PDA

View Full Version : Wotc official licensed product 3e

Gransoley
2021-06-21, 09:21 AM
So I started asking myself which d&d 3e material was published under wotc license, the one i know so far only listing the things licensed under wotc but not created by them are:
Dragon magazines
Dungeon magazines
Some polyhedron (the ones published inside the DuM)
Some Paizo adventures like the shackled city
Majority of Dragonlance
Ravenloft
Rokugan
Kalamar (finding what had an official logo, what didn't and in which printing is a task in itself but for now let's ignore this topic since it'll be perfect for another thread)
Now this is where things get tricky, some websites fan made for the official setting at the time were given the rights to produce official licensed product on their own within the guidelines wotc gave them.
Those include:
Dark sun
Birthright
Spelljammer
Planescape
This four made some licensed product and all of them are free PDFs downloadable in they're respective websites.
Finally as far as i know both Mystara and Ravenloft had the rights to publish material but they never did, at least as far as Ravenloft went. Mystara made a 3e conversion but decides to keep it unofficial.
Now my questions are as follow:
Is there something missing? (In advance warcraft and diablo are not listed since they were made by wotc as far as i know).
The updated planescape website is missing some PDFs (like denizens of the transitive planes) and i had trouble trying to contact them to ask so: is there anything else besides the main planescape corebook on the website that beared the official logo?
Are all of the dark sun 3e pdfs on their website (athas) official or only some of them are?

Particle_Man
2021-06-21, 10:04 AM
There was an online character builder for 3.0 put out by wotc.

Gransoley
2021-06-21, 10:17 AM
There was an online character builder for 3.0 put out by wotc.

If we're talking about the same thing it was pubblished inside they're old website, i considered all of it (web archive and co) made by wotc rather than simply pubblished by it.
Thanks anyway

Bullet06320
2021-06-22, 04:38 PM
(In advance warcraft and diablo are not listed since they were made by wotc as far as i know).

only the one warcraft book was done with the wotc stamp on it, the rest do not

and candlekeep is odd one for the fansites, all the material is considered 3rd party, but many authors of official material posted things there
and anything that ed greenwood posts is considered canon unless wotc officially corrects or retcons it

Gransoley
2021-06-22, 04:54 PM
only the one warcraft book was done with the wotc stamp on it, the rest do not

and candlekeep is odd one for the fansites, all the material is considered 3rd party, but many authors of official material posted things there
and anything that ed greenwood posts is considered canon unless wotc officially corrects or retcons it

Ok I'll go in order:
First of all it's not true that only the WC book has the stamp, it is the only one inside the warcraft series, diablo 2 diablerie and to hell and back both have official stamps (note that there are multiple product with the same name so it may be confusing at times).

Second on candlekeeps, it's true that there's a lot of unofficial material pubblished by wotc authors and whatnot, but there are also plenty of official web pages stored there (E.G. staff on Sardior and whatnot). It just so happen to not be a proper archive but more of a ctrl C ctrl V and i wanted the original web page.

Bullet06320
2021-06-22, 05:11 PM
oh sorry, all the diablo stuff is wotc, i was only speaking about the warcraft book

Gransoley
2021-06-22, 05:12 PM
oh sorry, all the diablo stuff is wotc, i was only speaking about the warcraft book

Yeah, i know only 1 book has ever beared the mark, i thought i didn't need to specify since it was besides the topic, dw.

Feldar
2021-06-23, 04:19 PM
Birthright

Ye gods I miss Birthright.