PDA

View Full Version : The largest sphere yet (Spheres in Review)

SangoProduction
2021-06-29, 08:03 AM
Preamble: This was such an overly complex, poorly explained sphere, which breaks from the traditional fluff of typical 3.5 / PF games that it’s no wonder it’s taken me so long to even bother reading through the tech sphere - let alone reviewing it. But it’s so absurd that breaking it down probably has a disproportionate usefulness.
(I mean, even hyper condensed as I made it, it’s still more than a page just on the mechanics.)

Link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hAPo718p0OIfhSQb88dwXJWsPKpC-iCjiMcisfUBUu8/edit?usp=sharing)

Post-Review Analysis:
After going through all of it… 50 times… I had grown to appreciate it. It is incredibly poorly organized, but I think I have fixed much of that problem with this guide.
There is a huge amount of content, and inbuilt flavor (even if it’s to its detriment), in this sphere, and I kind of love it. You can just feel the inordinate effort that the writers put into it… into developing the sphere… less into organizing it.
I am actually pretty excited to play the futuristic Pathfinder game, I'm about to join

Seerow
2021-06-29, 08:18 AM
The link in the post does not work :(

But just from my prior experience with the Tech Sphere, I agree with your overall analysis. There's a lot of cool/interesting things there. While I don't think I'd ever want to make a character diving deep into tech to the point where I need to worry about the various subsystems, dipping in to make a very specific piece of gear (laser rifles, lightsabers, particle whips, faster reloading regular guns/crossbows/siege engines, etc) is something I have done on occasion when the GM allowed it and enjoyed. I also remember the talent that gives a boost to carrying capacity being absolutely absurd and great if you enjoy the idea of picking up castles/tossing boulders for fun.

SangoProduction
2021-06-29, 08:33 AM
The link in the post does not work :(

But just from my prior experience with the Tech Sphere, I agree with your overall analysis. There's a lot of cool/interesting things there. While I don't think I'd ever want to make a character diving deep into tech to the point where I need to worry about the various subsystems, dipping in to make a very specific piece of gear (laser rifles, lightsabers, particle whips, faster reloading regular guns/crossbows/siege engines, etc) is something I have done on occasion when the GM allowed it and enjoyed. I also remember the talent that gives a boost to carrying capacity being absolutely absurd and great if you enjoy the idea of picking up castles/tossing boulders for fun.

Fixed. lol. I had the link equal to my preamble... rather than the hyperlink.
That's what you get for being overly excited.