PDA

View Full Version : The catgirl population

LongVin
2007-11-13, 05:12 PM
As we all know, everytime we discuss real world physics in a game a catgirl is killed. As such, several dozen if not more catgirls are killed a day because of this gross negilgence.

A such, we must discern the state of the catgirl population. How is it possible for "catpeople" to have a well ordered and running society with the amount of spontanous deaths that are occuring. Where is the next generation of catpeople coming from with all these poor catgirls dieng. Are we looking at a society with an 80% male to 20% female ratio? Or do catgirls spontanously appear after one is killed? Or is catgirl just a euphanism for all catpeople's and equal numbers of catmen and catgirls are killed by the mere act of us thinking? Are we condemning an entire species to eternal suffering, and random perhaps even violent deaths?

Discuss and add your own thoughs about the nature of catgirls, their society and the role real world physics plays in their tragic lives.

Did I just completely eradicate the remaining population by bringing up this line of thought?

Setra
2007-11-13, 05:13 PM
I have a large number of catgirls under my protection.

I'm part of the Catgirl Preservation act.

We set up enchantments to keep catgirls from dying from the discussions.

Tengu
2007-11-13, 05:15 PM
Each time someone writes a horrible fanfic, there's a fair chance there will be at least one catgirl born into existence in it. And fanfics are being made constantly.

turkishproverb
2007-11-13, 05:15 PM

No. I killed all your catgirls.

THey all died. See the Sauron VS. Voldermort Discussion for more information.

Incidentally, everytime someone starts a catgirl population thread, 10X(49power) catgirls ceace to exist, and prevent that many more from ever existing.

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the catgirls went extinct back when someone found that antimatter can be used to get passed the Damn Crab's DR.

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the catgirls went extinct back when someone found that antimatter can be used to get passed the Damn Crab's DR.

It was before the Damn Crab. The target was a templated tarrasque with an SR in the hundreds. The link is in Swordguy's sig I think, he's the one who did it.

Arakune
2007-11-13, 05:25 PM

Incidentally, everytime someone starts a catgirl population thread, 10X(49power) catgirls ceace to exist, and prevent that many more from ever existing.

No, the anti-mater killed then all :smallamused:

Edit: Ninja'd :smallfrown:

AslanCross
2007-11-13, 05:37 PM
Catgirls spontaneously come into existence whenever otakus dream.

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 05:49 PM
Catgirls spontaneously come into existence whenever otakus dream.

Oh! So THEY"RE the ones we need to get rid of! I should have guessed...

AstralFire
2007-11-13, 06:15 PM
As we all know, everytime we discuss real world physics in a game a catgirl is killed.

Is that so...?

Link should be taking considerably more damage from most falls in Legend of Zelda.

The fall speed in D&D 3E is incredibly off of reality.

Mecha could never conceivably exist due to the cube-square rule.

There's no way Mario should be able to jump that high.

Transmutation of equal amounts of one light element into one heavier element with no other materials present makes no sense.

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 06:23 PM
Is that so...?

Link should be taking considerably more damage from most falls in Legend of Zelda.

The fall speed in D&D 3E is incredibly off of reality.

Mecha could never conceivably exist due to the cube-square rule.

There's no way Mario should be able to jump that high.

Transmutation of equal amounts of one light element into one heavier element with no other materials present makes no sense.

It doesn't work right now because you aren't making a serious attempt to apply real world physics to somebody's idea that fits well within the nature of the fantasy universe.

So just go kill them instead. Wait... It's dangerous to go alone, take this. *hands over an Enemy Territory flamethrower.*

RandomNPC
2007-11-13, 06:30 PM
i figure in learning about D&D rules for actions in a turn each player kills about ten on average.

at first level i can swing a sword once AND move 30 feet but i don't have time to swing a sword twice and not go anywhere?

i can move and attack but not doubble move and attack, unless i give them a chance to hit me? (AoO on a charge)\

halflings move speed in medium armor is 30 but a human with longer legs can only go 20? (Typo in my players handbook i think it's 3.0 first print)

greenknight
2007-11-13, 06:40 PM
A such, we must discern the state of the catgirl population. How is it possible for "catpeople" to have a well ordered and running society with the amount of spontanous deaths that are occuring. Where is the next generation of catpeople coming from with all these poor catgirls dieng. Are we looking at a society with an 80% male to 20% female ratio? Or do catgirls spontanously appear after one is killed? Or is catgirl just a euphanism for all catpeople's and equal numbers of catmen and catgirls are killed by the mere act of us thinking? Are we condemning an entire species to eternal suffering, and random perhaps even violent deaths?

