PDA

View Full Version : Quill and Flower {HSHC} IC

Lentrax
2021-07-14, 10:17 PM
~~~Quill and Flower~~~

Episode 1: Shall I Compare Thee?

Mt. Fujiyoka sits in the distance, somewhere on its slopes rests a temple to the goddesses of love.

But today there is no time to hike out to see it. Instead, as the sun rises over the mountain, you begin preparing for your first day at Fujiyoka Academy. You take your first steps into your morning routine. You brush your teeth, brush your hair, apply makeup. Whatever the routine looks like.

As the morning goes on, you walk into the academy and catch the smell of the fresh coffee being served at the cafe in the main building. It is while you are near the cafe that you see her.

A brunette sitting at a table, sipping a coffee and reading a book of what looks like poetry. She sets the coffee down and the book tips forward as she looks out the window toward the mountain.

Opposed Roll! Make your best Allure roll! Highest roll gets 2 VP, 2nd place gets 1 VP!

Amaril
2021-07-15, 06:58 AM
Like most mornings these days, Mayu starts with a run. Not really acquainted with the campus yet, she picks her route at random, trying to remember the names of the buildings.

She arrives back at the cafe still in her workout clothes--sports bra, leggings, and sneakers. There'll be time to shower and change before class. Caffeine comes first.

Iced green tea in hand, she looks for a free seat. That's when she sees her.

For a second, Mayu does something she hasn't done before chatting up a pretty girl in a long time: she hesitates. This really isn't the best moment, is it? She hasn't cleaned up yet, never mind makeup.... Hey, since when have we let something like that stop us?

Good enough.

"Hey, is this seat free?"

+1 strong Allure, +2 Runner's Glow, +1 Stage Presence, +1 Star Quality. Possibly another +2 from Shameless if a sports bra and leggings counts as "extremely revealing." +5 total, or +7 if Shameless applies.

Illven
2021-07-15, 10:43 AM
Melody was at the cafe for unexplained reasons, frankly she could cook and brew better coffee at home.

Oh right, she was handing out her own coffee.

Though really, none of you should take this up as a habit. Caffeine is for when you need extra energy not as a every day occurrence.

Strong allure, Yamato Nadeshiko. +3 total.

Estralita
2021-07-16, 09:34 PM
Yumiko hesitantly entered the cafe, feeling like an intruder. It was crazy, all of it. Her being here, being allowed to eat whatever she wanted, not worrying what her parents would think of her choices. It felt wrong. It felt freeing. It felt like any minute she was going to ruin it all by tripping and making a fool of herself. But she was hungry, so she entered with as much confidence as she could muster.

And immediately stopped short, at the loveliest girl she'd ever seen just sitting at a table like nothing was wrong. And regardless of anything Yumiko though before or after, at that moment, everything was absolutely right.

No useful abilities here. +0

Lentrax
2021-07-18, 09:03 PM
Like most mornings these days, Mayu starts with a run. Not really acquainted with the campus yet, she picks her route at random, trying to remember the names of the buildings.

She arrives back at the cafe still in her workout clothes--sports bra, leggings, and sneakers. There'll be time to shower and change before class. Caffeine comes first.

Iced green tea in hand, she looks for a free seat. That's when she sees her.

For a second, Mayu does something she hasn't done before chatting up a pretty girl in a long time: she hesitates. This really isn't the best moment, is it? She hasn't cleaned up yet, never mind makeup.... Hey, since when have we let something like that stop us?

Good enough.

"Hey, is this seat free?"

+1 strong Allure, +2 Runner's Glow, +1 Stage Presence, +1 Star Quality. Possibly another +2 from Shameless if a sports bra and leggings counts as "extremely revealing." +5 total, or +7 if Shameless applies.

"Well," the girl says, setting her book down. A small smile appears on her lips. "I suppose that it is now, isn't it?"

She lifts the saucer her drink is on, then brings the mug to her lips and takes a drink. She sets the drink back on the saucer and sets it back on the table with an elegant precision. The smile returns.

"Orioko Kazumi."

Melody was at the cafe for unexplained reasons, frankly she could cook and brew better coffee at home.

Oh right, she was handing out her own coffee.

Though really, none of you should take this up as a habit. Caffeine is for when you need extra energy not as a every day occurrence.

Strong allure, Yamato Nadeshiko. +3 total.

You set your coffee down at a table occupied by two young women. One of them is an athlete of some sort, from her clothes and the fact that they are soaked in sweat. And the other...

The other is an elegant young woman, with a book of poetry sitting next to her.

"Oh!" She says. "Was this... for... me?"

Yumiko hesitantly entered the cafe, feeling like an intruder. It was crazy, all of it. Her being here, being allowed to eat whatever she wanted, not worrying what her parents would think of her choices. It felt wrong. It felt freeing. It felt like any minute she was going to ruin it all by tripping and making a fool of herself. But she was hungry, so she entered with as much confidence as she could muster.

And immediately stopped short, at the loveliest girl she'd ever seen just sitting at a table like nothing was wrong. And regardless of anything Yumiko though before or after, at that moment, everything was absolutely right.

No useful abilities here. +0

Everything was right at first glance. But before you can get two steps, another girl is sitting at the table.

And not long after that, before you can cross half the distance, yet another one has set her coffee at the table.

Everything was going right, but is it still?

Amaril
2021-07-18, 09:35 PM
Mayu puts on her own best smile as she takes the seat. "Hirano Mayu." She can see a little better now why this Kazumi had her flustered for a second; put together like she's on a TV set, she couldn't make for a starker contrast with Mayu's own messy state. Thoughts of showing this girl how fun a little mess can be spring to mind. Hey, easy. Jeez, what's gotten into her this morning?

"Watcha reading?" Before Mayu can get a good look at the book's cover, they have more company. The sight of the new girl's tray of cups makes her blink. Are people allowed to hand out their own stuff here? Well, Mayu's not one to snitch, and the more the merrier.

Illven
2021-07-18, 09:40 PM
Um, yes. If you would like? May I um... sit on the table? Melody asks a faint blush on her cheeks.

