PDA

View Full Version : How many wands of lesser would you bring to a megadungeon like Rappan Athuk?

Arparrabiosa
2021-07-15, 01:57 PM
I'm joining an ongoing Rappan Atuk pbp game soon (Evil party). I'll be joining a fighter and a warlock. I don't expect them to be very optimized so I went for an anthropomorphic bat druid 9 wild shaped into a desmodu bat with a horrid bat companion, full CC and greenbound summoning to try to keep them alive in combat.

I'll try to trigger traps with wood wose and low level animals and bring enough healing with some wands of lesser vigor. The problem is: how many would you bring into a megadungeon like this? I'm unsure if I will be able to buy more wands.

Vizzerdrix
2021-07-15, 02:25 PM
2 or 3 would be enough, with 3 or 4 healing belts (swap them out as you use them up) for emergency healing.

Xervous
2021-07-15, 02:52 PM
Without spoiling much, health damage should be able to be addressed by just a few wands. Though you’ll need immunities or good dice rolls past certain mileposts.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-07-15, 02:58 PM
If you can, find a way to take Craft Wand, either innately or with a way to craft them through someone else's feats (such as cooperative crafting with an artificer or a wizard who has the feat).

Also, talk to the party beforehand and ask them to chip in for a healing budget. You shouldn't have to use your resources alone to keep the whole party topped up.

You might also want to consider getting an animal companion with access to the Draconic Aura: Vigor feat. All allies in a radius gets fast healing 1 while below half hp. It'd save a lot of charges in the long run.

I know psionics has a way to store powers for later use (the soul crystal power). Do druids get something similar? Even a handful of spell storing saps could be incredibly useful in the long run.