PDA

View Full Version : The silver stars of the Eclipsing Moon (Chapter 2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Maryring
2007-11-14, 04:21 PM
The Silver Stars
of the Eclipsing Moon
Chapter 2.

The wolves:
Bronsk the spirit shaman (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=3960)
Lisaa the ranger (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1528)
Karl the sorcerer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42330)
Varek the thug (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=15586)

"Sometimes, evil must be done, in order to benefit the greater good. I am aware of that, and willing to make that sacrifice to stain my soul, the question is, are you?"

The journey to the small village of Fordicia is rather uneventful. The food they have bought is more than enough to last them through the journey. Through Ruby Temple with all the scents and sights of the grand city, past all the smaller farming villages that supply the vast country and it's economy, to the small town of Fordicia, hidden away in a corner of the Sotonian plains. Fordicia is surrounded by a forest. The forest is not very big, but it is big enough to hide the village from view if one would watch it from the outside. Once through the forest, the group can see a small hamlet. There are only a cluster of houses, about 30 of them in total. The outermost have a few small fields of golden oats and wheat, and there are a few orchards growing next to some of the other houses. Walking through the city reveals that in here lives a lumberjack, and a hunter. The village even has a small cultural house, that serves as a library, a church and a gathering place for social events. Although there is no real inn at the city, both the home of the major, and the cultural house offers a free place to stay for the night for weary adventurers. Not far from these two houses that make up the center of the village are two wells. One new and one very old. The new, open one is bustling with women who use it to bring up water while sharing the latest gossip. The old one, which is closed by a heavy stoneslab, seems to be the favoured tag spot for children playing tag "Hide and Seek". It is near these two wells that the next chapter begins.

Ozzy_G
2007-11-16, 05:02 PM
Karl dusts himself down, pleased that they have finally reached their destination.
After seeing the "Cultural House", he points it out to his companions. We need to find out why Ami was here, and that seems like the best place to research it.

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-16, 09:58 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods sagely, stroking the whiskery beginnings of a beard sprouting from his chin.
"Yes, of course. I wonder at thiz place though...It seems familiar to me..."

Amiria
2007-11-17, 07:59 AM
Lisaa

"Really ? Maybe you saw it in some dream or vision ?", asks Lisaa and stretches herself.

Lycar
2007-11-17, 11:20 AM
Varek had been very quiet the last few days. He was grateful for the journey being uneventful, as this gave him time to think and contemplate.

He had been taking off the bag he had 'inherited' from his mother, gazing at it, turning it around in his hands but not yet worked up the courage to open it. It did not feel like containing a letter, last words from a mother he never knew. But as long as he didn't look....

What was he doing, travelling with 3 werewolves anyway? Not to mention that he, himself, was a werewolf. A monster ? It would depend on who you ask probably. He didn't consider himself a monster, but the others ? Bronsk seemed decent enough and the fact the he was a healer would indicate that he was a good man. Werewolf. Whatever. Then again it was still possible that that Vakri guy really was some kind of spirit posessing Bronsk at times and ... changing him. So that would mean that Bronks wouldn't be a 'proper' werewolf at all....

Lisaa was an elf. And a werewolf. But he didn't really know much about elves to really read her. Or werewolves for that matter. But at least she had not threatened him. That should count for something, right ?

That left Karl. He was a sorcerer or something, wasn't he ? Everybody knows that sorcerers are evil, right ? And Varek all too well remembered Karl's threats. But then again, back then Karl had been facing someone (or rather at this point even, something) that had just brutally killed people. Sure, it was just self defense, justified and all, but Karl didn't know that then... and he did accept his explanation. Still, sorcerors are.... off.

(*sigh* I'm one to talk..... i can turn myself into a wolf for all i know. Not that it did come up.... maybe it's for the best. After all, the others didn't change either. Strange... Karl always seems to consider himself to be cursed..)

But then he got interrupted in his musings as they finally reached their destination.

He looked around, taking in the sights and sounds of the small village.

(He, this place is smaller then our territory in the city was...)

"So this is the place then? Hem, i don't know about dreams. Mostly i don't remember them after i wake up."

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-17, 09:49 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk laughs again.
"Well, I don't know. It may be just that I have been through many towns buried in woods. Hyu can ask the people about the records, maybe, but I'm looking ahead to practicing my craft again! I can meet you later, or maybe you can drop by."
He taps a leathery finger on the healer's patch on his sleeve, and then begins strolling for the mayor's house.
I should introduce myself. A good doctor is always welcome.

Maryring
2007-11-18, 05:19 AM
The home of the major is the third largest house in the hamlet. Unlike most of the other houses, this building is made mostly out of stone and supported by wooden beams. The walls have a colour reminiscent of chalk white. The roof is patched with roof tiles, rather than the straw which most buildings have, and each wall has six windows inlaid with glass and divided in two layers, indicating a second floor to the building. The exception to that rule is the wall facing towards the center of the town, where one of the windows are replaced with a wooden door made of oak wood. When Bronsk knocks on the door, he is greeted by a tall, young maiden with rather fair skin, brown and long, goldenbrown hair. She is wearing a one-piece dress coloured yellow and white, and around her neck hangs a steel necklace with the rainbow symbol of Iris.

"Good evening stranger." She says with a warm, gentle smile.

Lycar
2007-11-18, 10:53 AM
Looking between Lisaa and Karl on one side and Bronsk, as he walks off, Varek says "Uhm.. i don't think i'd be much use in a library. Maybe i better go with Bronsk. Maybe he could use some help. Maybe i can talk to people or so.."

"Hey Bronsk, wait for me !"

Varek goes to follow Bronsk to the mayor's house.

Lycar

Amiria
2007-11-18, 05:27 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa watches Varek walk away and whispers to Karl. "So many maybes but he still seems somehow determined. I bet he changed his mind when saw that girl over there at the door." She smiles and walks towards the cultural house. "Well, let's see if we are of any use in a library."

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-18, 06:44 PM
Bronsk
The young healer gapes for a moment at the vision of beauty in front of him, his pointed chin nearly scraping the turf below.
As if kicked by some invisible, more tactful presence, Bronsk jumps a little and smiles awkwardly.
"H-hello. My name iz Bronsk. and I am healer, traveling. I hoped hyu could...let people know I am here? and that I can see to sick soon?"

Ozzy_G
2007-11-18, 06:50 PM
Karl chuckles. Heh, I guess you're right. He watches Varek with a sad look that clashes with his chuckle, then shakes his head slightly, unconsciously. Okay, let's go and have a look at this place that might have the records.

Lycar
2007-11-19, 01:32 AM
Varek approaches Bronsk and the woman.

"Hi, i'm Varek, im with him. Helping and stuff." he says with a smile.

Lycar

Maryring
2007-11-19, 04:02 PM
"Ah, wait here stranger. I will go and get the major for you." The maiden says and turns around. "Father? There are two people here who would like to speak to you." A male voice shouts an unintelligible response, and the maiden turns to Bronsk and Varek again. "Father will be along shortly. I am sure he can help you more than I can." With a gentle nod at the two guests, she leaves the door half open, and the healer and the street urchin can hear a muffled conversation between the maiden and what must be a slightly elderly man. A few moments later, the door is opened wide again by a man that, while not old, has gotten a few gray hairs here and there. He has a friendly expression, and is of average heigh. He wears a simple brown vest over a white shirt, and has a pair of black pants. "Ah, good evening healers. How may I help you?"