Lentrax
2021-07-18, 10:07 PM
Mayu puts on her own best smile as she takes the seat. "Hirano Mayu." She can see a little better now why this Kazumi had her flustered for a second; put together like she's on a TV set, she couldn't make for a starker contrast with Mayu's own messy state. Thoughts of showing this girl how fun a little mess can be spring to mind. Hey, easy. Jeez, what's gotten into her this morning?

"Watcha reading?" Before Mayu can get a good look at the book's cover, they have more company. The sight of the new girl's tray of cups makes her blink. Are people allowed to hand out their own stuff here? Well, Mayu's not one to snitch, and the more the merrier.

The book is a well worn paperback volume of poetry, the spine so worn and broken that it can be folded over with the cover on the inside. But, considering the appearance of the text on the page you can see, and the use of space, you can tell that it is in fact a poetry book.

"It is a collection of poems from around the world from the early twentieth century. Just some inspiration."

Um, yes. If you would like? May I um... sit on the table? Melody asks a faint blush on her cheeks.

She gestures at a nearby seat, the same small smile on her face that she has given to Mayu.

"Please."

As Melody sits, the young woman continues.

"Orioko Kazumi."

Illven
2021-07-18, 10:56 PM
Melody, it's quite a pleasure to meet you.

Lentrax
2021-07-18, 11:14 PM
Melody, it's quite a pleasure to meet you.

"Yes. I have quite enjoyed meeting the both of you today. It makes tehe first day not quite so terrible doesn't it?"

Estralita
2021-07-19, 12:56 AM
One perfect moment, then everything ruined! Not one but two girls approached her immediately! Of course, she had no way of knowing if they desired the perfect girl as Yumiko did, but how could they now?! Yumiko's heart was pounding like right before an important meet. At home, she'd run as far away as possible, pretend this never happened then watch from the shadows. It was the sensible thing to do. No good could come from her stumbling over and making some sort of clumsy overture. She didn't even know how, for gods sake!

So of course when one of the other girls moved to speak to the girl, Yumiko found herself rushing over to the table, jostling it as she arrived."Hello." Then immediately realizing what she'd done, Yumiko found herself blushing deeply and backing up. "Oh no, oh dear! I'm so sorry!"
'

Amaril
2021-07-19, 08:01 AM
"Terrible?" Mayu quirks an eyebrow. "Why would it be--"

She's interrupted by hot coffee spilling from several of Melody's cups right onto her leggings. "Ow!"

Reflexively scrambling up out of her chair, she hops from foot to foot, reaching for a fistful of napkins. The coffee isn't that hot, thankfully, and she's left with just an awkward stain across her lap rather than first-degree burns. Well, she was planning to change after this anyway. Her attention is drawn to the girl who bumped the table freaking out. "Hey, it's okay!" Her reassuring grin is spoiled slightly by a wince. "It happens. Did you want to sit here?"

Illven
2021-07-19, 12:40 PM
"Terrible?" Mayu quirks an eyebrow. "Why would it be--"

She's interrupted by hot coffee spilling from several of Melody's cups right onto her leggings. "Ow!"

Reflexively scrambling up out of her chair, she hops from foot to foot, reaching for a fistful of napkins. The coffee isn't that hot, thankfully, and she's left with just an awkward stain across her lap rather than first-degree burns. Well, she was planning to change after this anyway. Her attention is drawn to the girl who bumped the table freaking out. "Hey, it's okay!" Her reassuring grin is spoiled slightly by a wince. "It happens. Did you want to sit here?"

Melody for her part is immediately on Mayu as soon as she settles the coffee so no more will spill.

She tenderly tugs at the leggings to make sure they aren't stuck to the skin.

I strongly recommend taking these off, and applying cool but not cold water to the area. She looks up blushing slightly.

Amaril
2021-07-19, 12:49 PM
Mayu meets Melody's blushing with the faintest smirk. "I mean, I don't have a change of pants with me," she deadpans, "but if you insist."

Illven
2021-07-19, 01:32 PM
Mayu meets Melody's blushing with the faintest smirk. "I mean, I don't have a change of pants with me," she deadpans, "but if you insist."

I'd offer a spare set of mine, but you're too short, and I'm a tad curvier. Melody explains.

Oh....oh you meant.... She blushes deeper before turning her head quizzically. Do I know you from somewhere?

Amaril
2021-07-19, 01:46 PM
Mayu's smirk becomes a proper smile. "Nah, but I get that a lot." With that, she sits back down. "And thanks, but I'm fine. I was gonna change before class anyway."

Lentrax
2021-07-19, 11:02 PM
"Well," Kazumi says, as she uses a napkin to dab at the coffee that has threatened to stain her book. "Caffiene may do wonders, but nothing compares to adrenaline to get you going in the morning."

She then waves to Yumiko. "Hello, there, dear. Nothing has been done that cannot be repaired or washed away. None here will hold it against you. Come. Would you care to sit down?"

Illven
2021-07-20, 12:31 AM
Mayu's smirk becomes a proper smile. "Nah, but I get that a lot." With that, she sits back down. "And thanks, but I'm fine. I was gonna change before class anyway."

Oh.... I'm sorry, I didn't intend to make a come on. Melody starts.

Not that you aren't pretty! You're very pretty, breath taking even. But I'm straight. Melody continues.

Lentrax
2021-07-20, 12:33 AM
Oh.... I'm sorry, I didn't intend to make a come on. Melody starts.

Not that you aren't pretty! You're very pretty, breath taking even. But I'm straight. Melody continues.

"Oh? Well, that is a shame," Kazumi says, the smile becoming a bit wider.

"I do think the two of you would make a wonderful couple."

Illven
2021-07-20, 12:37 AM
"Oh? Well, that is a shame," Kazumi says, the smile becoming a bit wider.

"I do think the two of you would make a wonderful couple."

Awww! Thank you. Melody beams now standing up.

I'd cook, I'd clean for her. But one day, I'll have to do it for a man.

Estralita
2021-07-20, 12:40 AM
Yumiko heard and nodded along with the other's reassurances, face heating up. Then she spoke and the others faded away. The girl (Orioko Kazumi, she said?) was inviting her to sit down.

Shakily, but this time without disturbing anything, Yumiko managed to take a seat. "I'm Kato Yumiko. It is nice to meet you, Orioko-san."Then, suddenly she remembered Kazumi wasn't the only other girl there. "Oh! And you two as well! I'm not trying to ignore you, or say you're less important, and I'm still sorry about the mess..." Yumiko trailed off, wondering if she could make the situation more awkward for herself.