The problem is that catgirls breed like... well, cats. They have a 95% female population, and another one spontaneously appears everytime someone makes a mustake (oops, I just created another one). And as everyone knows, catgirls are notoriously self-absorbed, so it's naturally impossible for them to form a well ordered and functioning society (except for a few who actually understand real world physics, but they spontaneously implode shortly afterwards). If we stop killing those catgirls, they'll completely overrun our society, eat all our food and take all the best parking spaces! Worse still, one might even run for government (whoops - there's another catgirl created - I just realized they already run the government).

Hawriel
2007-11-13, 06:51 PM
ok Im not a huge anime, FF geek so I gota ask what the frak is with all the catgirl comments? whare does it come from?

Setra
2007-11-13, 06:53 PM

Wrong, my catgirls are protected with enchantments, in fact the physics death effect is reflected to monkeys, I watched them explode... then I ate them for dinner.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-13, 06:57 PM
ok Im not a huge anime, FF geek so I gota ask what the frak is with all the catgirl comments? whare does it come from?
It started with the meme "every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens."

For some reason, people replaced "masturbate" with "apply real physics to speculative fiction discussion" and "kitten" with "catgirl", presumably because there's a large segment of nerd-dom that has a thing for girls with cat-ears and -tails. Why, I do not know. If it was "green-skinned space babes" instead of catgirls, I might care more.

Winterwind
2007-11-13, 06:59 PM
Like iceddragons and ryuan already stated before, Swordguy singlehandedly exterminated all catgirls a long time ago.

And any pathetic survivors who might, somehow, horribly scarred and mutilated, survived that holocaust, are bound to be killed by a discussion of how catgirls might have survived or how their society might realistically work.

Oh, wait...

Setra
2007-11-13, 07:09 PM
And any pathetic survivors who might, somehow, horribly scarred and mutilated, survived that holocaust, are bound to be killed by a discussion of how catgirls might have survived or how their society might realistically work.
They mostly live in protection camps these days.

Until we can finish the spell that removes that law from effect.

Reinboom
2007-11-13, 07:24 PM
What... what are you all talking about? :smallconfused:
Thousands of normal humans die each day. All physics discussion in fantasy settings is doing is it fills in for the natural life cycle of catgirls deaths. You see, you all die by heart attacks, brain cell deterioration, car accidents, war, etc. etc.. While we die by physics in fantasy settings.
Not much to worry about really, it takes 9 shots to kill each one. Whole 9 life thing. So a constant physics discussion that would seemingly wipe out the whole population? Oh no, just ticks all our life counters down by 1 - and then new catgirls are born shortly after.
There's also protection acts, of course.
Only those getting close to their "time" truly die in the end. Young deaths are rare.

Nonah_Me
2007-11-13, 08:02 PM
The problem is that catgirls breed like... well, cats. They have a 95% female population, and another one spontaneously appears everytime someone makes a mustake (oops, I just created another one). And as everyone knows, catgirls are notoriously self-absorbed, so it's naturally impossible for them to form a well ordered and functioning society (except for a few who actually understand real world physics, but they spontaneously implode shortly afterwards). If we stop killing those catgirls, they'll completely overrun our society, eat all our food and take all the best parking spaces! Worse still, one might even run for government (whoops - there's another catgirl created - I just realized they already run the government).

So five percent of catgirls are... male?

Catgirl: Hey, what's your name? I'm Rhonda.
Male Catgirl: *deep resonant voice* I'm Billy.
Catgirl: *disgust*

Moff Chumley
2007-11-13, 08:08 PM
When did modern catgirls come into existance? Because I thought that the midieval version died in the rennessaince...

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 08:46 PM
Luckily my fictional weakness is just being wrestled by naked supermen... doesn't really come up much.

oh and I loooooves me some Honey Buns.

Alex12
2007-11-13, 08:51 PM

yes, antimatter gets past DR quite effectively. Especially when you've got entire planes filled with an infinite amount of it.

Neutronium seems to have a similar effect, both on DR and on catgirl population.