Meanwhile, Lisaa and Karl make their way towards the library. Opening it, they see two children in their teens, a male and a female, placing books into the bookshelves of the rather small library. The male, a blonde wearing a blue tunic and brown pants, is standing on a ladder leaning against the second closest bookshelf, while the female is a brunette, with a white tunic and brown pants. Upon entering the building, the two teens turn to face the guests, a friendly smile displayed on their features. "Greetings strangers. May we help you?" The male asks as he places a book into the bookshelf.

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-19, 06:26 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk grins sheepishly aside to Varek as the Major's daughter goes in search of her father. He straightens up a little as the major approaches, and brushes a few pine needles from his hair hastily.
He smiles. "The question iz, how can we help hyu? My name iz Bronsk Siefsson, and this is my friend Varek. We may be in town a few days, and if anyone needs care or help here, then I can help!"

Lycar
2007-11-20, 01:29 AM
As the mayor greets him as a healer too, Varek raises his hands and says with a smile "Oh no, i'm not a healer, i'm just helping out is all.".

"But i'm not adverse to learning." he adds after a moment of thought.

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2007-11-20, 09:50 AM
Greetings, says Karl, bowing his head slightly.
I'm a historian who's just arrived, and I was wandering whether this, uh, "cultural house" as it is called, contains records of this settlement's history?

Maryring
2007-11-20, 03:44 PM
"Ah, right right. Well, Bronsk and Varek wasn't it? Why don't you come in and join us for dinner, and we can discuss matters there. I am sure there would be many who would be grateful for the help of a healer. But do come in." He says as he beckons for Bronsk and Varek to follow him into the building.

Meanwhile, in the library, the boy jumps down from the ladder and approaches Karl. "Records. We should have them. Follow me, and I'll show you where they are."

Lycar
2007-11-20, 05:01 PM
"He thanks ! We're happy to join you for dinner, right Bronsk ?"

Varkek beams broadly and nudges Bronsk. Incidentially, he just manages to cover up the sound of his stomach expressing it's excitement at the prospect of food.

Lycar

Amiria
2007-11-20, 05:26 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa follows the boy. "We are looking for information about someone who visited this village a long time ago.", she says. "Oh, I'm Lisaa, and this is Karl."

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-20, 06:14 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk hesitates for only a moment.
"Hyu are very kind, thanks to hyu."
Doffing an imaginary hat, Bronsk steps over the threshold and enters the house.
Such friendly people! Who would have thought it...Nowhere before have I seen such warm welcome for strangers.
Nowhere? Vakri adds.
Bronsk pauses in mid-stride, thinking.
Yes... nowhere. Is that a little troubling?
Vakri is silent.

Maryring
2007-11-22, 02:57 AM
The mayor leads Varek and Bronsk through the hall, a small sized room with walls painted in a soft pastel pink, into a spacious living room. The room is painted in a soft blue colour, and a plush woven carpet adorns the floor. The room is furnished with several sconces holding unlit wax candles, a rather large square table in the middle of the room, a smaller circular table in the corner of the room, several wooden chairs with comfortable seats and a lime-green couch. "Please, take a seat." The mayor says as he sits down on one of the chairs. "The dinner should be finished soon, and meanwhile, I would love to hear why you've come here and how long you plan on staying. We don't often receive guests here."

The boy leads Karl and Lisaa past several bookshelves to a closed wooden door. Upon arrival, he tries to open it, but notices that it's locked. He checks his pockets for a key, but he sighs loudly when he sees that he doesn't have one. "Wait here. I will be right back." He says as he spurts of back to where the girl remained to work. "Hey, Lita. The key, do you have it?"

"Hmm? Yeah, sure. Catch." The girl responds. There is the distinct sound of a key falling to the floor and stiffled giggles before the boy returns back. "Sorry for the delay. This should do the trick though." He places the key and twists it around, and the door unlocks loudly. He then gives it a push, and it opens slowly to reveal a dusty archive with several books. "I don't know what you're searching for, but if we have it, it is here."

I'm going to need a Search check from both Lisaa and Karl. You may take 20, but that will take 10 days. Also, a note to everyone. Tell me when you are done updating your character sheet, so that I can add them to the thread. A note in the OOC thread should do. It'll only take me a week to notice them there. :smalltongue:

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-22, 11:27 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk gratefully takes a seat at the table and rests his elbows on the edge, sighing as the weight is taken off his feet.
"Ah, thank hyu sir. Well, me and Varek, we're travel with two others, Karl and Lisaa. Together, we are...word iz..." He pauses and scratches his head. "er...Zuchen...looking, I guess. Yes, we are looking for where an old hero lived in the woods of the elves. But as we are looking, I am thinking that on the road I can do my trade."
He looks around the room approvingly.
"This iz a very nice town! So small, and yet doing so well. Er, do you have a healer here already?"

Ozzy_G
2007-11-22, 11:30 AM
Thankyou. We're looking to see whether a famous historical figure travelled through here, says Karl as he inspects the titles of the books. Ami, her name was. I don't know if you have heard of her?

Lycar
2007-11-22, 02:35 PM
Varek listens to the older man and is about to say something, but Bronsk goes first. So he just waits his turn and then speaks up, but then with gleaming eyes and enthusiasm.

"I'm from Diamond Castle. They have that awesome museum there where they have all them relics form that Michelle Ami woman. She was a real hero in her time. Travelled the entire continent it's said. She even had a small house just near the city that is still open to visitors today.

So i met Bronsk and the others and, well, we just decided i could come along. So we heard she had been visiting the elves too and wondered about that. Maybe you have heard anything? You do trade with them elves, right? Maybe she even came through this town. I mean, she was a real hero and stuff. So maybe there are stories about her ?"

Lycar

Maryring
2007-11-25, 04:04 PM
The mayor politely listens to Varek, nodding and smiling to his enthusiasm. When Varek finally stops chattering, the mayor nods and sighs loudly. "I'm afraid I have never heard of the person you are speaking about, so I can't help you with that. As for you," he turns to Bronsk "No, we do not have a healer in our village, as we haven't had any real need for someone to dedicate himself to that noble art. We are all rather healthy, with illness being a rare occurence. You are welcome to practice your profession of course, though I doubt you will find much work."

Meanwhile, in the library, Karl and Lisaa perform a very thorough search of the archives, and find little of interest, until Karl stumble across a small booklet, a field notebook used in research. It is written pretty recently, though it hasn't been treated very well. Stains of water and various other liquids adorn it, and these stains have washed away some information, most notably the name of the author, and the few first pages. Luckily, the pages immediately after reveal that apparently, little of interest was lost, as the interesting parts is towards the end of the book. While it doesn't give any names, the last pages, what can be dechipered between the stains at least, tell that the Author has found out that "a nymph of water" and a "lady of fire" visited this village long ago for some reason. It wasn't the village itself they visited, but something else nearby in order to collect a power of sorts. The text is unfortunately very unclear on this, but it seems obvious that Ami and someone else visited this village before.

Ozzy_G
2007-11-25, 07:16 PM
Karl shows Lisaa the book, and while she's looking at it, asks the kids, Is there any important sites around here connected with magic or something?

Lycar
2007-11-26, 01:32 AM
"Aw, too bad. Oh well, was worth a try."

While Varek sounds disappointed, he doesn't let this small disappointment spoil his good mood.

Free food. Tastes the best !

Lycar

Amiria
2007-11-26, 07:19 AM
Lisaa

"How interesting.", says Lisaa after she carefully reads the text. She also turns to the kids. "This book doesn't seem old at all despite its bad shape. Do you think someone knows about the author and how it came into the library ?"

