PDA

View Full Version : What good is wielding multiple weapons?

SangoProduction
2021-06-28, 11:49 PM
Integrated Armory (accessory, gadget)
This accessory is fitted between two weapons so that wielding the larger weapon counts as wielding the other weapon. If the weapons are the same size you can wield both at once in the same hand/hands. Shields (excluding bucklers) may be attached in place of weapons.

OK, obviously, if you can wield both weapons at once, you can dual wield two-handed weapons. That's... interesting. Also two handed weapons + shield is the obvious, and explicit.

Or you can dual wield 2 Integrated Armories which each having two 1-handed weapons. Seems excessive.
Multiweapon Fighting reduces the penalty for multiple weapons by 2 / 6... as a 3.5 feat, and requires 3 or more hands. So we don't qualify.

And of course, you can simply flex between the weapons without letting go of either. I mean... maybe someone's summoning a variety of DR typed creatures.

Are there any other benefits?

Saintheart
2021-06-28, 11:57 PM
Wielding multiple wands in Wand Chambers simultaneously for better spell access?

SangoProduction
2021-06-29, 12:12 AM
Wielding multiple wands in Wand Chambers simultaneously for better spell access?

... You've got a point... It does specifically mention weapons and shields.
They could be used as improvised weapons. So it's arguable. I don't mind it.

Gruftzwerg
2021-06-29, 03:02 AM
I guess the best option is to use it for 2h + shield without altering the build to much.

Or you could focus two weapon styles instead of one. Dunno if there are any interesting combinations out there (I call upon the forums help here^^)?

You basically create your own double weapons.

My question would be if things like "reach weapon" carry over to the other half? But I doubt that..

Saintheart
2021-06-29, 03:41 AM
If you're taken as wielding both weapons at once, make one of them a kaorti resin weapon, make the other an iron or steel weapon, become a Disciple of Dispater, profit?

SangoProduction
2021-06-29, 05:41 AM
I guess the best option is to use it for 2h + shield without altering the build to much.

Or you could focus two weapon styles instead of one. Dunno if there are any interesting combinations out there (I call upon the forums help here^^)?

You basically create your own double weapons.

My question would be if things like "reach weapon" carry over to the other half? But I doubt that..

I am about 100% certain that properties of the individual weapons are not shared. But you can wield a long spear and greatsword at once. Which sounds like it would be spectacularly clumsy. But magic gonna magic.

Bonzai
2021-06-29, 12:10 PM
Where is this item at? I wonder if it would work with a rod of many wands...

Psyren
2021-06-29, 10:54 PM

It's a Spheres of Power thread, though not labeled as such.

SangoProduction
2021-06-29, 11:36 PM
It's a Spheres of Power thread, though not labeled as such.

It's not an SoP thread. The context for the question does come from the SoM tech sphere though.

Psyren
2021-06-30, 12:50 AM
The context for the question does come from the SoM tech sphere though.

Yes, exactly.

Remuko
2021-06-30, 12:02 PM

in general assume any thread by SangoProduction is about the Spheres system(s) even if its not stated.

Kitsuneymg
2021-06-30, 10:46 PM
I suppose this is an alternative to archery bash for wielding a ranged weapon while still threatening.

Bonzai
2021-07-01, 10:53 AM
in general assume any thread by SangoProduction is about the Spheres system(s) even if its not stated.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Segev
2021-07-02, 07:03 PM
Combine a lance and a great word; now you have reach and five foot range at once with no need to switch between weapons. Add a longbow, and you can shift between range and melee mid attack routine if you like. You also can have piercing, blleoning, and slashing damage at your choice without having to golf bag.

Plus a shield even though you're wielding a two-handed weapon.

TheTeaMustFlow
2021-07-03, 05:53 AM
There are a fair number of magic weapons and shields that have effects while you're wielding them - this would allow you to stack them.

SangoProduction
2021-07-03, 01:37 PM
There are a fair number of magic weapons and shields that have effects while you're wielding them - this would allow you to stack them.

Now that's interesting.
Of course, you can't stack the same enchantment on different weapons, but the different wielding effects, definitely.

Ooo. I suddenly reminded of the Lancer sphere's ability to impale with weapons. Typically, this means you basically give up the weapon (and a controlling hand) in order to keep the opponent stuck to you.

But this can do one of multiple things: Either let you impale multiple times, or let you keep doing your thing completely unimpaired, since you are wielding both a functional weapon and the stuck weapon at the same time.

Are there any other similar effects?

Kitsuneymg
2021-07-05, 12:18 AM
I wonder how that works with the “hands of effort” stuff paizo uses. Also, is it still two weapons or is it the same weapon? Lancer won’t let you use the impaling weapon, so it would have to still count as two weapons to do this.

I suppose you could have a +5 defending weapon and always give its enhancement to yourself. There’s a similar effect for saves, but it lacks the faq that defending has.

Galvanized drawback and wielding a focus weapon? Or a weapon that is also an implement? That would like you wield a weapon, and weapon/implement, and a carried focus all at the same time. If you needed to.

Dwarven War shields maybe? They do have “the hand wielding a dwarven war shield can’t even used for anything else” though. So which specific trumps the hardest? I guess you could integrate two war shields together. Then you’d be two weapon fighting while wielding two war shields. You’d need to use weapon and armor spikes, IUS, or a second integrated weapon to attack with though, so that you keep the war shield bonus.