completely Legal" Goods?"
She says trying to be a little circumspect. "operates black" meant "is apart of the black market" and her description would probably lead to a smuggler of some kind which she doesn't see anyone missing and since the Imps would be after them anyways, why not a criminals ship?

Bunny Commando
2021-06-21, 04:33 PM

The Xer's has a certain familiar quality for Qerod: the smell, the cheap food and drinks, the uncouth waiters - everything in this place reminds him of the years spent in similar establishments across the galaxy, hoping one day to join the major leagues; rebel or criminal it seems the Zabrak is still stuck in the gutter, though. He sits at the table with Dash and Aisa and looks around, trying to find someone who could help him send a message off-planet: Qerod might not be a hired gun anymore, but he still knows people and maybe these people could help him leave Kuat.

When the waitress approaches the group he asks the woman with a sly grin "Didn't expect to find someone like me here. Care to help a fellow Zabrak?" a brief pause, he leans slightly forward "What do you have here that won't make us regret waking up today?" another pause, the Zabrak looks around like he's trying to find something "And is there a Pazaak table I could join here?"

I would like to use the background feature Criminal Contact to send a message to Qerod's "friend" to ask for help in leaving Kuat; I know it will take time to reach the contact, but I guess I'm laying the foundation for when we're ready to head off-world.

Lightwielder
2021-06-21, 05:45 PM
We Bam leans over towards Sindra. "Can you do what you need or will this guard be a problem?* From under her war hat, she watches the guard.

Some close brushes with the law have taught you that not every city guard can be bribed, and some people are simply too keen to miss minute discrepancies. This feature allows you to study a person and gain insight into whether or not they would accept a bribe, or to pick up on whether they are exceptionally more perceptive than you. It does not reveal how expensive a bribe may be for a given situation, however.

Breogh looks at the response from Sindra to the Rodian, if bribing doesnt work, he is already thinking of either trying a distracting shot with his energy bow to get the guard busy with something else, using is electro baton to stun him or mixing both strategies

Dusk Raven
2021-06-22, 12:19 PM
"Well... quite simply, I am not a people person, so if someone is going to convince him that we have a perfectly legitimate reason to access the node, it won't be me." Sindra stared at the node for a moment, thinking. I would also prefer to avoid violence on this occasion, if possible. Violence in the streets is a good way to get caught. I think I have an idea, however..." she ducks behind some cover and starts bringing out her gear. "I have a serum which can render a person unconscious for a brief time. That might be enough to access the network, I'm not sure yet. But if everything goes well, then he wakes up a minute later, extremely confused as to why he's on the ground, but with no valuables missing and having lost almost no time, he'll hopefully let the incident go with a minimum of fuss. Hopefully."

Referring to my "Tranquilizer" power here.

Do I know how long it would take to get the information I need from the terminal?

Lentrax
2021-06-22, 11:02 PM

The Xer's has a certain familiar quality for Qerod: the smell, the cheap food and drinks, the uncouth waiters - everything in this place reminds him of the years spent in similar establishments across the galaxy, hoping one day to join the major leagues; rebel or criminal it seems the Zabrak is still stuck in the gutter, though. He sits at the table with Dash and Aisa and looks around, trying to find someone who could help him send a message off-planet: Qerod might not be a hired gun anymore, but he still knows people and maybe these people could help him leave Kuat.

When the waitress approaches the group he asks the woman with a sly grin "Didn't expect to find someone like me here. Care to help a fellow Zabrak?" a brief pause, he leans slightly forward "What do you have here that won't make us regret waking up today?" another pause, the Zabrak looks around like he's trying to find something "And is there a Pazaak table I could join here?"

I would like to use the background feature Criminal Contact to send a message to Qerod's "friend" to ask for help in leaving Kuat; I know it will take time to reach the contact, but I guess I'm laying the foundation for when we're ready to head off-world.

"You want pazaak, go someplace else. We ain't got tables fer it here. You want a smuggler, go someplace else, we don't host deals. You want no regrets? Go someplace else."

Aisa's hope was that there were criminals here. Criminals who had connections to people who kept up to date with the movement of the authorities so that they can let others know what was going on. Either that or a smuggler or other pilot who had a ship like maybe a YT series, that was always popular. Even if they did get the information they were going to need a getaway ship probably, after all. When the drinks come around she will take hers and sit over at the bar, taking a sip, savoring the spicy taste and setting it down in front of the rotund human.
"This is a nice brew you got here. I like it. Anyways you know anyone who comes here and deals in information, y'know operates black? If you haven't thats okay, cause I also want to ask whether you've seen any spacers come in recently, y'know the type: pilots their own ship privately, from offworld, probably transporting "Completely Legal" Goods?"
She says trying to be a little circumspect. "operates black" meant "is apart of the black market" and her description would probably lead to a smuggler of some kind which she doesn't see anyone missing and since the Imps would be after them anyways, why not a criminals ship?