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-26, 09:55 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk smiles, still chewing.
"Iz odd; it is never sad when a healer lacks work."
he toys with the fork.
"Yes...odd. Well, can I ask about the news? we've been traveling you see."

Maryring
2007-11-28, 10:44 AM
"Magic?" The boy scratches his head, looking for an idea. "What do you mean magic? There isn't any place like that around here. But I do know the author. Everyone knows her. She came to the village a few months ago. Apparently, something horrible had happened to her. She refused to speak about it, but considering the bad shape she was found in, and her strange way of acting, it was bad. She just... disappeared. One day, she was gone, and she left behind all of her possessions, including several books like that one. Well... almost all of her possessions. There is one book missing, so it is likely she took it with her when she left... perhaps. I don't know. She was frightening when she was around anyway. Never speaking directly to anyone, and always writing in her books. She spent an awful lot of time around the forest and the wells too."

"News? I'm afraid I don't quite follow. There have been new happenings here, but I doubt that those happenings would interest travelers such as yourself." He stands up. "Speaking of news, MARIA! You done with the dinner soon?!"

The girl from before comes in and smiles gently. "It is almost done. Please take a seat and I will serve the food." With a gentle handwave, she gestures Bronsk and Varek to another room.

The mayor nods and smiles and leads his two guests into the dining room, which has walls painted in green, a rather large rectangular table in the center, and six chairs surrounding the table. Four platters, four glass, four steel knives and four steel forks. A glass pitcher containing water stands in the center of the table. As the three sits down, Maria comes in with the food. She brings in a bowl of boiled potatoes, a platter with steak, a smaller bowl with sauce, and another bowl filled with a nice, fresh summer salad. One by one, she places the dishes on the table, before she herself takes the last remaining seat. "Well, help yourself." She says with a smile.

Ozzy_G
2007-11-28, 10:46 AM
Karl frowns, and scratches his stubble. Do you know a story about a "lady of fire" and a "nymph of water" who came to this town long ago?

The Great Skenardo
2007-11-28, 10:49 AM
Bronsk
Swallowing quickly to keep himself from drooling, Bronsk nevertheless faces the mayor and nods his head deferentially.
"Hyu first, sir. I insist!"

Lycar
2007-11-28, 01:11 PM
Varek follows Bronsk into the dining room and takes a seat. When Maria enters with the food, his eyes almost reach the size of the plates.

(Oh boy, look at those steaks, yum!)

As the friendly old man invites them to 'help themselves', Varek is just about to do so when Bronsk speaks up, instead he takes the hint from him, hesistates and waits for his turn to come up.

Lycar

Amiria
2007-11-28, 02:06 PM
Lisaa

"She spent much time around the wells ? Do you have an idea why she did this ?", ask Lisaa.

((Hey, leave some steaks for Karl and Lisaa :smallamused:))

Maryring
2007-11-28, 03:41 PM
"No, to both questions. No one really knew her. She was really strange. Well, the mayor and his daughter probably know a bit more, since she stayed at their house. Sorry. I can't help you any more." The boy answers.

The old man smiles to his daughter places some food on his platter. She then proceeds to serve both Varek and Bronsk before she serves herself and begins to eat. "So, may I ask how long you plan on staying?" The mayor asks his guests.

Ozzy_G
2007-11-28, 06:04 PM
Hmmm... shall we go and see the mayor then? asks Karl to Lisaa.
Do you mind if we borrow this book? he asks the kids.

Amiria
2007-11-28, 06:52 PM
Lisaa

"Yes, let's go to the mayor then.", replies Lisaa.

Lycar
2007-11-29, 07:49 PM
"Oh that depends on the others we are with mostly. They try to find out about tha Ami person. If they find something, they will surely follow the lead. Maybe they have to search around a bit. Then we also stay a bit." answers Varek.

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-01, 10:00 AM
The mayor nods and continues to ask trivial question to make Bronsk and Varek feel more comfortable. Eventually, someone knocks on the door. The mayor throws one glance at his daughter, who silently stands up and leaves the table to open the door.

On the other side of the door, Karl and Lisaa are waiting. They were unable to borrow the book out of the library, but were welcome to return tomorrow if they needed to read the book again. As the door opens for them, they are greeted by the mayor's daughter. "Good evening. May I help you?"

Ozzy_G
2007-12-01, 12:18 PM
Oh, hi, says Karl. My name is Karl, and this is Lisaa. We're doing some historical research, and we're looking for the Mayor to help us?

Lycar
2007-12-02, 02:05 PM
Varek, meanwhile, keeps eating with gusto. Free food !
Also it tastes great so he's not going to miss out on it.

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-03, 12:27 PM
"Ah, I am afraid that he is eating dinner at the moment. But why don't you come in and join us? I am sure he will be more than happy to have more guests visiting." The girl smiles and invites them in.

Ozzy_G
2007-12-03, 04:15 PM
Karl follows her in, and nods hello at Bronsk and Varek.
Hello, sir, he says to the mayor. Sorry to interrupt you at your meal.

Amiria
2007-12-03, 04:22 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa follows and greets the mayor with a slight bow. "Hello, good sir."

Lycar
2007-12-04, 01:15 PM
Varek looks up from his meal, beaming, as the two others enter.

"Oh hi Lisaa, Karl... the mayor invited us for dinner ! How great is that !"

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-05, 12:28 PM
"Oh welcome to you." The mayor says as he turns to greet his new guests. "Please, take a seat. Maria will bring you platters and cups shortly. Oh, and check up on the dessert while you're at it dear." He says as he beckons Lisaa and Karl to take seats. "You must be friends of these two I assume? They have been so kind to keep me company this evening."

The Great Skenardo
2007-12-05, 12:35 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk smiles outwardly, but inside something is troubling him.
Maybe you are right, Vakri...Never before have I seen such kindness to strangers...
You see? Be on your guard here, Bronsk...

Ozzy_G
2007-12-05, 06:12 PM
Yes, replies Karl, we were travelling on the road together. Now, I wonder if I might bother you wish some questions? We're researching some local history, and thought that perhaps you could help us.

Amiria
2007-12-05, 06:30 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa takes a seat at the table. "Yes, we all travel together. It is very kind of you to host us all at your table. Thanks." She fills her plate with the offered food and starts eating.

Lycar
2007-12-06, 02:24 PM
"Hey Lisaa, Karl, did you find anything at the library ?" Varek asks between bites of food.

Lycar

Amiria
2007-12-07, 01:51 AM
Lisaa

"Yes, we found the notes of a researcher who came here some months ago. She discovered that Ami and one of her friends visited this village and were searching for something in the vicinity. Sadly, she apparently wasn't in the best mental shape and disappeared rather abruptly. We wanted to ask the mayor about her."

Maryring
2007-12-07, 11:01 AM
"Certainly. About that woman though, I'm afraid I don't know much about her. I will try to answer any questions you have though." The mayor says with a friendly smile.

Ozzy_G
2007-12-07, 11:09 AM
Well, when was she here, asks Karl. And did she go to any nearby sites?

Maryring
2007-12-09, 08:36 AM
"When was she... let me think. It has been some time since she was here. I think it was... last summer? Quite some time ago at least. I don't remember her going to any special places though. She just walked around aimlessly most of the time. Usually in the forest, but no one except Maria ever bothered to follow her." As if on cue, the girl comes in from the kitchen, carrying a large apple pie and a bowl of whipped cream, as well as the utensils for Lisaa and Karl. "Maria dear, did you notice if our previous guests visited any notable places while she was wandering the forest?"

