PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Azoth Games] Akashic Tales: Atlantis Playtest- Closed

Awun
2021-06-28, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone,
So I'm opening up the playtest for the next entry in the Akashic Tales line to a wider group. Despite the awesome small playtest group of the first two, I think more eyes would be handy this time around. It’s a little longer than the previous entries and incorporates material from a broader range of sources.

Like the previous two entries, this one takes its inspiration from a facet of real world lore. In this case the inspiration is Plato's Atlantis Dialogues.

Within this playtest some of what you will find is:

The Relics of Atlantis veil set, which features veils for most of the current “special” veil types.
The Demagogue, a voice veil using archetype for Interjection Games’s Truenamer.
The Orichalcum Smith, a constellation wielding archetype for LPJ Design’s Machinesmith.
A series of feats to augment the abilities of the Fisherking class’s Warden archetype.
Spheres of Power support for the machinesmith.

Feel free to comment here or on the doc. As always, feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Akashic Tales: Atlantis Playtest (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZDf05iWnwUUax6orNpsswNYLd8IdE8j4hMPHk56yVO0/edit?usp=sharing)

StSword
2021-06-28, 06:29 PM
While I can certainly see why you wouldn't see it as worthwhile to convert the greatworks into something more sphere friendly, I would suggest at least add a sentence recommending that the DM let appropriate combat feats from the Spheres of Power system be available for morbius weapons.

It wouldn't really make sense if feats like Champion's strike, Improved Spell Combat weren't available.

A sphere machinesmith building a weapon that allows them to integrate spheres with combat or magically enhance the damage they do in melee is perfectly in theme.

Awun
2021-06-28, 08:23 PM
Good point on the Spheres of Power combat feats, thanks. I'll have to go through and review them, but I'm thinking that adding some of them to the mobius weapon's feat lists might be a good way to go. That would open up some options, but not force the GM to adjudicate which ones are appropriate.

Going off of your examples, Improved Spell Combat would likely be a good fit for this approach, but probably not Champion's Strike. Since Champion's Strike builds off the functions of its prerequisite feats, and the feats currently on the mobius weapon's lists are all pretty standalone. Though the machinesmith does have a trick, "Combat Trick", that allows them to gain a bonus combat feat. So they would still have an alternate route to combat feats like Champion's Strike.

StSword
2021-06-28, 10:13 PM
Okay, that's a fair point about feat prerequisites.

Imbued Strike, then. :)

Awun
2021-06-28, 10:23 PM
Okay, that's a fair point about feat prerequisites.

Imbued Strike, then. :)

Yep, I'm planning on adding that one to the base mobius weapon's feat list.

Awun
2021-06-29, 09:40 AM
The text box "Gadgets and Greatworks" now has an entry that adds 5 of the combat feats from SoP to the list available to the mobius weapon at various levels.

Awun
2021-07-05, 10:42 PM
Just a quick head's up. I plan of closing this playtest at the end of the week.

To everyone that has already taken a peek or commented, "Thank You".

Kris Moonhand
2021-07-06, 09:31 PM
This looks really cool! I like the veils, especially Twinned Blood and The Swallowing Sea. Thank you for referencing Seastorms, by the way. It's nice to know other people enjoyed them.

Awun
2021-07-07, 09:49 PM
Thanks. I though that your seastorms were a great addition to the current list of storm veils, and are definitely on my list of things I would like to play with/inflict on my players.