*Pulls out autocannon*
Now this sucker here can kill millions of catgirls every minute, even when it's not being aimed at them. The secret is the neutronium-laced fletchettes, propelled by minute quantities of antimatter down the barrel, where they are further accelerated by powerful magnetic fields. It has to use extremely powerful gravitational and counter-inertial fields to compensate for the incredible recoil, especially when the fire rate is maxed at 50 rounds per second. Luckily we managed to create a small stabilized dimensional aperture to a universe where the laws of physics there allow nothing except that particular variety of ammo to exist, so it never runs out.

I wonder how many I just killed. Eh, doesn't matter, catgirls aren't people anyway.

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 08:53 PM
yes, antimatter gets past DR quite effectively. Especially when you've got entire planes filled with an infinite amount of it.

Neutronium seems to have a similar effect, both on DR and on catgirl population.

*Pulls out autocannon*
Now this sucker here can kill millions of catgirls every minute, even when it's not being aimed at them. The secret is the neutronium-laced fletchettes, propelled by minute quantities of antimatter down the barrel, where they are further accelerated by powerful magnetic fields. It has to use extremely powerful gravitational and counter-inertial fields to compensate for the incredible recoil, especially when the fire rate is maxed at 50 rounds per second. Luckily we managed to create a small stabilized dimensional aperture to a universe where the laws of physics there allow nothing except that particular variety of ammo to exist, so it never runs out.

I wonder how many I just killed. Eh, doesn't matter, catgirls aren't people anyway.

The only thing that can make a gattling railgun better is to have a Hello Kitty painted on the side...

but really why the railgun?

Reinboom
2007-11-13, 09:00 PM

*Pulls out autocannon*

Cute, really.
Murderer. :smalltongue:
Btw, and not too far off topic: Sweet ironic ism. I want a masters in physics.

Cocky
2007-11-13, 09:05 PM
The leader of the Catgirl anti-genocide front wants a word with all of you.

http://img129.imagevenue.com/loc163/th_55814_Wildcat_by_ALF874_123_163lo.jpg (http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc163&image=55814_Wildcat_by_ALF874_123_163lo.jpg)

Clicky pop.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-13, 09:15 PM

We Catgirls wuv you! <3

averagejoe
2007-11-13, 09:22 PM
Btw, and not too far off topic: Sweet ironic ism. I want a masters in physics.

I'm pretty sure discussion of physics in a real world setting is okay. Plus, irony is generally considered to be a Good Thing by the powers that be, so you're pretty safe, I think.

Chronos
2007-11-13, 09:29 PM
Each time someone writes a horrible fanfic, there's a fair chance there will be at least one catgirl born into existence in it. And fanfics are being made constantly.Whoa, wait, so we have to keep up with the fanfic writers just to avoid a Malthusian doom for the catgirls and all the other species on the planet? I'd better get busy!

Alex12, toss me one of those gats, would you? Do you have any strange nugget rounds? I find it much more efficient than straight neutronium, what with the self-catalyzing beta state change.

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 09:34 PM
*Drives up in some crazy armored car with a turret that shoots sound bites*

Quickly get in there's not much time. BEHIND YOU

*fires a speaker that lands by a Catgirl and shouts out "magic is not allowed under the law of conservation of energy"*

*Catgirl screams and is torn to pieces in an implosion*

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-13, 09:39 PM
Catgirls don't actually have 9 lives. They just have completed Death Delver, and Valkyrie, which is the reason you can't fight them until the mid 30's.

KoDT69
2007-11-13, 09:40 PM
Wrong, my catgirls are protected with enchantments, in fact the physics death effect is reflected to monkeys, I watched them explode... then I ate them for dinner.

Waste not want not. :smallyuk:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-13, 09:45 PM
Catgirls don't actually have 9 lives. They just have completed Death Delver, and Valkyrie, which is the reason you can't fight them until the mid 30's.

No, no... Cats have nine lives. Catgirls have 4.5 lives.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-13, 09:49 PM
Nope, wrong there. It's official that catgirls forsake 9 lives (Ex) for sickening cuteness (Sp), stunting improbability (Sp) and Catgirl Assault (Ex)...unless, of course, you take Greatcat Heritage as your 1st level feat.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-13, 09:52 PM
For every catgirl that dies, I get fodder for my cloning machines, to create more powerful and better - REALISTIC Cat Girls.

I use my combined knowledge of SCREAMPunk, StamPUNK, Star Trek RPG, and Palladium's After the Bomb to make it possible for cat girls to co-exist with real world physics!