You get roughly the same response that Qerod does. In fact, now that you think about it, the place really does look like it is on the verge of breaking down.

Uplink

You get the feeling that the guard might be able to be bribed, but something tells you it won't be in simple credits.

You aren't sure exactly how long it will take, but more than likely longer than the minute you would get from the tranquilizer.

Lord Raziere
2021-06-23, 01:43 AM
Aisa'vija
"Okay."
This was a horrible cantina. What kind of cantina didn't have criminals gathering to be sources of information? This unheard of, unprecedented even in her experience. This man was clearly the most horrible cantina-owner in existence and deserved everything that was coming for him. She finishes her drink, gets up and walks out to find a real cantina instead of wasting time here.

Bunny Commando
2021-06-24, 01:49 AM

"You want pazaak, go someplace else. We ain't got tables fer it here. You want a smuggler, go someplace else, we don't host deals. You want no regrets? Go someplace else."

Qerod chuckles heartily at the other Zabrak's answer, then stands up and collect his things "You are right, we should go somewhere else. Have fun staying here." and offers the waitress a roguish smile before turning to Dash "Best we find a place where people actually want to earn some credits. You come?" the Zabrak shrugs and slightly nods to the human "You choose next place, however."

Bobthewizard
2021-06-24, 06:49 AM

Dash gathered his things and got up. He understands not being able to help us, but it's strange they don't even want to serve us now.

"Yeah let's go."

He walks over to Aisa and says "Let's go. We aren't welcome here."

Once thy are all outside, he continues, "I heard of a place a few blocks from here that might be better for what we need. I don't know if they have Pazaak there though, Qerod... I mean, Zur. It didn't sound like a gaming location, just a seedy dive bar for freighter crews."

He leads them about 6 blocks away to a bar that he had heard about 2 nights ago while he was drinking nearer the ports.

Lightwielder
2021-06-24, 05:53 PM
Breogh whispers to the girls: “Well its definitely an interesting option to use that tranquilizer, i wonder what to do in case he wakes up before you end.. i dont know ..tying him up? Then i wonder what might convince him to get a little distracted and let you do your thing, if credits do not , maybe a wandering merchant “wink wink” might get a favor for a good medpack, after all, somebody should take care of the 'altruistic guard’s safety and security' then i might get that equipment replaced by our missing alliance agent” Breogh shows one of the 2 medpack he carries in his bag

Dusk Raven
2021-06-25, 12:46 AM
After a few moments, Sindra frowned, putting her stuff back in the backpack. "On second thought... not enough time." She looked over to We Bam. "Well, do you think you might be able to persuade him to give us access?"

gac3
2021-06-25, 09:01 PM
We Bam nods and approaches the guard, trying position herself so that if the guard faces her, they will have to look in a different direction than the node. "Hello friend, I am in need of information and thought you might be able to help."

Lentrax
2021-06-25, 10:21 PM
Cantina

You are leaving the cantina when another person rushes past you and bumps into all of you as they leave faster than you are.

Uplink Station

"Yes, citizen? What do you need?"

gac3
2021-06-26, 12:18 AM
We Bam bows slightly, hoping Sindra would start her business while she stalled. "I have a friend who was supposed to meet up with some friends and me. They never arrived and we became worried. I was sent here to try to get information."

Bunny Commando
2021-06-26, 01:59 AM

"If people don't usually play there, it might be even better - lose a couple of hands, let them believe they actually know how to play good and then rob them blind. We'll see, we'll see." Qerod grins roguishly and is about to say something more when someone bumps him and his two companions, the Zabrak barks a quite unfriendly "Watch out, vac-head!" before patting himself down, checking his own pockets and pouches to make sure he wasn't pickpocketed and throwing that individual (who seems quite in a hurry) a suspicious look.

Bobthewizard
2021-06-26, 05:31 AM

As soon as the man starts to rush past us, Dash is suspicious. And he thinks that maybe this man has information that could help us. If this man is going to report us, we can't let him get away. And we need information more than anything right now.

Dash steps outside immediately behind the man, "Stop! Where are you going in such a hurry?"

As he exits the cantina, he turns on his shield projector and raises his other hand to prepare to cast a tech power if needed, following quickly behind him to keep up with the man.

Lightwielder
2021-06-26, 01:27 PM
We Bam bows slightly, hoping Sindra would start her business while she stalled. "I have a friend who was supposed to meet up with some friends and me. They never arrived and we became worried. I was sent here to try to get information."
Breog hides behind a wall in the corner while the Rodian is engaging the guard , Breog tries to hear the response the guard might give her while getting ready to come scene to play his part to help her get his collaboration

Lentrax
2021-06-27, 04:47 PM

"If people don't usually play there, it might be even better - lose a couple of hands, let them believe they actually know how to play good and then rob them blind. We'll see, we'll see." Qerod grins roguishly and is about to say something more when someone bumps him and his two companions, the Zabrak barks a quite unfriendly "Watch out, vac-head!" before patting himself down, checking his own pockets and pouches to make sure he wasn't pickpocketed and throwing that individual (who seems quite in a hurry) a suspicious look.