Amaril
2021-07-20, 07:55 AM
"Honey, relax," Mayu urges Yumiko with her gentlest smile, leaning over to rest a hand on hers as she sits down. "Everything's okay. I'm Hirano Mayu, and it's nice to meet you."

She turns back to Kazumi. "So you said something about inspiration. You a poet?"

Lentrax
2021-07-20, 02:24 PM
The smile fades. Not much, but the change is there nonetheless.

"A poet? No. Not I, and not for a time yet. Someday, perhaps, if things go slantways."

Amaril
2021-07-20, 02:31 PM
Not the most forthcoming, is she, this Kazumi? Mayu doesn't hide that she's intrigued, leaning in over the table. "So, inspiration for what, then?"

Lentrax
2021-07-20, 08:44 PM
"Why, the day of course. Do you not seek inspiration to begin your day?"

Illven
2021-07-20, 10:48 PM
Oh I already have plenty of it. Melody beams warmly.

Lentrax
2021-07-20, 11:43 PM
"You must, of course. So much so that you are able to make coffee for everyone, it seems."

She lifts one of the cups that miraculously survived the earlier table collision, and takes a sip.

"Wonderful. This may be my inspiration for the day. I envy the one who inspires you. He must be a lucky young man."

Illven
2021-07-20, 11:55 PM
"You must, of course. So much so that you are able to make coffee for everyone, it seems."

She lifts one of the cups that miraculously survived the earlier table collision, and takes a sip.

"Wonderful. This may be my inspiration for the day. I envy the one who inspires you. He must be a lucky young man."

Oh my apologies. What inspires me is my faith. I merely wish to not be shoving it down your throats. Melody clarifies.

Lentrax
2021-07-21, 12:19 AM
"Well, thank you for that. I do not need a missionary in my life. Not at this point."

Estralita
2021-07-21, 12:49 AM
"In-Inspires? Me?" Yumiko turned even deeper red. "I- I suppose the water. And swimming. I'm a swimmer. Been around water all me life." Neither answer really felt right, though. She loved the water, but it was a comforting simple love, not something that inspired thought and action. Not like Kazumi. Yumiko thought quickly, trying to come up with something better. Then, to her surprise, an idea did occur to her.

" Oh, have you heard of the idol, Midori? She's inspiring!"

Amaril
2021-07-21, 08:28 AM
Something flickers across Mayu's face at that, almost imperceptible. It's gone just as quickly. "Huh, you think? Didn't she stop performing, like, a while ago?"

Illven
2021-07-21, 01:26 PM
" Oh, have you heard of the idol, Midori? She's inspiring!"

Oh my gods, She was so brave to come out like that! Melody squeals in glee.

Lentrax
2021-07-21, 08:51 PM
Something flickers across Mayu's face at that, almost imperceptible. It's gone just as quickly. "Huh, you think? Didn't she stop performing, like, a while ago?"

"Quite suddenly, as I recall. I believe the most popular rumor was that she was pregnant, and claiming to be gay was just a cover."

"Do you think you could?"

Illven
2021-07-21, 09:38 PM

Could what? Melody asks confused.

Lentrax
2021-07-21, 09:57 PM
"Come out like she did, of course," Kazumi says. "After all, it was brave of her. Do you think you could be?"

Illven
2021-07-22, 12:01 AM
"Come out like she did, of course," Kazumi says. "After all, it was brave of her. Do you think you could be?"

Oh. Well I wouldn't have anything to come out about, so I don't truly know. Unless. would sharing a personal secret count?

Estralita
2021-07-22, 12:05 AM

Yumiko nodded. "Just performing is scary enough, but that.."

Yumiko yelped, and nearly bumped the table again. "Me? Come out? Ohnono! My parents would kill me!"

Amaril
2021-07-22, 07:18 AM
"That sucks," Mayu says to Yumiko, looking sympathetic. "My dad's cool about it, but my mom..."

Lentrax
2021-07-22, 08:31 PM
"Well, whatever you decide to be, just remember that it is not worth it being something you aren't for the sake of someone else."

Eventually, it is time for you to move on. But you can't help but think of the girl with the poetry.

And as the day goes on, you look out the windows of the academy and see the mountain. And it reminds you of the girl with the poetry.

You find the middle of the day coming on faster than you had thought, and with teachers and professors going on about lesson plans and course goals, you find yourself looking forward to lunch. In a very hard way.

Lunch, for you may be one or two hours long, depending on your courseload. And as you get your food, and find somewhere to eat, you see her.

She is sitting beneath a tree. She is eating an apple. She is looking out across the countryside. She is still looking amazing.

As you come near, she turns and smiles at you. "Hello again. How is your day going?"

Unnoposed

Allure D6: You are having a fairly decent day. Better now you can eat. +1 VP
Skill D8: Tell Kazumi a story. +2 VP
Conflict: D6: You are having a terrible day, and you want everyone to know it. +1 VP

Amaril
2021-07-23, 11:12 AM
It's a strange feeling, sitting in a classroom without a uniform. I'll never wear a school uniform again. Mayu tries to get used to the thought. It's liberating, sort of, but mostly, it doesn't feel real yet. She keeps half expecting someone to tell her to go change.

The other girls out of uniform, though, they feel plenty real. As it becomes more and more apparent that today's classes will be pretty much all about going over syllabi, she finds herself paying less attention to the teachers and more to her classmates. So many outfits, many of them not even all that flattering, but Mayu doesn't care--just looking around at them all is a joy. The girl to her right in the burgundy slacks; why did she pick them? Who is she? Does that furrow in her brow mean she's focusing on the professor, or is she off somewhere else entirely?

And then, in the middle of pondering such mysteries, Mayu's gaze wanders past the mountain, out the window, and suddenly the girl in her head is replaced by Kazumi, at her table with her book and her coffee. The table is Kazumi's, of course, it belongs to her. Obviously. So does the tree she's sitting under when Mayu spots her again.

"Ah, pretty boring," Mayu says with a shrug as she sits down. Her athletic wear is gone, replaced by a t-shirt with a geometric print and tight jeans. "Just syllabus stuff, you know how it is. Or, wait--are you a freshman?" She can't recall if Kazumi said. She couldn't look more as if she already belongs here....

