PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking for some help with making a Sybil

SourisRouge
2021-07-08, 11:17 PM
We're about to start Ruins of Greyhawk at level 8 and our DM has allowed for races up to ECL +2 (Within reason)
Savage Species is one of my favorite books and I have been dying for a chance to play a Sybil prestige. However, I'm having dificulty finding a race that qualifies as I need an Innate Spell-like Divination and can't seem to find a list of creatures or races with Innate spell-like abilities. I was thinking of going in a fey direction as the other requirements aren't so hard to meet, but I'd be open to suggestions. Our DM isn't an optimize or die kind of guy and I'm looking for some nice flavor. Does anyone happen to know of something that could fit? Thanks so much for the help!
Just for reference, all requirements for Sybil are as follows:
Alignment: Neutral.
Skills: Concentration 10 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 8
ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks.
Feats: Empower Spell-Like Ability.
Special: Must have an innate spell-like divination ability.

Saintheart
2021-07-08, 11:47 PM
Gnome. Speak with Animals is a Divination spell and they get it as a spell-like ability.

Look for stuff that can Speak With X, or Detect X, since these are spells from the divination school and crop up on creatures as spell-like abilities not uncommonly.

Maat Mons
2021-07-08, 11:50 PM
Here's what I can find:

Dragon, wyrmling brass
Elf, ghost
Extaminar
Gnome (ninja-ed)
Jermlaine
Laika
Spirit folk, bamboo
Spirit folk, river
Xvart
Yuan ti pureblood
Zenythri

Thurbane
2021-07-09, 01:42 AM
We're about to start Ruins of Greyhawk at level 8 and our DM has allowed for races up to ECL +2 (Within reason)

Just to be clear: the DM is waiving up to LA +2, or allowing you to play creatures of up to LA +2 "as is"?

Also, may be worth noting, that "innate" is a pretty hotly debated term. If you search some threads on the Supernatural Transformation feat, you'll see what I mean.

My 2 coppers: it's synonymous with racial, but a lot of folks don't see it that way. FWIW, this is what the official FAQ says:

Can a warlock qualify for the Supernatural Transformation feat (SS 39) and change one of his invocations into a supernatural ability?
No. The warlock’s spell-like abilities are learned (from class levels), not innate (that is, part of his racial traits).

If your group/DM is a bit more loose on the definition of innate, then something like the Insightful feat may qualify you for the PrC.