The girl looks up as she places down the items she carries. "Hmm, no. No places that I would call strange. Why do you ask?"

Ozzy_G
2007-12-09, 06:49 PM
Well, says Karl, we were trying to research where the people she was writing about went, this, uh, what was it... he thinks for a moment. Ah yes, the "nymph of water", and the "lady of fire"? Something like that. I thought that if they went anywhere special, she would have too.

Maryring
2007-12-11, 01:45 PM
"Never heard of them I'm afraid." He sighs. "I'm sorry that I'm not of much help. Perhaps you can ask around the village tomorrow?" Without waiting for an answer he helps himself with some of the dessert. "Because you will be staying right? Maria should have the guest rooms done by the time you are done eating." He says, while at the same time throwing a glance at his daughter, who slinks away from the room.

Ozzy_G
2007-12-11, 02:16 PM
Oh, that's very generous of you! We'd be honoured, says Karl with a smile.

Amiria
2007-12-11, 02:42 PM
Lisaa

"Yes, thank you very much for your hospitality.", says Lisaa and gives the dessert a pondering look. Eventually she decides against it.

Lycar
2007-12-11, 04:47 PM
Varek perks up from his food "Hey thanks, that's great ! Eh.. i could make myself useful around the house... help with the dishes and stuff. I'd be happy to !"

Meanwhile he happily helps himself to some of the desert.

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2007-12-12, 11:48 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods solemnly. It was not lightly that the young nord accepted such great hospitality.
"Then I will do what I can to bring the favor of the spirits upon thiz house. And maybe we can talk more? I want to learn more about thiz bauerndorf."

Lycar
2007-12-13, 02:38 PM
Varek looks up, puzzled. "What's a .. bauerndorf ?"

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-14, 10:14 AM
"Ah, there is no need for that. You are guests, and as guests, you are to relax and enjoy yourself. Don't worry about any work. Maria will gladly do that for you." He says as the last bits of food disappear. "Well, I think we should continue this conversation back in the living room. Unless you are tired of course. Maria should be done with preparing your room now."

Amiria
2007-12-14, 01:28 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa leans towards Varek and whispers "I have no idea, but somehow it sounds dangerous ..." ((:smallwink:))

Lycar
2007-12-15, 10:48 AM
Varek furrows his brows for a moment, then leans over to Lisaa and whispers back "Na.... just foreign... ".

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2007-12-17, 08:37 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods graciously.
"Fine, fine. To the living room?"

Lycar
2007-12-18, 01:35 AM
"Sure."

Varek will go with the others, joining them in the mayor's living room.

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2007-12-18, 10:00 AM
Karl gets up and follows the others. He seems to have something on his mind, and is looking around carefully.

Maryring
2007-12-18, 10:25 AM
The mayor leads the four into the living room, where he again takes a seat and waits for the others to sit down and speak too.

Ozzy_G
2007-12-18, 10:38 AM
Now, says Karl as he sits, what was this woman's name? And do you know if she had family in the capital?

Lycar
2007-12-18, 05:12 PM
Varek follows behind the others and takes a seat on a chair or something. If none is available, he'll be comfortable on the floor too.

Since he doesn't really know anything useful, he'll let the others do the talking.

Or maybe Maria needs help with something.

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-20, 01:40 PM
The mayor chuckles loudly and mirthfully as he shakes his head. "No, I am afraid I do not know the answer to those questions. She refused to speak about either."

Lycar
2007-12-20, 05:20 PM
Varek finds this strange and so he asks "Huh ? She didn't even tell you her name ? That's strange. So what did you call her then ?"

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-21, 04:28 PM
The mayor closes his eyes as he tries to recall the answer. Deep furrows appear on his forehead until he finally snaps his head up, answering. "Violet."

Ozzy_G
2007-12-21, 04:30 PM
Karl's eyes narrow almost imperceptibly. Why did you call her that then?

Maryring
2007-12-23, 02:04 PM
"We needed something to call her, and Maria met her first when she was gathering ingredients for a batch of violet tincture, so that's where she got her "name" from.

If you're starting to get bored, I can gladly speed things up a notch and bring you to a bit later in "In-Game" time, where things should be a lot more interesting.

The Great Skenardo
2007-12-24, 01:32 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk sits a bit awkwardly in his chair, like a schoolboy stuffed into his Sunday best for a sermon. Despite his best intents, he fidgets and his gaze wanders about the room.

Ozzy_G
2007-12-24, 03:55 PM
Karl seems oddly intent. She didn't seem bothered by her nick-name? Didn't volunteer her own? Odd. You said she spent a lot of time in the forest, what did she do there?

Maryring
2007-12-25, 01:05 PM
"As I said, nothing. She would just wander around with no apparent goal."

Lycar
2007-12-25, 01:57 PM
"Huh, sounds like she was a bit crazy in her head if you ask me....." Varek pipes up.

"I mean, she doesn't tell people her name and then runs around aimlessly.... that's crazy."

Lycar

Amiria
2007-12-25, 02:24 PM
Lisaa

"Well yes, that's what they said also said in the library. We'll probably have to search in the woods and hope for some luck. Or the wells, she did spend some time at the wells right here in the village.", says Lisaa and turns to the mayor. "Is there something special about the wells ? Old legends ? Why is the old one no longer in use ?"

The Great Skenardo
2007-12-25, 02:26 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk glances sharply at Varek.
"That iz not fair. Hyu know like I do, just the reason why she might not give names and stay distant!"

Lycar
2007-12-25, 10:39 PM
"He, i just tell 'em as i see 'em. She might have had her reasons but if you don't know them, it looks like.. well.."

Varek looks at Bronsk, apologetic. He just said what came to his mind. Can't be that bad, now can it...

Lycar

Maryring
2007-12-26, 02:34 PM
The mayor sighs, letting the argument between Bronsk and Varek slide past before he answers the question. "No, there is nothing wrong or mysterious with the well. It simply became too deep to remain of any practical use. So a new well was created, as it would be a lot less work and a lot cheaper than to fill the old well with enough rock to make it usable again."

Ozzy_G
2007-12-26, 04:46 PM
You said your daughter followed her into the forest. Would you mind if we asked her about it?

The Great Skenardo
2007-12-28, 07:52 AM
Bronsk
The young healer shifts in his seat, reminded acutely of the magnitude of the secret they all held from this pleasant family. Maybe that was why he felt so uncomfortable here; a secret is easy to keep if you're the only one who knows it...but was everyone here so reliable? He knew he should try and trust them, but still...
Well, if it came to that, his wolfish side insinuated, it would be easy to run into the woods and be lost to civilization for a while. Yes.

Maryring
2008-01-01, 11:10 AM
"Not at all. I am sure she could be of much more assistance to you than what I could be. Just go up the stairs. She might still be in the guest room, which is the third door on your left."

Ozzy_G
2008-01-01, 03:38 PM
Thanks. I'll go and bring her down, the others might have questions. Karl rises and goes to find the daughter, so he can ask her to come down to the living room.

Lycar
2008-01-03, 01:31 AM
Varek just looks after Karl blankly as he walks off to fetch Maria.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-01-06, 05:49 PM
Karl leaves the room for a few short minutes, which are spent in awkward silence, until he finally returns with Maria.