:biggrin:

AstralFire
2007-11-13, 09:52 PM

http://img129.imagevenue.com/loc163/th_55814_Wildcat_by_ALF874_123_163lo.jpg (http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc163&image=55814_Wildcat_by_ALF874_123_163lo.jpg)

EGADS MY EYES KILL IT WITH PHYSICS

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 09:54 PM
Everyone needs to get in the car now! We have to stop Dalboz before... oh god.

*rapid fires "Half-elves should be sterile" "the run feat doesn't make sense""Armor would realistically be DR too"*

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-13, 09:55 PM
EGADS MY EYES KILL IT WITH PHYSICS

I just used my physics to make it better, more powerful and longer lasting.

WUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

BardicDuelist
2007-11-13, 09:57 PM
Out of curiosity, is Clerity possible. I mean, it says it pulls time from the future.... I think that defies physics, right?

Also, how is it remotely possible to make somthing that makes somone more skillful. How does a sword being magic make it easier to hit somone? One's skill and one's equipment differ. It cannot have a mind of its own, because it is intelligent, and to say that it is drawn to things that you are trying to hit is absurd.

Just trying to do my part, even though science isn't my thing. :smallbiggrin:

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-13, 09:58 PM
Didn't want to bring this, but...

I call forth the Devil Went Down to Georgia Pun-Pun/Mortiverse fiddle contest.

There, threat stopped. It ain't realistic, so it kills catgirls dead.

Hectonkhyres
2007-11-13, 10:04 PM
Physics discussion are the only things containing the omniverse's vast population of catgirls. In addition to being artificially spawned at an alarming rate from the cesspool that is Japan plus infected westerners, they are more than capable of reproducing themselves via assorted sexual means. And, when I say assorted, I mean oh sweet jesus my eyes. Check 4chan if you don't believe me.

Needless to say, we valiantly place ourselves before an onrushing tide of furry destruction with only this one tool at our side. If anything, we should redouble our efforts.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-13, 10:06 PM
I prefer a Terminator approach here. Override their directives with brainwash and make some catgirls fight for us.

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 10:08 PM
There's too many of them *fires off physics quotes* I can't hold them off forever! *click* OH !@#$.

We have only one option.

*opens a gate and Ikea Antimatter Damned Crab comes out*

Cocky
2007-11-13, 10:09 PM
The CGAGF fear not teh physics:

http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc798/th_42453_1167669541698_123_798lo.jpeg (http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc798&image=42453_1167669541698_123_798lo.jpeg)

(Dev-art is awesome)

2007-11-13, 10:14 PM
"Back in my day we didn't have singularity generators! We had to kill the Drudge Priests with our bare hands, and we LIKED IT!"

(generic cookie reward for reference understanding)

thorgrim29
2007-11-13, 10:20 PM
If a catgirl discusses physics in a fantasy world, does she die horribly?

Hectonkhyres
2007-11-13, 10:28 PM
I prefer a Terminator approach here. Override their directives with brainwash and make some catgirls fight for us.
Only work for the first generation. Unfortunatly, they breed so fast that they belong in the movie Gremlins. Just add water.

Cocky
2007-11-13, 10:29 PM
I think a human dies in the real world...

*looks flighty*

Jack Zander
2007-11-13, 10:35 PM
How come my sword needs to be enchanted to make people bleed or sever their heads?

Hawriel
2007-11-13, 10:44 PM
It started with the meme "every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens."

For some reason, people replaced "masturbate" with "apply real physics to speculative fiction discussion" and "kitten" with "catgirl", presumably because there's a large segment of nerd-dom that has a thing for girls with cat-ears and -tails. Why, I do not know.

I see, how very sad. thanks for the answer.

BizzaroStormy
2007-11-13, 11:16 PM

Your forgetting that when your catgirl mates, their DNA is so close to that of a normal human that there is no chance for a half-breed and the smell of nerd sweat is like an aphrodisiac to them.

BardicDuelist
2007-11-13, 11:25 PM
The CGAGF fear not teh physics:

http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc798/th_42453_1167669541698_123_798lo.jpeg (http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc798&image=42453_1167669541698_123_798lo.jpeg)

(Dev-art is awesome)

But...Its not physicaly possible for her to lift that with such low muscle mass. It would crush bones....

Unless it were styrofoam, or some light material, which then wouldn't be much of a threat since it couldn't really fire anything.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-13, 11:36 PM
Everyone needs to get in the car now!
Holy catgirlz, eetz a physics! Geet in teh car!!

