PDA

View Full Version : Death, but can anyone give me some Pointy Bits?

graymachine
2007-11-14, 02:24 AM
I was having a bit of fog about the issue and thought I would ask: Is there anyway to buff Death Attack? I'm playing a Rogue 5/Assassin 1 character with a 17 INT. The first level is all I will be taking of Assassin, so my Death Attack ability will be, at best, something of minimal focus. Are there any abilities/feats/crazy skills/ magic items/mojo out there that will enhance it over my class level plus INT modifier?

Quietus
2007-11-14, 02:47 AM
I was having a bit of fog about the issue and thought I would ask: Is there anyway to buff Death Attack? I'm playing a Rogue 5/Assassin 1 character with a 17 INT. The first level is all I will be taking of Assassin, so my Death Attack ability will be, at best, something of minimal focus. Are there any abilities/feats/crazy skills/ magic items/mojo out there that will enhance it over my class level plus INT modifier?

Ability focus will increase the DC by 2.

Grynning
2007-11-14, 04:09 AM
"Bracers of Murder" from Drow of the Underdark (and Magic Item compendium, I think) adds +2 to the DC. They have a bunch of other handy bonuses for sneak attack characters as well.
Assassin's Dagger from the DMG (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#assassinsDagger) raises the DC by 2 as well. Keep it in your off hand if you're melee and you're good.

Armads
2007-11-14, 05:14 AM
Knock their constitution down: it raises your death attack DCs substantially.

Feats like Disembowling Strike (sneak attack damage reduced by 4d6, but you deal 1d4 con damage) help you out with your damage, and the con damage becomes better than the sneak attack damage after level 10. Alternatively (expensive route), apply con-damage poison to your blade (like black lotus extract).

Ability focus helps for raising the DC directly.

TheLogman
2007-11-14, 05:19 AM
The Assassin's knife from the DMG increases the DC on the save I believe, and does some other fun stuff too.