Allure, +1 strong attribute.

Illven
2021-07-23, 11:41 PM
Melody plops down next to the two girls, and immediately starts passing out sushi rolls.

Make sure to keep your strength up, you won't be able to learn anything if you're so hungry you can't concentrate! She beams warmly.

strong allure, Yamato Nadeshiko, Practiced grace

Estralita
2021-07-24, 12:34 AM
There was so much going on, Yumiko didn't know how to take it in. First the odd conversation that morning, and that strange, soothing, beautiful girl kept popping into her mind. Then she kept getting lost and arriving late, she spilled all her things on the floor in front of her first class, then there was introductions...

By lunch time, Yumiko was mussed, sweaty, and generally uncomfortable. All Yumiko wanted was to lose herself in the water, but even if there was time, she didn't know where the pool was. Never had she felt more incompetent, gross, and out of place. It was perhaps because of this that she didn't see that tree root. Or the mud puddle, or the group gathered under the tree...

SPLAT!

At this point, all Yumiko could do was whimper. "What else can go wrong today?"

Going for a Luck roll in place of Conflict thanks to Don't Hurt Me.
Luck Strong+1
Fate's Call, +1 because I could have chosen another roll
If allowed, Accident Prone for +2
Total +4 ( or +2)

'

Lentrax
2021-07-26, 09:46 PM
It's a strange feeling, sitting in a classroom without a uniform. I'll never wear a school uniform again. Mayu tries to get used to the thought. It's liberating, sort of, but mostly, it doesn't feel real yet. She keeps half expecting someone to tell her to go change.

The other girls out of uniform, though, they feel plenty real. As it becomes more and more apparent that today's classes will be pretty much all about going over syllabi, she finds herself paying less attention to the teachers and more to her classmates. So many outfits, many of them not even all that flattering, but Mayu doesn't care--just looking around at them all is a joy. The girl to her right in the burgundy slacks; why did she pick them? Who is she? Does that furrow in her brow mean she's focusing on the professor, or is she off somewhere else entirely?

And then, in the middle of pondering such mysteries, Mayu's gaze wanders past the mountain, out the window, and suddenly the girl in her head is replaced by Kazumi, at her table with her book and her coffee. The table is Kazumi's, of course, it belongs to her. Obviously. So does the tree she's sitting under when Mayu spots her again.

"Ah, pretty boring," Mayu says with a shrug as she sits down. Her athletic wear is gone, replaced by a t-shirt with a geometric print and tight jeans. "Just syllabus stuff, you know how it is. Or, wait--are you a freshman?" She can't recall if Kazumi said. She couldn't look more as if she already belongs here....

Allure, +1 strong attribute.

"I am. Though I must say, even with only getting introduced to broad strokes of what is to come, I cannot help but feel a shiver of anticipation. Do you feel it?"

Melody plops down next to the two girls, and immediately starts passing out sushi rolls.

Make sure to keep your strength up, you won't be able to learn anything if you're so hungry you can't concentrate! She beams warmly.

strong allure, Yamato Nadeshiko, Practiced grace

Kazumi accepts the rolls with a dignity that speaks to someone of a high rank accepting a gift from one of her vassals. Or.. maybe that isn't right, but the metaphor seems to fit, you think.

"Why, thank you. I have nothing to repay you with at present. You must allow me to repay the generosity of you sharing your meal with me."

Something in her tone of voice, and in the way she applies the honorifics at all the right places... You don't think she will take a "No."

There was so much going on, Yumiko didn't know how to take it in. First the odd conversation that morning, and that strange, soothing, beautiful girl kept popping into her mind. Then she kept getting lost and arriving late, she spilled all her things on the floor in front of her first class, then there was introductions...

By lunch time, Yumiko was mussed, sweaty, and generally uncomfortable. All Yumiko wanted was to lose herself in the water, but even if there was time, she didn't know where the pool was. Never had she felt more incompetent, gross, and out of place. It was perhaps because of this that she didn't see that tree root. Or the mud puddle, or the group gathered under the tree...

SPLAT!

At this point, all Yumiko could do was whimper. "What else can go wrong today?"

Going for a Luck roll in place of Conflict thanks to Don't Hurt Me.
Luck Strong+1
Fate's Call, +1 because I could have chosen another roll
If allowed, Accident Prone for +2
Total +4 ( or +2)

'

The mud misses Kazumi. Thankfully.

But as you whimper a plea to the heavens, you see a tissue held up above your face.

"Here. For your face, at least. Though you may need to go to the restroom to do a better job at washing up."

Illven
2021-07-26, 09:58 PM
How...how do you intend to repay me? Melody asks her cheeks flushing red.

Amaril
2021-07-26, 10:02 PM
Melody's arrival cuts Mayu off before she can answer Kazumi's question. For a second, she feels strangely...disappointed? Annoyed? A tiny line appears between her brows as she watches Melody start handing out maki. "Wait, when did you--"

Ah, and there's Yumiko...face-first into the mud. Damn, and after the coffee thing, too.... "Whoa, hey, you okay?" Mayu hastens to help her up.

Lentrax
2021-07-26, 10:31 PM
How...how do you intend to repay me? Melody asks her cheeks flushing red.

"With tea, of course," Kazumi says. 'Why? Would you like something else instead?"

Melody's arrival cuts Mayu off before she can answer Kazumi's question. For a second, she feels strangely...disappointed? Annoyed? A tiny line appears between her brows as she watches Melody start handing out maki. "Wait, when did you--"

Ah, and there's Yumiko...face-first into the mud. Damn, and after the coffee thing, too.... "Whoa, hey, you okay?" Mayu hastens to help her up.

Kazumi also is helping, and then she is pulling more tissues from her bag.

Lentrax
2021-07-29, 11:01 PM
The day goes on. You continue to be bored. Or excited. Or distracted.

But you do not see Kazumi again until after your last class for the day is finished. She is walking down the hill the Academy rests atop. As you start to hurry to catch her up, she adjusts the strap on her bag. As she does this, the strap gives out and her bag falls to the ground. She gracefully kneels down to the ground to retrieve her belongings. Incredibly graceful.

