PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to get spiritual weapon onto Eldritch knight??

animewatcha
2021-07-24, 10:40 PM
Asking DM to be nice aside...Is there a race or feat that would allow a level 20 eldritch knight (all fighter levels) to be able to cast spiritual weapon?

Greywander
2021-07-24, 11:16 PM
Hmm, I'm not aware of a way to get it RAW. But there are some small tweaks you could make without creating a brand new race or feat from scratch.

Several races get innate spellcasting, which usually includes one cantrip, one 1st level spell when they reach 3rd level, and one 2nd level spell when they reach 5th level. Convince the DM to let you customize your innate spellcasting, and you could get Spiritual Weapon that way. Tiefling is a good option for this, as the tiefling already has a number of variants that get different spells.

The feats Fey Touched and Shadow Touched suggest that one could homebrew similar feats based off of different spells. For example, you could have a "War Touched" feat that gives you Spiritual Weapon and a 1st level evocation or abjuration spell of your choice.

Aside from that, nothing is coming to mind. Maybe a magic item would let you do it. I did already check both Ravnica backgrounds and Dragonmarked races, and no dice.

RogueJK
2021-07-24, 11:17 PM
No.

There are only a few feats that grant access to additional 2nd level spells (like Fey Touched, Shadow Touched, and Wood Elf Magic), but none of those feats will allow you to gain Spiritual Weapon.

And there are no races that get racial Spiritual Weapon, either as innate spellcasting or on expanded spell lists (like the Dragonmark racial variants).

Kuulvheysoon
2021-07-24, 11:24 PM
Issue is that spiritual weapon is one of the best spells for that 2nd level slot. Heck, it's one of the best spells period, especially on a class that has little use of it's BA.

On the other hand, it sounds like it might be a 20th level game? In that case, you're a Fighter. It should be fine to straight up add it. It's not like you're a Wizard of a Cleric.

Xihirli
2021-07-24, 11:50 PM
Ah, no, there is not.

By design, I'd assume.

CMCC
2021-07-25, 12:50 AM
Ravnica backgrounds grant some powerful spells - including spirit guardians - but not that one unfortunately.

RSP
2021-07-25, 03:14 AM
Ring of Spell Storing for limited uses.