PDA

View Full Version : On attack and on crit spell effects

Noxangelo
2021-06-26, 11:46 PM
There are a number of weapons enhancements that create a spell effect on a hit (cursespewing) or a crit (prismatic burst).

I was wondering what you guys think of allowing other spell effects and what the pricing should look like.

note this is not for optimisation, this mainly for fun, for making things like:

an elvencraft bow with a constant arrow mind effect and, on a crit, hits the target with a 3 charge ring of the ram effect, complete with bull rush attempt. (instead of a ram, it looks like three dragons, one of them green)

a large balanced warhammer that creates a hurtling stone on a crit (target of attack must be in line of effect, pairs well with the griffon shield)

a pair of hand crossbows that cast rain of needles on the target and who's crossbow blade strikes with a single attack from a bigbys clenched fist on crit.
part of an item set with a pair of riding boots mounting a second pair of identical crossbows, wielding all four together creates a constant arms of the girillion effect but only for the purpose of attacking with the boot mounted crossbows.

Crake
2021-06-26, 11:58 PM
These all sound like wonderfully flavourful and interesting items, and I may just steal some of them for my games, but unless you're the DM, the only suitable answer is "bring it up with your DM and work on a reasonable price for the custom magical items".

DragonIceAdept
2021-06-27, 02:25 AM
The flesh ripperBOVD spell on a crit bleeds for 1hp per round until magically healed.

Noxangelo
2021-06-27, 03:12 AM
These all sound like wonderfully flavourful and interesting items, and I may just steal some of them for my games, but unless you're the DM, the only suitable answer is "bring it up with your DM and work on a reasonable price for the custom magical items".

lol, they are all from games.

in order.

hanzo from overwatch (the dragons short movie)

reinhart

and bayonetta

was gonna try and do all the weapons for DMC 3,4&5 and Bayo 1&2

Crake
2021-06-27, 03:14 AM
lol, they are all from games.

in order.

hanzo from overwatch (the dragons short movie)

reinhart

and bayonetta

was gonna try and do all the weapons for DMC 3,4&5 and Bayo 1&2

Haha, well, that explains why they all sounded so interesting and fun! Those games are all successful for a reason!