You wonder if there is anything this woman does that isn't graceful. But that is neither here nor there. She is losing her things!

Unopposed roll

Allure D7. Put your best foot forward (literally, perhaps) and give Kazumi an eyeful of what you have to offer! +2 VP
Conflict D7. "Hey! That doesn't belong to you!" Recover something someone else picked up. +2 VP
Skill D8. Run to catch something rolling down the hill. +2 VP, and +1 extra for rolling 11 or higher!
Luck D6. Pick up something as the cherry blossoms begin to fall. +1 VP

Illven
2021-07-29, 11:31 PM
That's when Melody started running over to try to aid Kazumi.

But whatever foul energy was causing stuff to break, also affected Melody, And her shirt that she had just repaired, ripped in twain along the seam, Melody already in a run made a sudden move to try and cover her chest, but that only sent her sprawling into another girl, where her long feminine nails tore at the other girl's top.

There was gorgeous curvy Melody, whose current only top was a bra currently on top of a very lovely girl. And a few of the wolf whistles from nearby woman interested individuals made sure that anyone (including Kazumi) would notice.

Red in the face. Melody froze as she realized where she was. Um. Are you alright? I'm so sorry that happened, although really you have nothing to hide. Your body is very enticing. She spills out towards the girl.

Strong allure, Peeping tom, Feminine wiles

Amaril
2021-08-01, 03:41 PM
With classes over, Mayu's just thinking about taking a walk into town when she spots Kazumi again, heading down the hill. Now just where could she be going? The same way as Mayu, perhaps? Well, wouldn't that just be--

Oh. There goes the bag.

"Seems like everybody's having all kinds of accidents today, huh?" she says with a grin as she approaches, bending to retrieve a book that looks important in a way that definitely isn't calculated to present her butt in the tight jeans she's wearing, no ma'am.

Strong Allure, +1 Star Quality (from Melody also rolling Allure).

Estralita
2021-08-03, 01:09 AM
Couldn't Yumiko pull herself together for one minute? The last time she had seen Kazumi, she covered herself in mud, and became so embarrassed she accepted the other girls offers of assistance silently before running off to the bathroom.

But this could be different. This time Kazumi needed help. She could just stroll over and offer assistance, showing she could help instead of just being rescued from her own messes. And then... something!

Oh, but her hair was a mess! Maybe just a quick brush first? But sure enough, in her eagerness, she pulled her hairbrush to quickly and it flew out of her hands. Now she once again was the one crawling on the ground. Even the cherry blossoms couldn't cover how red her face was.

Fate's Call +1 Accident Prone +2, Strong Luck+1

Lentrax
2021-08-03, 09:31 PM
That's when Melody started running over to try to aid Kazumi.

But whatever foul energy was causing stuff to break, also affected Melody, And her shirt that she had just repaired, ripped in twain along the seam, Melody already in a run made a sudden move to try and cover her chest, but that only sent her sprawling into another girl, where her long feminine nails tore at the other girl's top.

There was gorgeous curvy Melody, whose current only top was a bra currently on top of a very lovely girl. And a few of the wolf whistles from nearby woman interested individuals made sure that anyone (including Kazumi) would notice.

Red in the face. Melody froze as she realized where she was. Um. Are you alright? I'm so sorry that happened, although really you have nothing to hide. Your body is very enticing. She spills out towards the girl.

Strong allure, Peeping tom, Feminine wiles

"What the hell!" the girl yells, as her hands come up to cover herself. "Watch where you are going with those things!"

Kazumi merely observes the scene, but you aren't sure if she likes what she is seeing or not.

With classes over, Mayu's just thinking about taking a walk into town when she spots Kazumi again, heading down the hill. Now just where could she be going? The same way as Mayu, perhaps? Well, wouldn't that just be--

Oh. There goes the bag.

"Seems like everybody's having all kinds of accidents today, huh?" she says with a grin as she approaches, bending to retrieve a book that looks important in a way that definitely isn't calculated to present her butt in the tight jeans she's wearing, no ma'am.

Strong Allure, +1 Star Quality (from Melody also rolling Allure).

Kazumi calmly takes the book from you. "Thank you," she says simply as she retrieves a few more small items and then sets about tying the straps together so she can easily carry the bag.

Couldn't Yumiko pull herself together for one minute? The last time she had seen Kazumi, she covered herself in mud, and became so embarrassed she accepted the other girls offers of assistance silently before running off to the bathroom.

But this could be different. This time Kazumi needed help. She could just stroll over and offer assistance, showing she could help instead of just being rescued from her own messes. And then... something!

Oh, but her hair was a mess! Maybe just a quick brush first? But sure enough, in her eagerness, she pulled her hairbrush to quickly and it flew out of her hands. Now she once again was the one crawling on the ground. Even the cherry blossoms couldn't cover how red her face was.

Fate's Call +1 Accident Prone +2, Strong Luck+1

The brush lands on the ground, clattering over towards Kazumi. She turns and picks it up, handing it back to you.

"Here you are. We seem to be having quite a day, aren't we?"

Amaril
2021-08-03, 10:22 PM
Mayu beams. "Don't mention it. You all done with classes? I was gonna head into town, maybe we could--"

Oh, and there's Melody again. Mayu's just about to say hi, when something highly improbable happens before her eyes. For a good few seconds, she just stands there, blinking. "Wha...how does that even..." Well, some kind of weird energy is definitely swirling around today.

Illven
2021-08-04, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Melody physically wrenches her gaze up to the girl's face.

Um, my name's Melody what's yours?

Estralita
2021-08-05, 01:05 AM
Yumiko hadn't thought her face could get any redder, but then... that happened.

It showed how affected Yumiko was that it took her a few seconds to realized she was talking to her. "Oh! Uh, well, not just me. I saw you having trouble with your bag, and I, uh, have some experience with mishaps like that and I thought maybe you could use some help. But you handled it by yourself, and then, well you saw..."

Trailing off, Yumiko accepted her brush and started using it, piling her hair to hide her face as she did so.

Lentrax
2021-08-05, 09:38 PM
Mayu beams. "Don't mention it. You all done with classes? I was gonna head into town, maybe we could--"

Oh, and there's Melody again. Mayu's just about to say hi, when something highly improbable happens before her eyes. For a good few seconds, she just stands there, blinking. "Wha...how does that even..." Well, some kind of weird energy is definitely swirling around today.