AstralFire
2007-11-13, 11:36 PM
Also, I just don't get how people like their women as utter beefcakes. Men I can kinda see, though when I swing that way I still prefer less beefiness.

Anyway.

"AND WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH BRILLIANT ENERGY WEAPONS? What automatically makes non-living scales (natural armor) NOT bypassable and non-living armor (armor) bypassable? If it's because they were once organic, what about wood and hide armor?!"

Mordan
2007-11-13, 11:41 PM
Catgirls are Agents of the system and therefor whenever you think one has been killed, in reality only the host dies, and the actual Catgirl simply transfers to another body. Unless you're the One, you can't actually defeat a Catgirl, though my search for the "Real" One has nothing to do with Catgirls.

CabbageTheif
2007-11-13, 11:46 PM
HOLY CRAP, ITS A CAT-GIRL! GET IN THE BUS!

memes aside, and to leave otakus completley out of the equation, i offer this theory: if applying physics to fictional discusion kills them, then applying fictional acts to the real world creates them! LARPers and anyone who uses D&D slang in everyday convesation are breedinggrounds for catgirls!!!

Dervag
2007-11-13, 11:56 PM
My view is that catgirls are continuously created and destroyed and that this is one of the fundamental mysteries of the universe.

I think a human dies in the real world...

*looks flighty*Catgirls are about as likely to discuss physics as to resist a ball of yarn, so it's probably a moot point.

SadisticFishing
2007-11-14, 12:18 AM

That doesn't make sense, there's no physical way that can be possible!

Setra
2007-11-14, 12:21 AM
Catgirls are about as likely to discuss physics as to resist a ball of yarn, so it's probably a moot point.
Speciesist!

Chronos
2007-11-14, 12:36 AM
But...Its not physicaly possible for her to lift that with such low muscle mass. It would crush bones....And even if she were strong enough, where's her center of mass? Holding that thing like that, she should be toppling over sideways!

Cocky
2007-11-14, 12:41 AM
Also, I just don't get how people like their women as utter beefcakes. Men I can kinda see, though when I swing that way I still prefer less beefiness.

Anyway.

"AND WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH BRILLIANT ENERGY WEAPONS? What automatically makes non-living scales (natural armor) NOT bypassable and non-living armor (armor) bypassable? If it's because they were once organic, what about wood and hide armor?!"

What can I say, I like something of an air of danger, whichever way I may currently be swinging, of which a tough body lends itself beautifully. Besides, they aren't too beefy are they? Even I can't stand the vaguely ridiculous over muscled look, but a little definition is gravy. I don't get why people like the 'loli' look myself ;)

And even if she were strong enough, where's her center of mass? Holding that thing like that, she should be toppling over sideways!

You see by being blissfully unaware of weight distribution catgirls are able to carry whatever, however they choose. It's one of the perks...

Setra
2007-11-14, 12:48 AM
What can I say, I like something of an air of danger, whichever way I may currently be swinging, of which a tough body lends itself beautifully. Besides, they aren't too beefy are they? Even I can't stand the vaguely ridiculous over muscled look, but a little definition is gravy. I don't get why people like the 'loli' look myself ;)Huge difference between loli and beefy women.

I personally like em a bit chubby :smalltongue: er this is off topic.. then again not like the topic was serious.

You see by being blissfully unaware of weight distribution catgirls are able to carry whatever, however they choose. It's one of the perks...Yeah, especially giant hammers of death.

MCerberus
2007-11-14, 12:53 AM
We'll the point is mute now because she's dead. She is no more. She has ceased to be. She is an EX Catgirl.

Chronos
2007-11-14, 01:24 AM
She is an EX Catgirl.Unless she turned into a ghost, in which case she's now a SU catgirl.

MCerberus
2007-11-14, 01:25 AM
Unless she turned into a ghost, in which case she's now a SU catgirl.

ba-da-chink.

thank you folks tip your waitress.

Doresain
2007-11-14, 01:37 AM
would catgirls be considered mutants? if so, we should just call Ordo Hereticus to deal with them

Reinboom
2007-11-14, 01:59 AM
HOLY CRAP, ITS A CAT-GIRL! GET IN THE BUS!

memes aside, and to leave otakus completley out of the equation, i offer this theory: if applying physics to fictional discusion kills them, then applying fictional acts to the real world creates them! LARPers and anyone who uses D&D slang in everyday convesation are breedinggrounds for catgirls!!!

