PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heroes Help

BRC
2007-11-13, 10:10 PM
So I own both Company of Heroes and the expansion, however recently I have run into a problem. When I boot up the game it wants me to log into relic online, not only wants, DEMANDS, it gives me no option to go to the single player menu. I do not have a Relic Online account and cannont make one because Ive lost my original CD key for the original Company of Heroes. So the only way I can play is to disconect the internet then boot up the game, somthing that gets annoying, especially since other people in my house are using the internet. Does anybody know any way to get around this?

Crispy Dave
2007-11-13, 10:41 PM
have you tried re installing it?

Bryn
2007-11-17, 06:19 AM
have you tried re installing it?

He can't reinstall without the CD key.

My advice is to consult Google (if you haven't already), and if that fails, to go to the Relic forums.

Murongo
2007-11-17, 10:19 PM
Well there's two .exe's, one for the main game and one that sends you straight to online, you sure they didn't get flipped or something and you're hitting the one that sends you straight to online? Admittedly I only have the original so I don't know if the expansion only has one exe.

One idea might be to use xfire or something to start the game, as it would automatically find the one that opens the standard menu. I have no idea if that would work or not though, because if it's a computer error than most likely the .exe that's supposed to lead to the regular menu is defaulting to the online one, and xfire will try to do exactly what you're doing.

That's a pain man, that sucks.

Lord Herman
2007-11-18, 10:15 AM
If you have lost your original CD key, you can still make an account with just your Opposing Fronts key. You just won't have access to the original campaign, and to the Americans and the Wehrmacht in multiplayer.

Zencao
2007-11-18, 02:05 PM
If you don't want to log in, then disconnect your internet and it should send you to SP mode after a sec.

Also, the log-in is to prevent piracy (if you saw the number of CoH's that were pirated, you wouldn't blame relic) so once you've saved your stuff you log in for a sec and everything should be available, if you REALLY don't want to then use the before-mentioned offline mode.