PDA

View Full Version : Boots of Elvenkind, Belts of Dwarvenkind, X of Ykind?

sayaijin
2021-06-27, 06:56 PM
If other races had magic items associated with their ancestry, what would they be, and what bonuses would they bestow?

Horn-ring of Tielflingkind?
Pants of Halflingkind?
Spectacles of Gnomekind?

Nifft
2021-06-27, 08:23 PM
Pies of Orcishness

Nose Rings of the Minotaur

Shadow Cloak of Dark Elven Unkind

quindraco
2021-06-27, 09:10 PM
Tieflings are unlikely to have an item of that sort, since "Tieflingkind" isn't really... well-defined. You can make a Tiefling out of any parent humanoid pairing with a Cambion. Aasimar would have a similar issue, as would Genasi. For those, you'd just have magic items of Fiendish, Celestial, and Elemental-kind, respectively, if at all.

Gnomes, though. I guarantee you there's a hat of gnomishkind somewhere out there. I imagine one of the things it does is casts Disguise Self on any kobold who puts it on, making them look like an uglier kobold.

Cheesegear
2021-06-28, 12:26 AM
If other races had magic items associated with their ancestry

John Everyman's Plain White T-Shirt. Allows you to polymorph into a Commoner.

Goliath Gauntlets. +2 Strength, Resistance (Cold)
Hobgoblin Helmet.
Trident of Tritons. Gain the Triton spells. Water Breathing.

Lone Left Sock of Halflingkind
Lone Right Sock of Koboldkin

Gnome Hat

Circlet of Tiefling Kind - it basically looks like Marvel!Loki's circlet, with the horns. +2 CHA, Resistance (Fire), Tiefling spells.

LudicSavant
2021-06-28, 12:36 AM
Pies of Orcishness

Man, everyone is always fighting over these...

sandmote
2021-06-28, 02:24 AM
I wrote up a False Feet of Halfling Kind once which worked like the belt for dwarves, only sillier. An aarakocra item (bracers?) that give you claws bonuses for dealing with air elementals and could work on the same principle.

A kobold item would probably help against traps. Unless its cursed to make you physically weaker and flinchy?

Imbalance
2021-06-28, 08:00 AM
Mask of Mankind
Wondrous item, legendary (requires attunement)
This sweat-stained leather mask covers the jowel, cheeks, nose, and left half of the face with an opening for the left eye, and has straps that automatically adjust for wearer attuned to it. The mask provides the wearer resistance to piercing damage dealt by caltrops. While you are wearing the mask and attuned to it, if you are reduced to 0 hit points from taking fall damage but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

KorvinStarmast
2021-06-28, 08:03 AM
Purses (pouches/bags) of Dragonborn kind, with a belt and boots to match. :smallbiggrin:
The fashionable adventurer accessorizes thematically. :smallcool:

Nifft
2021-06-28, 08:21 AM
You can make a Tiefling out of any parent humanoid pairing with a Cambion.
Such pairings are common thanks to the Camisoles of Cambionkind.

Aasimar would have a similar issue
"Issue" is a synonym for children, of course.

They are fecund thanks to the Assless Chaps of Aasimarkind.

Corsair14
2021-06-28, 08:53 AM
Axe of Savagery- Orcs
Everful Pot of Stew- Halflings(known in modern times as a college students dorm room crock pot)
Dark Elves already have their Pwafi cloaks plus al there arms and armor that disintegrate in sunlight
Elves have a lot of crap already attributed

DwarfFighter
2021-06-28, 08:56 AM
Dentures of Vampirism.

Catullus64
2021-06-28, 09:00 AM
Actually used this for a a game once:

Brooch of Halflingkind
Wondrous Item, Rare, Requires Attunement

When you wear this cloak pin, you can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours. Additionally, you have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.

If you are not a Halfling, you have a 50 percent chance each day while wearing this brooch to sprout thick, bristly hair on your feet. You also have a 10 percent chance each day to shrink by 1d4 inches, until you stand at 4 feet tall.

Xervous
2021-06-28, 10:13 AM
You also have a 10 percent chance each day to shrink by 1d4 inches, until you stand at 4 feet tall.

Programmer OCD. This stop condition looks like == 4ft. A cursed item by my reckoning.

Nifft
2021-06-28, 10:26 AM
Programmer OCD. This stop condition looks like == 4ft. A cursed item by my reckoning.

That condition would have a 3/4 chance of not stopping.

MrStabby
2021-06-28, 10:32 AM
Kazoo of gnomekind
Lantern of the bullywug
Sickle of the Firbolg

Xervous
2021-06-28, 11:16 AM
That condition would have a 3/4 chance of not stopping.

If you give it to someone above 4ft. Otherwise, deleted from existence!

Catullus64
2021-06-28, 11:22 AM

In fairness to me, I checked back on the original wording I used when I gave it to a player. It was much more clunky and sounded silly (as most things do when you spell them out to precision) but it didn't threaten to shrink you into nothingness.

MrStabby
2021-06-28, 01:31 PM
In fairness to me, I checked back on the original wording I used when I gave it to a player. It was much more clunky and sounded silly (as most things do when you spell them out to precision) but it didn't threaten to shrink you into nothingness.

Nor does it specify a positive height... though I am not sure what a PC with negative height would look like... upside down?

Angelalex242
2021-06-28, 02:41 PM
No, no.

"Vest of humanity."

"Every day, you roll on a random table. Gain a random feat you don't already possess, two random skills you do not already possess, and +1 to 3 random attributes that are less than 20."

Usefulness of this item literally depends on what you roll that day...you could roll weapon master or lucky, and it's all up to chance.