PDA

View Full Version : What is a harengon?

Protolisk
2021-07-16, 08:33 AM
There was a new leak for the Witchlight book, which gave out a "proper" name for the Rabbitfolk from the UA: harengon.

Except, I've never heard of a harengon before. It's not a myth I know of, and a quick internet search comes up with nothing.

Does anyone know what a harengon is, outside of this book?

Abracadangit
2021-07-16, 08:43 AM
"Here and gone," but with "hare" in place of "hear," I guess? Maybe they'll have a propensity for mobility and/or running away, to tie in with a pun?

That's all I got.

Chronos
2021-07-16, 08:45 AM
When Bugs Bunny shows up, he's a hare.

When he sees that Elmer Fudd is getting too close with his shots, he's a hare... and gone.

PhantomSoul
2021-07-16, 10:03 AM
A name that means "this can be proprietary"? :P

RogueJK
2021-07-16, 10:11 AM
A name that means "this can be proprietary"? :P

Yep. Maybe all the good Rabbitfolk names are already copyrighted. :smallbiggrin:

micahaphone
2021-07-16, 10:18 AM
Just like how the incredibly generic name "space marines" became "adeptus astartes" because faux latin is easier to copyright and claim a unique name in court.

Willie the Duck
2021-07-16, 10:31 AM
"Here and gone," but with "hare" in place of "hear," I guess? Maybe they'll have a propensity for mobility and/or running away, to tie in with a pun?

That's all I got.

Really bad rabbit puns and dad-jokes are always warren-ted. :smalltongue:
If you're a rabbit, that joke really gets you where you live, doesn't it?

KorvinStarmast
2021-07-16, 09:34 PM
Really bad rabbit puns and dad-jokes are always warren-ted. :smalltongue:
If you're a rabbit, that joke really gets you where you live, doesn't it? The obligatory groan erupted from my lips. My neighbor Peter Abbot really felt this one.

LudicSavant
2021-07-16, 09:52 PM
Google suggests that it's a fan-made rabbit Pokemon. (https://www.deviantart.com/kotaspumquat/art/Harengon-881560730)

The creator of said Fakemon says the origin of the name is

Name Origin: Hare + here and gone. I was really proud of this name
Designers: Stalker designed the face, I designed the body
Design: Harengon's line was a design i was never really happy with. But in doing this sprite, I think I'm settled on a look for now. Again, in-game we will be using HiIamBarry's starter sprites, but in my gallery I'm using my old grody ones.