The entire scene does not seem to faze Kazumi in the least. She is taking everything in stride, and when you cut off due to the... situation... she just carries on.

"Yes. I was heading into town. I was thinking of getting something to eat and then going home. Why?"

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Melody physically wrenches her gaze up to the girl's face.

Um, my name's Melody what's yours?

"Really? You are going to tear off my shirt and then just ask my name!? Like nothing's happened!?"

It is at this point that Kazumi walks over. She has taken off her coat and draped it over the girls shoulders, but it does not appear to be large enough to do much help. The girl takes it and at least uses it to cover her chest. "Thank you," she mumbles.

Yumiko hadn't thought her face could get any redder, but then... that happened.

It showed how affected Yumiko was that it took her a few seconds to realized she was talking to her. "Oh! Uh, well, not just me. I saw you having trouble with your bag, and I, uh, have some experience with mishaps like that and I thought maybe you could use some help. But you handled it by yourself, and then, well you saw..."

Trailing off, Yumiko accepted her brush and started using it, piling her hair to hide her face as she did so.

"Don't feel bad. We all need some help some help sometimes. After all. Look at what happened to that poor girl over there. Losing her shirt like that."

Estralita
2021-08-05, 10:46 PM
Yumiko had been so... distracted by Melody's situation she didn't take full notice of the other girls reaction. But as the girl spoke, she drew Yumiko's focus.

She recognized the deep mortification the girl was feeling. It was one she had suffered many of times before. Not this exact situation, but others like it. And so many had stood by and laughed. Or jeered. Or done nothing except stare and make her feel small. And then it occurred to her.

"Oh!" I have a change of clothes! Or at least, I have my swimsuit! I can wear it with my shorts, and you can wear my shirt! It should fit you!"

Maybe it was Kazumi's such instinctual kindness that spurred Yumiko to copy her, or Yumiko's own desire to swoop in and be someone's savior.

Maybe it was her having such a terrible day, and wanting to get something good out of it.

Yumiko didn't know herself. Just that she did it. And she was glad. Then reality hit.

"I mean, if you want to. It could be weird, wearing a stranger's clothes. I-I mean, I don't think you're weird. I don't know you. I'm Kato Yumiko, by the way. You don't have to give your name. And I wasn't looking when the thing happened! I just thought..."

Illven
2021-08-06, 01:49 PM
I mean I could also make you dinner if you want, I'm a really great cook. Melody says red in the face, and not quite realizing how much that might sound as a come on.

Lentrax
2021-08-06, 09:58 PM
Yumiko had been so... distracted by Melody's situation she didn't take full notice of the other girls reaction. But as the girl spoke, she drew Yumiko's focus.

She recognized the deep mortification the girl was feeling. It was one she had suffered many of times before. Not this exact situation, but others like it. And so many had stood by and laughed. Or jeered. Or done nothing except stare and make her feel small. And then it occurred to her.

"Oh!" I have a change of clothes! Or at least, I have my swimsuit! I can wear it with my shorts, and you can wear my shirt! It should fit you!"

Maybe it was Kazumi's such instinctual kindness that spurred Yumiko to copy her, or Yumiko's own desire to swoop in and be someone's savior.

Maybe it was her having such a terrible day, and wanting to get something good out of it.

Yumiko didn't know herself. Just that she did it. And she was glad. Then reality hit.

"I mean, if you want to. It could be weird, wearing a stranger's clothes. I-I mean, I don't think you're weird. I don't know you. I'm Kato Yumiko, by the way. You don't have to give your name. And I wasn't looking when the thing happened! I just thought..."

"No. Thank you. I think I will just use this to cover myself with. And then I will return it to the girl who lent it to me. But thank you for your offer."

She bows to you.

I mean I could also make you dinner if you want, I'm a really great cook. Melody says red in the face, and not quite realizing how much that might sound as a come on.

"Oh my God! Are you still trying to be my friend? Leave me alone!"

She starts leaving, holding Kazumi's jacket over her chest to preserve what modesty she can.

Kazumi then puts a hand on Melody's shoulder. "I think perhaps we should leave it here. You can do nothing to help, and, in fact, are making them worse."

Illven
2021-08-06, 10:06 PM
You're probably right... Melody admits sadly.

Amaril
2021-08-06, 10:16 PM
Well, that's just sad to see. "Hey, c'mon," Mayu says softly, putting a hand on Melody's other shoulder. "Accidents happen. To everybody, today, it seems like."

Her expression brightens. "Hey, since it seems like we're destined to keep running into each other, how about we all get dinner?" Truth be told, she'd been hoping to get Kazumi alone, but that can wait.

Illven
2021-08-06, 11:24 PM
Well, that's just sad to see. "Hey, c'mon," Mayu says softly, putting a hand on Melody's other shoulder. "Accidents happen. To everybody, today, it seems like."

Her expression brightens. "Hey, since it seems like we're destined to keep running into each other, how about we all get dinner?" Truth be told, she'd been hoping to get Kazumi alone, but that can wait.

Sure, I'd love to make you dinner~ Melody beams warmly~

Amaril
2021-08-07, 11:01 PM
"Oh...that's really sweet of you," Mayu says to Melody. She's smiling, but the way she says it sounds a little like someone addressing an overeager child. "But, uh, I meant, like, at a restaurant."

Illven
2021-08-07, 11:43 PM
"Oh...that's really sweet of you," Mayu says to Melody. She's smiling, but the way she says it sounds a little like someone addressing an overeager child. "But, uh, I meant, like, at a restaurant."

Oh please, I cook much better then any restaurant we could get into right now. Melody says confidently.

Lentrax
2021-08-07, 11:48 PM
Kazumi watches the half naked girl as she continues down the hill.

Oh please, I cook much better then any restaurant we could get into right now. Melody says confidently.

At hearing this exchange, she turns to Melody. "And how can you be so confident about that? Have you been to every restaurant in the city?"

Estralita
2021-08-08, 01:05 PM
Yumiko stood silent, as she so often tried, while the other girls talked of dinner. Her father's warning to not get involved with the wrong kind of people echoed in her head. But he wasn't here. And she was.

