PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Spells?

Delta_tea
2021-07-09, 02:53 PM
I know I can stack buff spells provided they don't have the same type of bonus (luck, insight, morale, etc).

But can I stack Produce Flame with Darkfire? Would be really neat to deal damage with both while throwing fire. This would be a ranged touch attack btw.

As far as I can tell, nothing says no... They don't require concentration and they both last for a period of time after casting. They're also different spells, so it's not like trying to double up on the same spell of the same name.

tyckspoon
2021-07-09, 03:41 PM
Nothing I can see that suggests you can't have both spells active at once. However, you would not be able to attack with both the Produce Flame flame and the Darkfire flame with the same action - think of it like wielding two weapons. You can attack with either one, but not both at the same time unless something else specifically allows you to.

Thurbane
2021-07-09, 06:17 PM
If you are wanting to make melee touch attacks with both in the same round, the Spell Flower spell lets you do this. One will be treated as an off hand attack, using the two weapon fighting rules.

Spell Flower gets really interesting if you have more than two arms.

Actually, on a second read through, Spell Flower may not work in your scenario: it seems to only work with touch spells where you "hold the charge", and I don't think Produce Flame or Darkfire technically fall into this category.

Still, it does provide some kind of precedent for treating it as TWF...