Patting yourself down, you are surprised to find that nothing is missing, and just as surprised that nothing has been given either. That kind of bump is for stealing credits or dropping incriminating evidence, and you can find no proof of either.

As soon as the man starts to rush past us, Dash is suspicious. And he thinks that maybe this man has information that could help us. If this man is going to report us, we can't let him get away. And we need information more than anything right now.

Dash steps outside immediately behind the man, "Stop! Where are you going in such a hurry?"

As he exits the cantina, he turns on his shield projector and raises his other hand to prepare to cast a tech power if needed, following quickly behind him to keep up with the man.

The other person does not stop and instead continues hurrying around a corner.

"For what? This ain't a public info terminal. Those are on every other block. I suggest you start there."

gac3
2021-06-27, 07:57 PM
We Bam nods at the guard's comments. "My friend, we know where to find public information. However our friends are concerned and would like a more private information. So we came here. I figured someone as friendly as you might be able to help us learn what has happened. We worry it might not be available in the public record. You will help your friends right? That's what friends do. You help them, they help you. It's all a great circle of helpfulness."

Bunny Commando
2021-06-28, 01:58 AM

The Zabrak frowns, something's amiss precisely because nothing's missing; when Qerod sees Dash dashing forward to pursue the suspicious bumper, he follows suit with a hand on the grip of his pistol and a quite different attitude - the stone-cold professionalism of a practiced hunter of sapients.

Qerod uses Ranger's Quarry on the hurrying person, if possible

Bobthewizard
2021-06-28, 08:43 AM
Tech Points: 8 / 8 | Potent Aptitude 2 / 2 | Infiltrate 1 / 2

As soon as the man turns the corner, Dash looks at Qered and Aisa. I'll follow him. Don't get too close but follow behind us. I'll lead the way."

Dash starts to follow the man and as he leaves, he disappears before he gets to the corner. Then over the commlink, the others hear him whisper. "Turn right around the corner."

He follows the man staying about 30-40' behind him, updating the others on the route as he goes and dashing as necessary to keep up.

Lentrax
2021-06-28, 09:32 PM
We Bam nods at the guard's comments. "My friend, we know where to find public information. However our friends are concerned and would like a more private information. So we came here. I figured someone as friendly as you might be able to help us learn what has happened. We worry it might not be available in the public record. You will help your friends right? That's what friends do. You help them, they help you. It's all a great circle of helpfulness."

"You ain't my friend. So why should I help you? You worried about your friend? That's good. But it is not me, and ain't me."

Tech Points: 8 / 8 | Potent Aptitude 2 / 2 | Infiltrate 1 / 2

As soon as the man turns the corner, Dash looks at Qered and Aisa. I'll follow him. Don't get too close but follow behind us. I'll lead the way."

Dash starts to follow the man and as he leaves, he disappears before he gets to the corner. Then over the commlink, the others hear him whisper. "Turn right around the corner."

He follows the man staying about 30-40' behind him, updating the others on the route as he goes and dashing as necessary to keep up.

You turn the corner and find yourself confronted with a massive crowd of beings of all colors and sizes, and you aren't entirely sure where your quarry went.

(Make a Perception check please.)

gac3
2021-06-28, 10:03 PM
We Bam shook her head. she had known that new age stuff about calling someone friend repeatedly to convince them to help you was bollix. She hoped Sindra was at least getting some time from the stalling.

"Well then wise guard. You know what interests me. What might interest you? As I said, friends help one another."

Lightwielder
2021-06-30, 05:47 PM
We Bam shook her head. she had known that new age stuff about calling someone friend repeatedly to convince them to help you was bollix. She hoped Sindra was at least getting some time from the stalling.

"Well then wise guard. You know what interests me. What might interest you? As I said, friends help one another."

Breog’s instintcs told him that she needed help with the guard so he decided to enter in a subtle way, walking slowly but with a smile in his face, like pretending to be a relaxed guy just passing by and exploring with his eyes all places to see if fortune would favor him today .. and also looking at We Bam to see if her eyes or body language would hint him to let her keep trying or to engage the guard

Lord Raziere
2021-07-19, 12:57 AM
Aisa'vija
Quickly following Dash, she looks around intently through the crowd to see who they had bumped into.
"What do you do with missing mugger, What do you do with missing mugger, What do you do with missing mugger early in the mornin'...."
She mutters while she does so.

Perception to find the bump guy:
[roll0]