Ozzy_G
2008-01-07, 09:13 AM
Karl waits for Maria to sit, then seats himself. We were wondering what you could tell us about the woman who stayed here a while ago.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-07, 10:12 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods agreement, but otherwise remains quiet in his seat.
He seems increasingly out of place in this fine parlour, and he fidgets.

Lycar
2008-01-07, 01:20 PM
Varek sits quietly, smiling shyly at Maria every now and then. He feels a bit uncomfortable with the way Karl treats their hosts. But then again, Karl seems to be the kind of person to be used to getting things his way.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-01-09, 03:07 AM
"Well, let me think... Well, she was peculiar. I often go for walks in the forest, and while out there, I would often come across her. I am not certain why, but she would always visit the same locations. I think I could show you where tomorrow, but I don't think you will find anything interesting there. Anyway, she used to write down notes in her notebook all the time, but the main journal she used disappeared along with her. Hmm... what else. Oh yeah, that's... no wait. Hmm... no, I'm sorry. I don't think I can tell you anything else."

Amiria
2008-01-09, 03:18 AM
Lisaa

"Thanks, Maria. That would be great. Maybe we still find something. I have a certain affinity to woods and can read tracks. Although we can't really hope to find direct signs of Violet's presence there after all this time.", says Lisaa. "Uh, what did you want to say last ? Anything could be helpful."

Maryring
2008-01-10, 05:51 AM
"Oh, nothing important. I just remembered that she disappeared during the night of a new moon, but what use would that be to you?"

Ozzy_G
2008-01-10, 08:22 AM
Karl's eyes narrow, but then he shakes his head. It kind of sounds significant, but I don't see how it is. Unless she was some kind of inverse were-wolf, he says chuckling.

Lycar
2008-01-10, 01:59 PM
Varek frowns and looks at Karl, puzzled.

"What's an 'inversed werewolf' ?"

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-01-10, 09:24 PM
Karl sighs. It was a joke, kid, he says wryly.
Anyway, he continues to the girl, if you could show us where the women went, that would be great. As my friend said, she's very good at tracking, maybe she can find something.

Maryring
2008-01-11, 04:00 AM
"Yes, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I have some other matters to attend to, and it is getting too dark for me to find the locations anyway."

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-11, 10:15 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods hastily, his fingers toying with the hem of his shirt.
"Of course, of course. Long day for everyone, yez? We will let hyu do your business."

Lycar
2008-01-11, 02:58 PM
Varek gives Karl an odd look but says nothing.

(Hrmph, some joke...)

"Yeah, sure. It's not like we are in a hurry or something, right ? Tomorrow is soon enough. Anything i could help you with ?"

Lycar

Amiria
2008-01-11, 06:20 PM
Lisaa

"Sure, it has time until tomorrow. I think I'll go for a small walk before the sun sets, anybody with me ?", says Lisaa. She leaves the house to take a look at the village's wells in the last light of day.

Ozzy_G
2008-01-11, 06:52 PM
Karl nods, and rises. Yes, that sounds pleasant. Unless there's anything that needs doing? he says to the Mayor.

Maryring
2008-01-12, 04:02 AM
"Hmm?" The mayor looks up quickly, obviously trying to hide that heis growing tired. "Oh no, nothing at all. You are our guests, so I couldn't possibly ask anything from you. I hope you will have an enjoyable walk through our town. I need to withdraw to my own chambers now." And without further comments, the old man left the room.

Lycar
2008-01-12, 08:20 AM
Varek hops up "Heh, good night then mayor, sleep well." and he turns to Maria again "I'd be happy to help with anything, really. It's no bother at all. But if you don't have anything to do right now.. uh.. i'll just go with the others for a walk, ok ?"

He smiles at Maria hopefully. He really would feel better if they would allow him to help with somethig, anything. Otherwise, Varek will be contend to take a stroll with the others.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-01-12, 06:18 PM
The maiden smiles and shakes her head. "No, but thank you for your offer." She stands up and leaves the room as well now, leaving the four werewolves alone again.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-12, 08:33 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk wipes his brow and waits for the sound of Maria to leave the room.
"Hyu guys," he whispers, suddenly and sharply,
"Danger here! These people...they are too nice! They iz hiding something! And there aren't any spirits here! Not even one!"

Lycar
2008-01-13, 04:58 AM
Varek gives Bronsk a blank look for a moment.

"What do you mean, no spirits ?"

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-01-13, 08:21 AM
Well, let's enjoy this pleasant night, says Karl, calmly, but giving Bronsk a nod. Aren't these people nice, he says as he gets up, giving us free room and lodging and everything! And you seem to be getting on very well with Maria, Varek! He chuckles, and walks towards the door.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-13, 09:08 AM
Bronsk
The young Nord seems about to speak again, but then he nods and strokes his mustache. Getting up slowly to follow.

Lycar
2008-01-13, 01:47 PM
"... just trying to be friendly..." Varek mutters as he too gets up to join the others.

After all, being nice to people is better then being mean to them. Except of course, when they try to steal stuff you just liberated. Then mean is better.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-01-13, 02:54 PM
The four leave the house with no problem at all and make their way towards the wells. Now that the sun is setting, there is no activity around the wells.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-13, 03:41 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk clears his throat.
"Erm. There iz no spirits here. There should be spirits here, but Vakri says there iz not one, even. It iz...scary."

Lycar
2008-01-13, 05:27 PM
Varek looks at Bronsk quizzically "Okay, so there are no spirits around. What does that mean then ? Don't forget, to those of us who aren't on a first-name basis with spirits, it doesn't make any difference."

He had been living his whole live in the city, not knowing about any spirits and it didn't matter. Then again, he didn't know he was a werewolf either.
Although that too had never mattered as far as he remembers. Or maybe it helped him become such a good fighter.

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-13, 05:29 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk frowns. "Well...all living things haz spirits. Our souls are our spirits, and there iz spirit in trees, woods, animals...all things. but here? iz none."

Amiria
2008-01-13, 06:27 PM
Lisaa (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/ar-elf03.jpg)

The elf looks worried. "No souls ? Like if everyone and everything here was dead ? How can this be ? This doesn't bode well." Lisaa looks studies the stones of the wells and looks into them with her keen eyes.

Search: 1d20+8 = 27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1460674/)

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-13, 08:14 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk scrapes his boot along the ground.
"No, I can't tell that. We have our spirits hidden within us. so do the plants and animals. but free spirits of the forests and the winds exist, and there aren't any here!"

Ozzy_G
2008-01-14, 08:44 AM
Karl doesn't seem particularly surprised by Bronsk's relation. It wouldn't surprise me if they're up to something. They are far too nice... his eyes narrow. They might know about us, maybe they invited us into their house to trap us! He looks at Varek. Now you're cursed, you'll have to be careful. People will always be hunting you. He shivers, pained memories on his face.
But anyway, these spirits, how do you know there aren't any, Bronsk? Can you normally see them?

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-14, 08:51 AM
Bronsk
"Er, no." Bronsk admits, with a dip of the head.
"But Vakri has told me thiz! It iz obvious they are hiding something here...But wait a minute..."
Bronsk takes a deep breath.
"Vakri told me maybe my spirit eyes are now strong enough to see the free spirits around me. I will try it."
With a deep breath, Bronsk allows his vision to unfocus and turns his head slowly from side to side, looking for the tell-tale flicker that betrays the presence of spirits to normal vision...

detect spirits

Ozzy_G
2008-01-14, 09:59 AM
Karl raises one eyebrow sardonically. He doesn't look impressed. You happen to be strong enough now? How convenient...