There's a decent amount of logic here.. you must have at least a 14 intelligence, I'd imagine. Or, at least, got a nice roll on that one.
:smalltongue:

horseboy
2007-11-14, 02:01 AM
Wow, I'm surprised no one has brought this (http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=SP3001) up yet.

Poor cat girls, having to be stuck with creepy, no social skills (and I bet no sense of hygiene) nerdy guys.

Khanderas
2007-11-14, 02:33 AM
Yeah, especially giant hammers of death.
Well not somuch death as pain. I don't think that hammer ever killed anyone.

AstralFire
2007-11-14, 03:22 AM
What can I say, I like something of an air of danger, whichever way I may currently be swinging, of which a tough body lends itself beautifully. Besides, they aren't too beefy are they? Even I can't stand the vaguely ridiculous over muscled look, but a little definition is gravy. I don't get why people like the 'loli' look myself ;)

Ew, loli. There are other levels between 'beefcake' and 'morally vile', you know. =p

Cocky
2007-11-14, 03:24 AM
Bahhh. Absolutes are what it's all about;)

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-14, 06:14 AM
Hmm...I remember some faustian pact you could do to kill catgirls...but which was it...?

Ah, I remember now. There's a way to unrealistically kill catgirls. Bring bishonen to fight them, they annihilate them by droves. Or, if you feel sadistic, go crazy and bring bishonen catboys,their arch-arch-enemies.

LongVin
2007-11-14, 11:07 AM
hmmm...I think we have to launch an anti cat girl propaganda campaign to cease their generation through fan fiction and the like.

I am now proposing we liken catgirls to the Kilrathi the dreaded feline aliens from Wing Commander which threatened to destroy the Earth on many occassions.

Ganurath
2007-11-14, 11:11 AM
The catgirl population will always be briming due to promiscuous roleplay in chatrooms. I actually think the god killing a catgirl thing is more of a population control method to prevent overpopulation.

LongVin
2007-11-14, 11:26 AM
The catgirl population will always be briming due to promiscuous roleplay in chatrooms. I actually think the god killing a catgirl thing is more of a population control method to prevent overpopulation.

In that case we must develop some sort of cyber-STD.

Cocky
2007-11-14, 11:28 AM
Isn't it Ironic? The advent of technology caused the Catgirl population explosion, yet it remains our only method to combat them.

Keld Denar
2007-11-14, 12:01 PM
So...looking at the crafting rules, the time it takes to craft a weapon is a multiplier of X weeks per Y gold cost of the item (standard PHB values). The cost of crafting weapons is Z gold per Y gold cost of the item. Therefore, the cost and time to craft any weapon is directly proportional to the weapons base cost. X and Z are irrelivent to this discussion.

I craft a quarterstaff.

Since the cost of a quarterstaff is 0, and anything multiplied by 0 is 0, it requires 0 time to craft. It also costs 0 gold worth of raw materials to craft. Since it costs 0 time and 0 gold to craft a quarterstaff, I can do so as often as I like...in a round.

Now, say to yourself, "I craft a quarterstaff" over and over again (expodential numbers help) until you have a veritable wall of quarterstaffs. But why stop there? Keep going, until you've crafted a mountain of quarterstaffs. Fill in valleys and pits for easy crossing. Stop up rivers, fill in lakes, or even stack them up until you reach the moon. Is there anything that can't be acomplished with the ability to spontaniously generate an infinite amount of quarterstaffs in a heartbeat? And you don't even need ranks in craft: weaponsmithing. It can be used untrained, and if you fail, you've wasted 0 resources and 0 time, so just try again!

Just doing my part to contain the infestation....

CabbageTheif
2007-11-14, 12:21 PM
Orriginally posted by SweetRein
There's a decent amount of logic here.. you must have at least a 14 intelligence, I'd imagine. Or, at least, got a nice roll on that one.

why thank you, i always imagined myself with a +2 modifier, but i would consider my strongest suit my 16 wis and 18 dex... wait...

:smallconfused: did we just become parents to a catgirl?

AtomicKitKat
2007-11-14, 12:26 PM
Wow, I'm surprised no one has brought this (http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=SP3001) up yet.

Poor cat girls, having to be stuck with creepy, no social skills (and I bet no sense of hygiene) nerdy guys.

They. Lick. Themselves. So. Do. I.:smallamused:

Clicky pop.

