PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Problem

Neon Knight
2007-11-13, 05:54 PM
I'm sure some of you at least have had a problem with one player attempting to dominate the spotlight. You know, that showboating moron who can't stand it if the situation doesn't revolve around his character, who never lets anyone receive any amount of attention or have any part in any decisions.

I wish that was my problem.

My problem, in not 1, but 2 PbP games (on a different board), is the lack of a clear leader figure. In one, I'm a player, and in the other, a DM.

In both games, the problem is similar. Characters are either reactive or quiet in nature, without a single one of us with the natural audacity to tell the others what to do. I'm at a loss at what to do and what people's opinion.

Nonah_Me
2007-11-13, 06:04 PM
I wish I had concistant net access, otherwise I'd ask to join up. I'd love to tell you guys what to do.

Barring that, maybe you should tell that to your fellow players and/or DM? As a last ditch effort, you could play the leader yourself. Not all leaders are happy go lucky I'm so glad I'm the leader types; You could play a reluctant leader who nonetheless takes on the responsability, and yes, sometimes the blame.

TheElfLord
2007-11-13, 06:07 PM
To second what the above poster wrote, relutent heros are quite popular these days. Just look at the character alterations to Aragorn from LotR or Peter from the Lion the Witch and Wardrobe in the movie versions.