Maryring
2008-01-14, 02:26 PM
After carefully searching both wells, the elf finds two copper coins at the base of the currently used well, as well as some moss growing on the walls. By the other well, she finds a diminutive patch of fur, definately not wolf fur, and little else of interest.

Meanwhile, the eyes of the Spirit Shaman can find no other spirit but that of his companion Vakri.

Knowledge Nature checks are the way to go to figure out what animal said fur belongs too.

Amiria
2008-01-14, 04:29 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa shows the copper coins to the others. "Look, we are rich now.", she says jokingly. She takes a closer look at the patch of fur and also sniffs on it.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20+10 = 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1461372/)
((Is there something peculiar about the moss ?))

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-14, 04:34 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk sighs and he allows his eyes to focus again.
"No good. there iz no spirits here but Vakri. I don't...know what that could mean. I know once there was great disaster that drove spirits away from the forest; a great stone falling from the sky that destroyed the forest. Even then, there should be earth spirits! I do not know..."

Ozzy_G
2008-01-15, 07:33 AM
You say you can't see any spirits, Bronsk, says Karl, sounding increasingly annoyed, but you've never seen any before, have you?

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-15, 08:09 AM
Bronsk
The normally-sunny healer scowls. "Do hyu think I lie? Do hyu think I iz crazy? Do hyu think I am just a silly hat man because I can't make things burn into flames? Sure then, I'll go; and I will return when I see another spirit." Bronsk slaps his own thigh and then stalks off down the road they'd followed into town.

Ozzy_G
2008-01-15, 08:59 AM
Karl sighs, and mutters to himself in Nephrinian.
Stupid primitives. Spirits my arse.

Maryring
2008-01-15, 10:03 AM
The patch of fur that Lisaa found seems to come from a rat. The hairs are unusually long for a rat though, and even without her heightened sense of smell, she realise that it smells remarkably well. Her wolf scent does register the trail of scent from said rat. Either, said rat must have come out of the well and left the village, or it must have come from outside the village and entered the well. There is nothing strange about the moss in the open well though.

And I'm going to see if any of you try to stop Bronsk and his search for spirits before I resort to private conversation with him.

Lycar
2008-01-15, 12:36 PM
Varek watches Lisaa and Bronsk do their thing. It's not like he could really help with anything here.

He listens to the dispute between Karl and Bronsk with increasing dismay. Why wouldn't Karl believe Bronsk about the spirits ? Does he really think that Bronsk is just a madman, imagining things ? And that is coming from a frigging werewolf no less....

When Bronsk turns to leave, he looks outright unhappy. It's not right to split up like that. He looks between Lisaa and Karl for a moment.

"... it's never good to split up like that. So much i learned on the street. I better go with Bronsk, just in case..."

So Varek turns around and hurries after Bronsk.

"Hey Bronsk, wait for me ! Don't go all alone !"

Lycar

Amiria
2008-01-15, 03:44 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa was rather oblivious to the argument during her search but now looks after Bronsk. "Hey, what's wrong ? Where are you going ? I found something else, this is a bit fur from a rat. It carries a strong odour, I can still sense the trail. "

Ozzy_G
2008-01-15, 04:25 PM
He's going to look for spirits, says Karl, sighing. I'll come with you to find this trail while they're doing that.

Maryring
2008-01-16, 03:18 AM
The werewolves then split up in two groups, each group heading in a different direction.

I'll be continuing this in PMs until you're back here again.

Maryring
2008-02-03, 06:17 AM
Later on, after the sun has set and the moon rose into the sky, Lisaa and Karl return to the well. Just a few minutes later, they are joined by Bronsk and Varek.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-03, 06:33 AM
So, what did you find? asks Karl. He sounds like he's more asking out of politeness than really caring what Bronsk and Varek have been doing.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-03, 10:19 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk seems to absorbed in thought to really react to Karl's vague condescension.
"Lisaa, Karl," he starts, looking up finally, "Iz very strange. Thiz whole forest...it haz a spiritual...hole in it. Yes, a hole. Spirits in it are sucked away and never come back. And thiz happened on a night had a new moon!"
He looks from one to the other.
"A spirit told me thiz."

Lycar
2008-02-03, 02:41 PM
Varek

Varek nods vigorously. "It's true! I saw it with my own eyes! There are spirits and they are talking with Bronsk!"

"I mean... i don't know about spirits myself, but it's bad when they go missing. Right?"

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-02-03, 07:10 PM
Karl looks at Bronsk quizzically. If the spirits are all being sucked in to this void, how did one talk to you?

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-03, 07:51 PM
Bronsk
The young healer huffs. "Why do hyu care? Hyu don't think I even see spirits."

Lycar
2008-02-04, 08:13 AM
Varek rolls his eyes at Karl. "Cause they are, like, far away enough to not fall into the hole? We had to walk quite a bit before Bronsk found a spirit. And that said, they don't dare go near the village, 'cause spirits that do, don't come back. 'cept the young ones... whatever that means."

Lycar

Amiria
2008-02-04, 08:18 AM
Lisaa

"It seems like something very strange and also bad happened here. Did you find out when it started ? Maybe when Violet was here or when she disappeared ?", asks Lisaa.

Maryring
2008-02-04, 09:58 AM
As they argue, the wind suddenly shifts direction, throwing the scent of Maria right into their faces, revealing that the girl is somewhere close, and fast approaching.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-04, 06:12 PM
Karl wrinkles his nose. We'll talk about this later, someone's coming...

Amiria
2008-02-05, 04:55 AM
Lisaa

Lisaa nods and turns into the direction of the scent.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-05, 07:53 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk too sniffs the air.
"Iz that...that iz Maria?"

Lycar
2008-02-05, 01:24 PM
Varek

Looking between his companions uncertainly, Varek asks "Uh.. what'cha doing? Who's coming?".

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-02-06, 08:05 AM
Can't you smell that scent? asks Karl, somewhat surprised. That's a human, nearby.

Lycar
2008-02-06, 03:41 PM
Varek looks at Karl confused for a moment.

"Uh... what do i know what people smell like? I mean, i do know what people smell like. I mean, i did grow up in a city. That place always smells like all kind of things. But i don't know... uh... "

What do people smell like? Dirty mostly. And the city is full of people. It always smells like poeple. What's so special about that? And right now?

Varek takes a few sniffs, trying to figure out if he can smell anything special.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-02-08, 06:50 AM
Shortly after her scent betrayed her location, Maria steps out from behind some nearby houses. Through the moonlit night, the wolves can see that she has changed into a black robe with a raised hood that hides most of her body, leaving only her face visible, almost as a floating head in the soft darkness. The girl confidently strides forward towards the well, and doesn't seem to notice the presence of others until she is close to the well, where she looks up and backs away surprised at the sight. "You're out late strangers." She asks, recovering her act quickly.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-08, 10:30 AM
Bronsk Siefsson
Bronsk snorts but manages to suppress a giggle.
She seemed about as threatening as mushy cheese out here, for all her posturing.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-08, 12:40 PM
Well, it's a lovely night, replies Karl. You're out late too... off to see a boy? he says with a leer and a wink.

Maryring
2008-02-08, 03:41 PM
Maria seems taken aback by the question and begins to blush. "Well... I guess... you could say that..."

Ozzy_G
2008-02-08, 07:13 PM
Oh! Karl grins, and waggles his eyebrows in a suggestive manner. Well, then, I guess we won't keep you... and don't worry, we won't tell your father.

