PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Tristalt Optimization

JNAProductions
2021-07-01, 08:37 PM
Friend of mine is running a Tristalt 5E game. I'm planning on focusing on my DFA (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?563200-Dragonfire-Adept-(Again)), so I'll almost always have a good use for my action. What classes would pair well, do you think, with a DFA?

I figure I want at least one full-caster class, for the spells, but I could really use something good with my bonus actions.

Starting at level 5.

Kuulvheysoon
2021-07-01, 08:42 PM
I mean... bard? Bonus action BI, full spells, minor Charisma focus?

Failing that, Ranger always has a literal ton of BA options.

JNAProductions
2021-07-01, 08:44 PM
I mean... bard? Bonus action BI, full spells, minor Charisma focus?

Failing that, Ranger always has a literal ton of BA options.

Good point. Still leaves one class free, but yeah, that’s a grand idea. Thank you!

Kuulvheysoon
2021-07-01, 08:56 PM
Final class could be Paladin? Heavy Armor, more Charisma, Extra Attack and would synergize well with DFA (blow all of your spell slots on smites, then use your at-will DFA abilities).

kaervaak
2021-07-02, 03:53 PM
I assume Tristalt means 3 classes?

I'd definitely go Warlock/Full Caster (Probably Sorcerer)/Martial (your dragonfire adept kind of fits here)

nickl_2000
2021-07-04, 09:00 AM
Swashbuckler Rogue, Swords Bard, Hexblade Warlock

You only need 14 dex, you deal massive damage, and you always have a tool ready for use.

NCat
2021-07-13, 08:18 PM
Hm, this might be an alternative option for your bonus action, but tandem tactician, with hobgoblin feywild (UA) could give you a fairly effective bonus action for no resource cost, and levels in rogue: mastermind could help with this even further