That is one seriously ripped catwoman. I don't even know any guys like that.:smalleek:

That being said. *points to sig* They are always preserved.:smallcool:

Alex12
2007-11-14, 12:33 PM
So...looking at the crafting rules, the time it takes to craft a weapon is a multiplier of X weeks per Y gold cost of the item (standard PHB values). The cost of crafting weapons is Z gold per Y gold cost of the item. Therefore, the cost and time to craft any weapon is directly proportional to the weapons base cost. X and Z are irrelivent to this discussion.

I craft a quarterstaff.

Since the cost of a quarterstaff is 0, and anything multiplied by 0 is 0, it requires 0 time to craft. It also costs 0 gold worth of raw materials to craft. Since it costs 0 time and 0 gold to craft a quarterstaff, I can do so as often as I like...in a round.

Now, say to yourself, "I craft a quarterstaff" over and over again (expodential numbers help) until you have a veritable wall of quarterstaffs. But why stop there? Keep going, until you've crafted a mountain of quarterstaffs. Fill in valleys and pits for easy crossing. Stop up rivers, fill in lakes, or even stack them up until you reach the moon. Is there anything that can't be acomplished with the ability to spontaniously generate an infinite amount of quarterstaffs in a heartbeat? And you don't even need ranks in craft: weaponsmithing. It can be used untrained, and if you fail, you've wasted 0 resources and 0 time, so just try again!

Just doing my part to contain the infestation....

Hey, what if we create so many quarterstaves, slings, and clubs (both of which also cost nothing) that we create a black hole? The ability to create a black hole at level 1 in literally no time = win.

CabbageTheif
2007-11-14, 12:38 PM
Hey, what if we create so many quarterstaves, slings, and clubs (both of which also cost nothing) that we create a black hole? The ability to create a black hole at level 1 in literally no time = win.

this is why i want to start the DMS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT club. cause if the dm is always right, then it doesnt matter what broken rule you found, what loopehole exist, or the cost of gold to make something, i am still going to tell you that there are not nearly enough saplings in the area to do that.

Alex12
2007-11-14, 12:42 PM
this is why i want to start the DMS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT club. cause if the dm is always right, then it doesnt matter what broken rule you found, what loopehole exist, or the cost of gold to make something, i am still going to tell you that there are not nearly enough saplings in the area to do that.

Knowing my DM, he'd actually let me make black holes by doing that. I'll try it on one of our personal planes.

Keld Denar
2007-11-14, 01:08 PM

Thats just one story from the Commoner Railgun and Other Silly Stories (TM). Lots of strange and unexplainable things occur when you take the limit of D&D as reality -> 0.

PS, if application of physics in a fantasy setting kills catgirls, and calculus was invented to do physics, what happens when you do calculus in a fantasy setting?

Alex12
2007-11-14, 01:18 PM
Effectively kill a limitless number of Commoners by setting up 2 permanent divert teleports that teleport into each other, followed by a permanant teleportation circle into one or the other. They just get teleported back and forth for eternity and never actually exist anywhere.

Yeril
2007-11-14, 01:19 PM
In that case we must develop some sort of cyber-STD.

Some sort of Virus?

MCerberus
2007-11-14, 01:31 PM
Some sort of Virus?

Yes a virus that can be transmitted through computers! Think of the evil possibilities if we harness this yet untapped source of evil!

turkishproverb
2007-11-14, 01:32 PM
hmmm...I think we have to launch an anti cat girl propaganda campaign to cease their generation through fan fiction and the like.

I am now proposing we liken catgirls to the Kilrathi the dreaded feline aliens from Wing Commander which threatened to destroy the Earth on many occassions.

As long as you don't try making dog girls popular...

LongVin
2007-11-14, 01:35 PM
Yes a virus that can be transmitted through computers! Think of the evil possibilities if we harness this yet untapped source of evil!

Well, yes...but it has to be able to strike the user somehow. Perhaps some magical mechanism to make the computer punch its owner.

That is the only way to teach them the error of their ways.

Wraithy
2007-11-14, 01:36 PM
I have a solution which will allow us to effectively kill the catgirl population without actually getting blood on our hands.

1)send all of the catgirls to mars to rid earth of their NYAA-ing scourge.
2)Overpopulation in catgirl colonies leads to mass cannibalism.
3)the only catgirls who survive will, by the process of natural selection, be catgirl super cannibals, complete with all of the diseases that come with that.
4)????
5) profit

Its foolproof!