Lycar
2008-02-08, 07:20 PM
"Shouldn't we tell her what we found out? It's important after all." blurts out Varek.

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-02-08, 07:24 PM
Found out wha... says Karl, before a sudden pause. He rolls his eyes and sighs. Oh yes... some villager woman that I don't care about is having an affair with some village man that I don't care about. You might care Maria, but I don't know who they are, and frankly I don't think it's any of my business... and none of your business either Varek, he says with a flinty glare.

Amiria
2008-02-08, 07:28 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa gives Varek a piercing look. "That should have time until tomorrow. It's late and we should also get some rest."

Lycar
2008-02-09, 08:18 AM
"But..." Varek manages to say before he catches Lisaa's and Karl's stares.

He looks over to Bronsk for help, but then succumbs to peer pressure.

"... just thought she oughta know."

Lycar

Maryring
2008-02-11, 05:50 AM
"Don't worry about telling me." Maria answers. "Whatever it is, I probably already know it." The girl moves over to the well and removes the heavy-looking lid with astonishing ease.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-11, 07:06 AM
Karl scratches his head. Is your boy hiding in the well?

Lycar
2008-02-11, 01:22 PM
"Uh, that well is dry, isn't it ?" Varek asks of Maria.

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-12, 10:26 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk squints one eye. Something was distinctly odd about this...
[roll0]

Maryring
2008-02-13, 05:24 AM
Maria takes two steps backwards and replies "Yes." just as a thick wispy darkness starts to seep out of the well. Four translucent ravens and two translucent eagles with a sickly purplish colour flies out of the darkness and begins to circle the area around the well, before another figure steps out of the dark well. The features of the figure are blurred by a strange black aura surrounding him, but his entire posture is intimidating and imposing. The figure steps down from the well and, ignoring the other four completely, makes his way forward towards Maria.

Bronsk can sense residue spirit energy in the birds of prey.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-13, 09:50 AM
Karl gapes. What the...
He steps back, eyes narrowing, and he mutters in some strange tongue while making small, sharp sweeping gestures over himself.
Casting Mage Armour

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-13, 10:31 AM
Bronsk
The lean shaman stands open-mouthed as the birds and their master emerge from the well.
"Thiz vultures," he breathes, vibrating with anger "They ate the spirits!"
he quickly begins an incantation of his own, anger in his eyes

casting Magic Fang upon self

Lycar
2008-02-13, 03:52 PM
Varek blinks "Uhm... this isn't good, is it? Maria, who is this creep ?!"

Taking a step back, Varek looks between Maria and the shadowy figure. How could anybody work together with.. this ?

Lycar

Amiria
2008-02-14, 05:46 AM
Lisaa

"Maria ? What foul magic is this ?", ask Lisaa and draws her shortsword. "Declare yourself stranger. Why are you defiling this land ?"

Maryring
2008-02-14, 10:25 AM
"He... they..." Maria tries to answer, before the creature waves his arm, causing her to turn quiet and walk into the well. The creature then turns to the four werewolves, and a grin spreads across his face.

"You'd do well to forget this. Walk out of the village and do not look back." He commands with a voice similar to that of a growling beast.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-14, 02:56 PM
Bronsk
"No!" Bronsk snarls, and it has a feral quality to it.
"You'll pay for the spirits you've slain!"
With a hiss of outrushing breath, he hunches over for a moment. Then, like a full-body sneeze, he straightens up, a wolf's muzzle where his face had been, and gleaming yellow eyes. He snarls again, this time full of menace.

Lycar
2008-02-14, 03:22 PM
Varek reaches for the club slung to his back alarmed and disturbed. He doesn't know what exactly is going on but it can't be good.

"Maria? Maybe it's better if you... go away a bit..."

Lycar

Amiria
2008-02-15, 02:15 PM
Lisaa

"It is you that should leave here. You don't frighten us.", snarls Lisaa and steps forward, brandishing her sword.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-15, 04:34 PM
What's going on? hisses Karl, confusedly, backing away still more.

Maryring
2008-02-15, 06:00 PM
"Heh. Heheh. Hahaha." He laughs. Cold and harshly. "And here I thought elves were wise. Very well. You're not worth my time. Play a bit with the birds instead." He makes a dismissing motion towards the four werewolves, and suddenly the ghostly birds dive towards all four of them.

roll initiative.

Amiria
2008-02-15, 07:52 PM
Lisaa

Initiative: 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1495802/)

Maryring
2008-02-16, 04:59 PM
Okay, now that the order has been decided, here is the arena. I've given you numbers according to your initiative order.
1=Bronsk
2=Lisaa
3=Karl
4=Varek
D=Dark
R=Raven
E=Eagle
W=Well
_=Ground

___________1_2___
_______W___D____
___________3_____
_______E_________
__R____________4_
_____R___________

Incidentally, Lisaa, Bronsk and Varek might be eligible for an AoO on Dark. So please roll that as well during your action.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-16, 11:19 PM
Bronsk
With a ferocity uncharacteristic of the kindly healer, Bronsk tears into the shade-man with a full flurry of claws and teeth!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

AoO:
[roll8]
[roll9]

Amiria
2008-02-17, 03:48 AM
((werewolves can't trip with their bite in hybrid form, only in wolf form.))

Lisaa

Lisaa jabs out with her sword at the dark stranger.
Cold Iron Shortsword

Attack: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 1d6+2 = 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1497525/)

AoO Attack: 1d20+10 = 15; 1d6+2 = 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1497528/)

Lycar
2008-02-17, 04:45 AM
Varek

Varek draws his greatclub as he steps up to the mysterious stranger. He still doesn't know what is going on but even he can tell that this figure is bad news. And if even Bronsk goes at him with that much ferocity, he must be very bad.

So he decides to do what he does best: Help his friends and dish out some punishment. And here he won't hold back. So he swings his club with all his might.

Regular attack (power attack 4) [roll0] / damage [roll1]

AoO (if applicable) [roll2] / damage [roll3]

Lycar

Maryring
2008-02-18, 06:55 AM
Lisaa, Varek and Bronsk immediately launch a counter attack on the dark creature. Bronsk strikes first, swiping both claws and drawing blood with both. Lisaa is next, her sword probing into the dark aura around the creature, and returning out with a tip glittering red. Varek then swings his club, however he puts too much weight in it, and it flies astray, giving the dark creature time to put his act together and easily avoid the blow. Karl seems to be stunned from the sudden action, and doesn't act immediately. Now the dark creature responds to the attack. His entire frame seems to grow, and he launches out what appears to be a kick towards Lisaa. Wicked claws appear from the appendage and rake across her skin, causing blood to pour out from open wounds. He then uses the momentum from the kick to move himself backwards towards the well. The action opens him up from assault however. Lisaa, weakened by the attack she was just hit with, misses with her own attack. However, both Bronsk's bite and Varek's club hits home, causing the dark creature to reel and stagger a bit. He still manages to reach the well that was his goal. By the time he has gotten back there, the foul fowls have reached Bronsk and Varek. The four ravens strike out with their ghostly talons at Bronsk and Varek. Both are hit once by a raven, but they manage to avoid the second blow. The first eagle flies around to approach the four weres from behind. Once in position, it lets out an eerie screech that chills to the bone. The second Eagle flies above the dark man and it's gaze penetrates into Bronsk.