All assuming she was invited, of course.

"Dinner? Do-do you mean all of us?"

Amaril
2021-08-08, 01:07 PM
Mayu hasn't been looking at anyone but Kazumi, but she turns to Yumiko now, the picture of welcome. "I mean, yeah, if you wanna come."

Illven
2021-08-08, 10:41 PM
Kazumi watches the half naked girl as she continues down the hill.

At hearing this exchange, she turns to Melody. "And how can you be so confident about that? Have you been to every restaurant in the city?"

Try me~ She practically purred with a smug grin.

Yumiko stood silent, as she so often tried, while the other girls talked of dinner. Her father's warning to not get involved with the wrong kind of people echoed in her head. But he wasn't here. And she was.

All assuming she was invited, of course.

"Dinner? Do-do you mean all of us?"

Of course you can come. If you want to that is~ Melody grins

Lentrax
2021-08-12, 11:52 PM
"Dinner it is then."

And so, now comes the time to figure out what you are going to do? Do you take the lovely and demure Kazumi home?

Or do you take her out? (To dinner.)

Opposed Roll!

The highest Allure or Conflict roll determines the location for your dinner. And gains 1 VP.

Estralita
2021-08-13, 12:18 AM
"Well I-I-I..."

Opposed Conflict, with a -1 penalty!

Amaril
2021-08-13, 08:13 AM
"Melody, really," Mayu protests, "I'd feel like a jerk if you had to cook for all of us on short notice 'cause of me. Why don't we go out tonight, and you can make dinner some other night?"

Strong Allure, +1 Stage Presence. Add another +1 for Star Quality if Melody also rolls Allure.

Illven
2021-08-15, 10:23 PM
Aw, trust me it's no problem at all. I'm quite a skilled cook, and four people is no problem at all!

Strong allure, and possibly Yamato Nadeshiko

Lentrax
2021-08-16, 11:39 PM
"Well I-I-I..."

Opposed Conflict, with a -1 penalty!

"Melody, really," Mayu protests, "I'd feel like a jerk if you had to cook for all of us on short notice 'cause of me. Why don't we go out tonight, and you can make dinner some other night?"

Strong Allure, +1 Stage Presence. Add another +1 for Star Quality if Melody also rolls Allure.

Aw, trust me it's no problem at all. I'm quite a skilled cook, and four people is no problem at all!

Strong allure, and possibly Yamato Nadeshiko

"If it is her wish to cook for us all," Kazumi says. "Who are we to deny her her passion?"

Illven
2021-08-17, 11:30 PM
So I'd be tempted to cook you all an American meal, like my dad showed me. But that's alittle bit heavy and I'm not sure how well you'd tolerate it. Melody starts as you enter the house.

So we'll start with fish tacos. Which aren't necessarily American, but they are still so good~ Lemon baked Salmon~ mmm. She beams happily.

As she shows you around, it's crystal clear. Melody's areas are covered in pictures of pretty girls.

Amaril
2021-08-19, 08:58 PM
"That sounds awesome," Mayu says to the tacos, grinning. "And I just realized I totally forgot to mention I'm pescatarian, so glad that works out."

"Pardon my intrusion." The apartment looks...well, Mayu doesn't really know enough about Melody yet to judge, but it's pretty much exactly what she expected. Except for all the girlie pictures. Didn't Melody say she was straight? "Nice place," Mayu says in front of one of the more prominent ones. "Very cute." She can't resist a sly glance at their hostess.

"Can I help with dinner at all? I can, uh...pretty much cook. Sort of."

Illven
2021-08-19, 11:07 PM
"That sounds awesome," Mayu says to the tacos, grinning. "And I just realized I totally forgot to mention I'm pescatarian, so glad that works out."

"Pardon my intrusion." The apartment looks...well, Mayu doesn't really know enough about Melody yet to judge, but it's pretty much exactly what she expected. Except for all the girlie pictures. Didn't Melody say she was straight? "Nice place," Mayu says in front of one of the more prominent ones. "Very cute." She can't resist a sly glance at their hostess.

"Can I help with dinner at all? I can, uh...pretty much cook. Sort of."

Oh, that's on me, I should have asked beforehand. Does anyone else have any dietary preferences or needs before I start cooking? Melody says apologetically.

Thank you~ She squeals at Mayu's comment wrapping her up in a side hug that left the side of Mayu's face against Melody's chest. She's so brave and courageous, it's like a reminder each day to go out and seize it!

And no, you may not help. It'd be the height of rudeness to expect you to help. Go and watch tv, or play a game.

Estralita
2021-08-20, 01:29 AM
Yumiko's day had continued to be one large mess, starting with her first ever Fujiyoka Academy swimming practice running long. And afterwards... Yumiko didn't want to think about afterwards.

And because of all that, she was heading to a nice dinner wearing a faded skirt and a ragged jacket with a broken zipper attempting to cover her still damp swimsuit. And while Melody's decor was quite nice, there were too many places it would be embarrassing to be caught staring. So she was standing in the back, arms crossed over her chest to keep her jacket closed and avoiding eye contact. Almost enough to wish she hadn't barged in on this outing, or had called in her regrets.

But she was here. She had already seen her in various mishaps and shown Yumiko nothing but kindness. If Yumiko didn't come, would she ever see Orioko-san again?

Melody's description of their meal did draw Yumiko's attention. She hadn't had much exposure to American food, and none to... fish tacos, was it?

When Melody invited them to entertain themselves, Yumiko stayed where she was, waiting to see what Orioko-san would do.

Amaril
2021-08-20, 08:24 AM
"Alright, if you're sure," Mayu relents. Browsing the gaming setup, she doesn't have much hope of finding anything she recognizes--she's never been too into that stuff. One title, however, makes her light up. "Oh man, you have Just Dance? Guys, come play this with me!" Holding up the box, she shows it to Yumiko and Kazumi, bouncing on the balls of her feet like a kid in a candy store.

Dancing is fine. Lots of people can dance. Hirano Mayu can dance. Just as long as she doesn't have to sing.

