PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars determining speed in sw f&d

jdizzlean
2021-07-10, 11:23 PM
in relative terms, if you're trying to figure out just how far (in feet) you can move in a round, how do you calculate that? for example, if i'm silhouette zero, speed 2, system strain 3 (i'm using the armored drop suit from no disintegrations, p49), how far in feet does that move in a round? we can't figure it out, and are basically just saying "well, this far this time".

As a maneuver, engage flight systems to function as silhouette 0, speed 2, handling +2 (2 blues to all piloting checks), sys strain threshold 3 vehicle that requires Piloting (planetary) to operate.

Rakaydos
2021-07-14, 07:46 AM
in relative terms, if you're trying to figure out just how far (in feet) you can move in a round, how do you calculate that? for example, if i'm silhouette zero, speed 2, system strain 3 (i'm using the armored drop suit from no disintegrations, p49), how far in feet does that move in a round? we can't figure it out, and are basically just saying "well, this far this time".

As a maneuver, engage flight systems to function as silhouette 0, speed 2, handling +2 (2 blues to all piloting checks), sys strain threshold 3 vehicle that requires Piloting (planetary) to operate.

Bear in mind that a round is a minute long, and your character isnt on camera doing things for that whole minute.
If the exact distance matters, that sounds like an athletics check.

For general distances, "short range" is about 10 yards, "Medium" is about 40 yards, "Long" is about a hundred yards, and "extreme" is beyond 200 yards.