PDA

View Full Version : Increasing HD limit of Lesser Planar Ally

Yogibear41
2021-07-14, 04:53 PM
Other than the Feat Infernal Bargainer is there a way to increase the HD limit of the outsider summoned by Lesser Planar Ally. (only interested in improving the lesser version as the class I am using only has it on its list and doesn't get the improved versions) Using Fiend of Blasphemy for reference.

Silva Stormrage
2021-07-14, 06:59 PM
Not to my knowledge if this is for an actual game as a player. If you are a DM you can slightly mess with it by having the god of evil/demon lord/etc hit a high level demon with negative levels until its effectively 6 HD then send that demon to answer the planar ally request. Bonus points if the demon then uses a scroll of restoration or similar to remove the negative levels.

That is however INCREDIBLY cheesy, and would cause players to possibly revolt. It would probably be easier to just homebrew something like a custom item or wonderous architecture to give you the bonus.

Yogibear41
2021-07-15, 12:24 AM
It would be for player use.

Khatoblepas
2021-07-15, 01:51 AM
Reserves of StrengthDLCS allows you to break the cap on spells up to 3, so with Infernal Bargainer you can get up to +5HD with it.

MalconvokerCS 8 has Improved Calling:

Improved Calling (Su): At 8th level, your understanding of the ways of fiends shows you how to tempt even more powerful beings into your service. The normal HD limit for your planar ally and planar binding spells (including lesser and greater versions) increases by 2.

That's +7HD, what are you trying to call?

Efrate
2021-07-15, 08:54 AM
If pf is on the table there is an incense that increases and a feat as well. Both get you +4 or +5 total, at work and afb, but i had both on a wizard for greater planar binding so I could grab a Solar.

Zanos
2021-07-15, 09:16 AM
Reserves of StrengthDLCS allows you to break the cap on spells up to 3, so with Infernal Bargainer you can get up to
Only for CL dependent stuff, so reserves doesn't help you for calling spells. The HD isn't dependent on anything.

Khatoblepas
2021-07-15, 09:37 AM
Only for CL dependent stuff, so reserves doesn't help you for calling spells. The HD isn't dependent on anything.

Oh dang, I honestly thought the HD you called was 1HD/level to a max of 6HD, not just a straight 6HD. That's a shame.

Thurbane
2021-07-15, 07:26 PM
I was going to suggest Reserves of Strength as well, but as pointed out, wouldn't work in this case.

Not really relevant to LPA, and it won't come online until much higher levels, but there's a spell Implore (Dragon mag 336) that has a 24HD limit.

ShurikVch
2021-07-16, 04:27 AM
Call a simulacrum of whatever you wanted to call - it would have only a half of their "usual" HD...

Yogibear41
2021-07-17, 03:12 AM
If pf is on the table there is an incense that increases and a feat as well. Both get you +4 or +5 total, at work and afb, but i had both on a wizard for greater planar binding so I could grab a Solar.

what is the name of the pathfinder feat+incense?

Kitsuneymg
2021-07-19, 05:16 AM
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/augment-calling/ Is +2 HD and works on one subtype of outsider.

I dunno about the incense.