PDA

View Full Version : Q&A BM Maneuver: Quick Toss

Gignere
2021-06-27, 12:52 PM
Normally you can only use one maneuver per attack but quick toss creates the attack. Can you use other maneuvers on this attack created by a maneuver?

Like if you roll a 13 and wanted to use precision can you? Or combining QT with trip?

Man_Over_Game
2021-06-27, 01:05 PM
Normally you can only use one maneuver per attack but quick toss creates the attack. Can you use other maneuvers on this attack created by a maneuver?

Like if you roll a 13 and wanted to use precision can you? Or combining QT with trip?

No RAW to indicate either way. A DM is just as likely to say it's its own attack OR that the attack is already using a maneuver.

I will say, however, that the DM should stick with their choice. However it works with Quick Toss, Riposte and Brace also should function similarly.

ZRN
2021-06-28, 10:25 AM
No RAW to indicate either way. A DM is just as likely to say it's its own attack OR that the attack is already using a maneuver.

I will say, however, that the DM should stick with their choice. However it works with Quick Toss, Riposte and Brace also should function similarly.

I don't really see much of a case for arguing that any of these you mentioned are NOT already using your maneuver. You're adding the expertise die to your damage roll; why would it be okay to do a Quick Toss Trip Attack to add +2dX to your damage but not, say, a Pushing Trip Attack?

Gignere
2021-06-28, 10:47 AM
I don't really see much of a case for arguing that any of these you mentioned are NOT already using your maneuver. You're adding the expertise die to your damage roll; why would it be okay to do a Quick Toss Trip Attack to add +2dX to your damage but not, say, a Pushing Trip Attack?

This is a good point, probably leaning towards that interpretation myself.