PDA

View Full Version : If you become a reborn from a birdfolk do you retain the restrictions ?

Keeganwilson
2021-07-12, 08:07 PM
It seems all you get is the speed to me seeing as the restriction is a feature which you lose minus the alternative fly speed . Wondering what yalls think.

Keeganwilson
2021-07-12, 08:09 PM
Also it's hard to spell aarakocra

quindraco
2021-07-12, 08:13 PM
It seems all you get is the speed to me seeing as the restriction is a feature which you lose minus the alternative fly speed . Wondering what yalls think.

DM fiat - reborn keep the flying speed, and there's no RAW on whether the armor restriction is part of the flying speed or not. I assume you mean aarakocra - kenku don't have a flying speed, and owlfolk don't have a flying speed restriction.

Keeganwilson
2021-07-12, 08:20 PM
DM fiat - reborn keep the flying speed, and there's no RAW on whether the armor restriction is part of the flying speed or not. I assume you mean aarakocra - kenku don't have a flying speed, and owlfolk don't have a flying speed restriction.

That's what I thought thank you :)

Rukelnikov
2021-07-12, 08:51 PM
The reborn reads: "you can keep the following elements of that race: any skill proficiencies you gained from it and any climbing, flying, or swimming speed you gained from it."

The same element that grants flight speed has the restriction baked in, so IMO if you are keeping the flight speed it still has the restriction

rlc
2021-07-12, 09:16 PM
Uhh, hwat?

Kuulvheysoon
2021-07-12, 09:25 PM
Here's the line on Aarakocra flight from their racial entry:

Flight. You have a flying speed of 50 feet. To use this speed, you can't be wearing medium or heavy armor.
I believe that Rukelnikov is saying that since the armor restriction is baked into the same line as the flight speed itself, it should retain that restriction along with the flight speed when they're reborn.

Rukelnikov
2021-07-12, 09:51 PM
Here's the line on Aarakocra flight from their racial entry:

I believe that Rukelnikov is saying that since the armor restriction is baked into the same line as the flight speed itself, it should retain that restriction along with the flight speed when they're reborn.

Yup, thanks for clarifying.