Drone
Medium Undead
HD: 3d12(19)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Init: +2
AC: 13; touch 12; flat-footed 11
(+1 Armor, +2 Dex)
BAB: +1; Grp: +3
Attack: Longsword +3 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2), Shortbow +3 (Damage 1d6+2, 20/x2)
Full-Attack: Longsword +3 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2), Shortbow +3 (Damage 1d6+2, 20/x2)
Space: 5 ft Reach: 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Stare
Special Qualities: Evil Aura, Human Movement
Saves: Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +2
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 14, Con -, Int 2, Wis 4, Cha 2
Skills: Spot -2, Listen -2
Feats: Martial Weapon Proficiency, Light Armor Proficiency
Environment: Any
Organization: Lone(1), Pair (2),
Challenge Rating: 1
Alignment: TN
Advancement: Every size above medium add 3 HD

Stare: If threatened without its master near, a Drone will use it’s Stare ability to paralyze its attacker and run. Creatures that are stared must succeed a 16 Will save or be paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds.

Evil Aura: As a undead, a Drone has a aura of evil that Clerics and Paladins can detect with their detect evil ability.

Human Movement: A drone may take actions as a normal creature can.

Combat: A drone will attack what its owner tells it too. However if it’s uncontrolled, it will simply use its Stare ability if it’s attacked and run.

Drones are near-mindless humanoid creatures that necromancers and wizards use as workers or slaves. Most drones have no ears, nose lips or eyelids, just their eyes and teeth. Wizards take these parts off to make them look less human, so they can use them in public. Not only to Spellcasters use Drones as workers, but as a source of income.
Because of their bare features, Drones are usually accepted by most creatures in cities as workers and guardians of children. In times of war, they are used as front line infantry, or shock troops because they can be re-summoned from the dead soldiers or of the drones that die in battle.
A drone can be given up to three orders in which it will follow until its master tells it a new one or it dies. These orders can be only up to 18 words, no more, or the drone will die.

Nebo_
2007-11-13, 08:24 PM
o_O

There is no way that is CR1.

Stare: If threatened without its master near, a Drone will use it’s Stare ability to paralyze its attacker and run. Creatures that are stared must succeed a 26 Will save or be paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds.

I calculate the save DC as 6, so unless they have a +20 racial bonus you're not telling us about, there is something very, very wrong. What hope does a first level character have of actually making that save?

Human Movement: A drone may take actions as a normal creature can.

Uh... so can everything else. I really don't see why you need to specify.

Xefas
2007-11-13, 08:45 PM
o_O
Uh... so can everything else. I really don't see why you need to specify.

Maybe he's referring to undead not being able to take run actions by virtue of them lacking a constitution score?

As for the CR thing...I agree. No way that a DC 26 Paralysis affect is CR 1. Even if the Drones are compelled to run after paralyzing someone, they could just be paired with a skeleton that then Coup de Graces everyone afterward.

Nebo_
2007-11-13, 09:16 PM
Maybe he's referring to undead not being able to take run actions by virtue of them lacking a constitution score?

Where are you getting that from? Undead are better at running because they don't have a constitution score - they can't take the non-lethal damage from running long distances and even if they did, they're immune to any effect that requires a fortitude save.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-11-13, 09:22 PM
Undead can't move and attack in the same round, or is that just zombies? Yeah, I changed the Stare DC, but the reason for it being high is because it cannot be commanded to do it, only if its attacked without a commander.

Nebo_
2007-11-13, 09:42 PM
Undead can't move and attack in the same round, or is that just zombies?

That's just zombies.

Stare: If threatened without its master near, a Drone will use it’s Stare ability to paralyze its attacker and run. Creatures that are stared must succeed a 16 Will save or be paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds.

That sounds a lot like fluff, not actual mechanic. There isn't anything there that says it can't use that ability when it has a master. The save DC doesn't seem to be based on anything - did you just assign an abitrary number? Paralysis is a very powerful effect. It would make more sense for it to scare the attacker away, like a cause fear effect.

Xefas
2007-11-13, 09:51 PM
Where are you getting that from? Undead are better at running because they don't have a constitution score - they can't take the non-lethal damage from running long distances and even if they did, they're immune to any effect that requires a fortitude save.

I'm getting it from...the PHB, I think. It's in the SRD, anyway. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#run)

Here, I'll quote the important bit:

You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score...

I believe this is also why Constructs cannot take run actions.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-11-15, 06:06 PM
This is my first monster, so i don't know the mechanics for all of that. I made this for me, but I just put it up for others in case they wanted it.