PDA

View Full Version : Rod of Passage

Lady Tialait
2007-11-14, 03:23 PM
I recall having a Rod of Passage when my Dad used to DM 2nd Ed. for me and his feinds. I will give the Basics ofwhat I remember of it. See if we can't flesh this little sucker out.

Rod of Passage
The Rod of passage is a 3 foot long thin Rod with keys etched into it. on one end is a small cyrstal that glows whenever in use.

Activation: Speak a Command word for each of it's differnt funtions.

Uses:

By pressing it on any lock it acts like the spell 'Knock'
By tapping it on the ground it can act as 'Greater Teleport'
By holding out before you can use it as the 'Passwall'
by holding Vertically against yourself it acts as 'Phase Door'
By Spinning it rapidly it acts as 'Deminion door'

All the ablitiys as i remember act as if the person is casting them..so CL is = to Charitor level. It was on my fighter so no spell completion. My dad was infamous for createing new wear stuff but I really did enjoy this item..help me flesh it out hmmm?

TheLogman
2007-11-14, 03:52 PM
It could glow in the presence of a secret door or a trap door. Otherwise, I don't know what you want, do you mean like the cost?

Lady Tialait
2007-11-14, 04:05 PM
Price would be good one for...Secrete doors would fit not Traps.
I'm Really bad at makeing Magical Items..A proper price for this would most likly help me out.

Arbitrarity
2007-11-14, 04:16 PM
376650 gold for the entire thing, effects-wise.
That puts it into epic, for X10 price multiplier, so it needs some limitations. As it is, it's really, really powerful.

DracoDei
2007-11-14, 04:25 PM
Charges per day, or uses per day for each ability would be the most obvious choices.

Lady Tialait
2007-11-14, 04:26 PM
Sounds about right..sadly. Alright let's get this thing for 3rd ed. to under 200,000gp I don't wanna be having this NPC (My old charitor is about to meet up with a newer party) having an Epic Item at level 15..