Somebloke
2007-11-14, 02:45 PM
ok Im not a huge anime, FF geek so I gota ask what the frak is with all the catgirl comments? whare does it come from?Battlestar fan though, clearly. :smallsmile:

Telonius
2007-11-14, 02:51 PM
Effectively kill a limitless number of Commoners by setting up 2 permanent divert teleports that teleport into each other, followed by a permanant teleportation circle into one or the other. They just get teleported back and forth for eternity and never actually exist anywhere.

Schroedinger's catgirl killer? :smalleek:

Starbuck_II
2007-11-14, 02:57 PM
As long as you don't try making dog girls popular...

Maybe Doggirls help keep catgirl population down?

Alex12
2007-11-14, 03:07 PM
Schroedinger's catgirl killer? :smalleek:

Maybe. Teleportation Circle has so many different abuses it's not even funny.

puppyavenger
2007-11-14, 03:21 PM
Maybe. Teleportation Circle has so many different abuses it's not even funny.

Yes it is

and should'nt this be in media discussion or random banter?

Starfols
2007-11-14, 06:14 PM
To answer all of your questions, a wizard did it.

MCerberus
2007-11-14, 06:46 PM
To answer all of your questions, a wizard did it.

Except in the case of half-catgirl (insert other race here)s. Then someone else "did" it.

Lochar
2007-11-14, 06:51 PM
Except in the case of half-catgirl (insert other race here)s. Then someone else "did" it.

Because we all know wizards are nerds and therefore could never make time with a catgirl.

horseboy
2007-11-14, 07:20 PM
Because we all know wizards are nerds and therefore could never make time with a catgirl.
But, but, media has led me to believe that nerds are catgirls preferred "prey".

Lochar
2007-11-14, 07:29 PM
But, but, media has led me to believe that nerds are catgirls preferred "prey".

You believe everything the media tells you? I really need to sit you down in front of some good infomercials then.

turkishproverb
2007-11-14, 07:31 PM
The real question is, are we killing wild catgirls, or semi-domesticated? :smallamused:

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-14, 07:47 PM
Currently, we're focusing on the most common variety of catgirl, the nekomeme traditionalis, or nekomusume. Those, in spite of their seemingly playful and jolly natures, are bitches (ironically, aren't cat females called bitches? Or was it dogs?) from some hell. Thus, we attempt to kill them.

Woot Spitum
2007-11-14, 08:20 PM

For some reason, people replaced "masturbate" with "apply real physics to speculative fiction discussion" and "kitten" with "catgirl", presumably because there's a large segment of nerd-dom that has a thing for girls with cat-ears and -tails. Why, I do not know. If it was "green-skinned space babes" instead of catgirls, I might care more.

So, the basic pemise is that wanking kills kittens, while fanwanking kills catgirls. Makes sense to me.

turkishproverb
2007-11-14, 11:13 PM
Currently, we're focusing on the most common variety of catgirl, the nekomeme traditionalis, or nekomusume. Those, in spite of their seemingly playful and jolly natures, are bitches (ironically, aren't cat females called bitches? Or was it dogs?) from some hell. Thus, we attempt to kill them.

but is it a wild form of nekomeme traditionalis, or a domesticated, possibly even declawed version?

LongVin
2007-11-14, 11:17 PM
The real question is, are we killing wild catgirls, or semi-domesticated? :smallamused:

catgirls can be domesticated?

turkishproverb
2007-11-14, 11:31 PM
catgirls can be domesticated?

Read some manga. Or watch the following DVD:

Warning: May contain scene not suitable for non otaku (http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/h=Ymq5dTh9Tajv0fPq/browse/item/73760/4/0/0)

LongVin
2007-11-15, 10:08 PM
Read some manga. Or watch the following DVD:

Warning: May contain scene not suitable for non otaku (http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/h=Ymq5dTh9Tajv0fPq/browse/item/73760/4/0/0)

You know, everytime I say "I can't dislike people/society anymore," something like this always comes up.

*weeps for all humanity*

turkishproverb
2007-11-17, 03:34 AM
You know, everytime I say "I can't dislike people/society anymore," something like this always comes up.

*weeps for all humanity*

IT gets worse. I hesistate to say how, though...

turkishproverb
2007-11-18, 02:58 AM

(Its for dogs)

And incidentally, I think answering that question birthed another nekomeme traditionalis

Somebloke
2007-11-18, 04:48 AM
catgirls can be domesticated?Well they do seem to end up as maids quite often...