Illven
2021-08-20, 11:37 AM
"Alright, if you're sure," Mayu relents. Browsing the gaming setup, she doesn't have much hope of finding anything she recognizes--she's never been too into that stuff. One title, however, makes her light up. "Oh man, you have Just Dance? Guys, come play this with me!" Holding up the box, she shows it to Yumiko and Kazumi, bouncing on the balls of her feet like a kid in a candy store.

Dancing is fine. Lots of people can dance. Hirano Mayu can dance. Just as long as she doesn't have to sing.

Melody whose eyes keep flicking over to Yumiko's chest clothing malfunction smiles at the girls.

Oooo, have fun. I'll try to pop in as much as I'm able~

Lentrax
2021-08-21, 10:00 PM
When invited to play, Kazumi just smiles.

"No, thank you. I will enjoy more watching. I do not.... enjoy dancing."

It is just as things are getting good, Mayu, her former life background lending her an ability to nail just about every piece of choreography the game can offer, is a few moments away from hitting the top score on a remix of Luka luka Night Fever, when the door opens, and Melody's father walks in.

"Melody? Are you cooking? That's good, because I didn't stop for anything on my way... oh."

The man stops in the middle of putting his house shoes on. He sees the array of other shoes in the entryway, and realizes there is company over.

"Melody? You really should have let me know you were having friends over. I could have stayed out so... so I would not embarrass you."

Illven
2021-08-21, 10:09 PM
When invited to play, Kazumi just smiles.

"No, thank you. I will enjoy more watching. I do not.... enjoy dancing."

It is just as things are getting good, Mayu, her former life background lending her an ability to nail just about every piece of choreography the game can offer, is a few moments away from hitting the top score on a remix of Luka luka Night Fever, when the door opens, and Melody's father walks in.

"Melody? Are you cooking? That's good, because I didn't stop for anything on my way... oh."

The man stops in the middle of putting his house shoes on. He sees the array of other shoes in the entryway, and realizes there is company over.

"Melody? You really should have let me know you were having friends over. I could have stayed out so... so I would not embarrass you."

Aw, dad. You could never embarrass me! Melody smiles, taking a moment away from the stove to give him a hug.

Estralita
2021-08-21, 10:39 PM
Even under ideal circumstances, Yumiko would not be thrilled about dancing. Under current circumstances... just no.

That being said, Yumiko didn't want to make waves, so she silently sat down next to Orioko-san, and hoped no one noticed her.

When Melody's father arrived, Yumiko shrunk down even further in her seat.

Amaril
2021-08-22, 06:18 AM
Mayu gives a slight bow to Melody's dad. "Sorry for intruding, Mr.--" She cuts off, looking uncertainly at Melody. "Wait a second, is Melody your surname or your given name?"

Illven
2021-08-22, 11:20 AM
Mayu gives a slight bow to Melody's dad. "Sorry for intruding, Mr.--" She cuts off, looking uncertainly at Melody. "Wait a second, is Melody your surname or your given name?"

Melody's my given name. Miller's my surname. She chuckles warmly.

Amaril
2021-08-22, 11:37 AM
Mayu nods. "So you want us to call you by your given name?"

Illven
2021-08-22, 02:29 PM
Mayu nods. "So you want us to call you by your given name?"

"Sure, we're friends, right?" Melody beams warmly.

Amaril
2021-08-22, 03:03 PM
Mayu's not sure how she'd feel about that if Melody weren't American, but she can handle it. "Fair enough. In that case, you can call me Mayu, too." She gives Kazumi and Yumiko a smile to signal the same goes for them.

Illven
2021-08-24, 05:40 PM
Mayu's not sure how she'd feel about that if Melody weren't American, but she can handle it. "Fair enough. In that case, you can call me Mayu, too." She gives Kazumi and Yumiko a smile to signal the same goes for them.

"Well then, Hello, Mayu~" Melody beams with a warm curtsey.

Lentrax
2021-08-27, 10:58 PM
However the rest of your night goes, you part and go home (if you weren't already there).

The rest of your first week goes by, and it comes to your first Saturday half day of the year. Whether you have a class or not, there are always the clubs! And since this is the first weekend of the year, it means that the clubs will be recruiting!

Do you sign up with one? OR just follow a certain someone and go wherever they do?

Unnopposed Roll!

Allure D7: Convince Kazumi to join a club with you! +2 VP
Skill D7: Use your wits and maneuver her into the club of your choice! +2 VP

Luck D5: I didn't even want to join a club, but here we are. +1 VP

Illven
2021-09-01, 12:18 AM
Melody bopped on over to Kazumi.

Kazumi, Kazumi! Everyone's offering me alot of things to join their clubs. They might have little crushes on me. She giggles amused.

I was thinking of joining the cooking club, take my skills up another notch, it'd really help with my soup kitchens. What do you say?

Strong allure, Feminine wiles.

Estralita
2021-09-01, 01:30 AM
After that long, very up and down day, Yumiko was glad to be done. She continued through the week somehow, determined the next time she met Orioko-san, she would do so in a composed and dignified way.

But her life somehow never worked out exactly how she expected. And as her sempais in the club firmly reminded her. Yumiko wasn't at the academy to fool around. She was here to swim. And help the Swimming club. So here she was, wearing a bikini top and short shorts, handing out fliers. And there she was, along with Melody. And Yumiko found herself approaching them

"M-might I suggest sw-swimming?"

Allure, combining Natural Swimmer with Cute Stutter for a +4

Amaril
2021-09-01, 10:06 AM
Another day, another morning run around campus for Mayu. The past few days, she's been putting in extra effort, adding on more distance. She needs to get back in shape: club signup is today, and she needs to be ready if she plans on joining track again.

Back at the dorm entrance, she's finishing up her route, checking her pulse, when who should come by but Kazumi? Mayu gives her a wave with her free hand. As usual for this time of the morning, she's still in her workout clothes, leggings and sports bra like that morning they first met, flushed and glowing with energy.

"Hey, Orioko-san!" she calls out. "I've been meaning to ask, are you a runner? I was planning on signing up for track, and I was kinda hoping I could convince you to join me." She gives Kazumi her most charming smile. She hasn't been subtle with her flirting these past few days, but if Kazumi's noticed, she's given absolutely no sign. It's honestly starting to get a bit frustrating...but then, a little challenge is always fun.

Strong Allure, +1 Star Quality, +2 Runner's Glow. +4 total.