Lisaa takes 14 damage.
Varek takes 3 damage.
Bronsk takes 5 damage.
Bronsk must succeed on a DC 12 Fortitude save or take 11 points of damage and 2 charisma damage.
Everyone must succeed on a DC 12 Will save or be panicked for 5 rounds. Add any modifiers to fear to this roll.
Since Karl/Ozzy didn't post, I had his character delay, alternatively ready an action.
New positions...

__________R1_2___
_______DE_______E
__________R3_____
___________R_____
_______________4_

Ozzy_G
2008-02-18, 09:13 AM
Karl steps back, spreads his hands in a fan shape horizontally, and shouts Pyros!
A burst of fire shoots out towards the eagle. Then, as it's scream rips the night, Karl yells, turns around and runs away as fast as he can. As he runs, he rips out of his clothes and springs away in wolf form.

Amiria
2008-02-18, 12:15 PM
Lisaa AC 25 (t 16, ff 19); hp 36/50

Will Save: 1d20+5 = 25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1498902/)

Unfazed by the evil eagle's eerie screech, Lisaa growls and shifts into hybrid form. She moves to the north around Bronsk to reach the dark stranger again.
Moving through the square of the raven north of Bronsk, probably get an AoO from it. Then move to the square northwest (preferably) or north of the dark stranger)

May edit post if Bronsk actions would influence Lisaa's.

Lycar
2008-02-18, 04:14 PM
Varek

Varek shouts a triumphant "Hah!" as his club strikes the back of the fleeing figure solidly.

But before he can bring his club around again, the chilling screech of the eagle pierces right into his soul, chilling him to the core and filling him with an emotion, he only felt once before in his life: Utter terror.

Raising his hands as if to protect himself from the spectre (and dropping his greatclub in the process) Varek turns around and jumps.

Not out of his skin, but out of his leather armour, which falls to the ground, magically, as his lupine form shapes even in mid-air. His thumbs finish their regression into forepaw dewclaws just after hitting the ground and he runs off.

Pretty fast too.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-02-19, 04:34 AM
The eagle hit by the fire screeches loudly, but doesn't seem to be burned at all when the fire dies down. Lisaa manages to easily weave her way past the scratching ravens until she stands directly in front of the dark creature. Just then, she hears shouts behind herself, and turns to see her companions fleeing away from the fearsome sound at top speed. The dark creature steps down from the well, his frame far bigger than before. With a wave of his hand, he recalls the birds, who settle down around Lisaa, preventing her from fleeing, though they do not attack her. "Well, well, well... looks like you're all on your own now, little elf, with nowhere to run. Not so tough now, are you?" He now positively towers above Lisaa. "How about it? Throw your sword down and surrender. Then I won't have to eat you."

Karl does seven damage to the ghostly eagle.
Since all the guys are afflicted with panic, you'll have fled out of the battle arena by now. You're on your own Lisaa. Sorry to cliffhanger like this. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. :smallfrown:

______DD2R_______
______DDER_______

Amiria
2008-02-19, 05:05 AM
Lisaa AC 25 (t 16, ff 19); hp 36/50

Lisaa growls defiantly. "Let's see how tough you are !" She swings her sword in an overhead arc and dives towards the stranger to bite him. "He bleeds, he already staggered. He's not so tough, just putting up a big front."
Cold Iron Shortsword

Attack: 1d20+12 = 20; Damage: 1d6+3 = 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1500092/)

Bite

Attack: 1d20+6 = 18; Damage: 1d6+1 = 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1500093/)

Meh, both minimum damage, but at least something might hit.

P.S. In regard to the comment towards Bronsk in the OOC thread: Knowledge (Religion) ? If he's undead, Lisaa's favored enemy bonus kicks in => +3 to damage (elven ranger substitution level).

Maryring
2008-02-19, 06:17 AM
The shortsword nicks into the darkness surrounding the creature, but before Lisaa can bite into him, he swings both arms forward, scratching deep wounds into Lisaa and knocking her bite of balance. "I don't think you quite understand girl. He says coldly as the shadows around him begin to fade, revealing his nature as a humanoid dire wolf. "I'm bigger than you, stronger than you, and there is no way for you to hope that you can defeat me."

Still haven't left. Just... trying to keep you hanging as little as possible.

Amiria
2008-02-19, 04:10 PM
Lisaa

:smalleek: "Eek, a monster ! Flee !" Lisaa panicks. She turns around and runs away from the dire-werewolf and his birds.
Trying to flee with a double move straight east (in the direction of the other party members. Do I have to bull rush a raven ?)

Maryring
2008-02-20, 06:02 AM
The elf flees away from the monster as quickly as she can, dashing past a startled raven who flies up into the sky. From behind, she can hear the cruel laugh of the monster echoing loudly in the darkness as it evolves into a full scale howl, though by that time, she has fled so far away that he is out of sight. In front of her, she can see the tracks of her companions, who should have recovered from their fear by now.

Yay for temporary internet access. No need to bullrush, as the Raven was startled too much by your sudden escape to do anything but dodge.

Amiria
2008-02-20, 10:04 AM
Lisaa

Without turning back, Lisaa follows the fresh tracks of her companions until she finds them.

Maryring
2008-02-23, 05:05 PM
Lisaa manages to track the trail from her companion out of the city and into the forest edge, where she finds the wolfish Bronsk and Karl panting and trying to catch their breath from running so hard. Varek, being much swifter, is further ahead, though he is barely visible in the dark night.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-23, 06:33 PM
Karl's form mutates into that of a hybrid between wolf and man, using his tail to cover his genitals. What the **** was that?

Amiria
2008-02-23, 07:07 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa turns around to face the village and regains her breath. "I saw him, I attacked him but he was too strong ... he almost ripped me in half. He ... he was some really big werewolf, I mean big as an ogre. I don't know what that birds of him were. Maybe he is some corrupted Druid." She turns around again to see if Varek is coming back, otherwise she runs to get him back to the others.

Lycar
2008-02-24, 02:56 AM
Varek returns slowly, ears flat against the head and tail still between the legs.

"(I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry... i didn't mean to run away! Honest! I just couldn't help it... i never was so scared before. Not even when this guard stabbed me... are you mad at me now?)"

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-24, 12:57 PM
Bronsk
The lean gray form of Bronsk as a hybrid slowly enters the clearing, mutely. The bulky belt he wears still hanging loosely about his hips, affording some degree of modesty.
He doesn't say anything.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-25, 09:18 AM
So, asks Karl nervously, what now?

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-25, 10:46 AM
Bronsk
The Bronsk-creature twitches its clawed fingers.
"We go back. We can't let it hurt Maria."

Lycar
2008-02-25, 02:36 PM
Varek looks between the others.

"You are not mad at me, are you? Oh but yes, we go back and teach this... thing a lesson! Show him who's boss! We're four to one! We can totally take him! And this time i won't run away, honest!"

Varek tries to sound cheerfully optimistic but his tail is not as high as he pretends his hopes to be.

Lycar

Amiria
2008-02-25, 06:18 PM
Lisaa

"Yes, we go back, but carefully. To see if the villagers are safe and to get your clothes and stuff back. But I hope that this monster is gone. Let me scout ahead.", says Lisaa and slowly sneaks back towards the village. On the way she gets out her Wand of Cure Light Wounds and uses it three times on herself ... and a fourth time.

Hide / Move Silently: 1d20+12 x2 = 22 / 32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507604/)

Cure Light Wounds x3: 3d8+3 = 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507609/)
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1 = 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507611/)

Maryring
2008-02-26, 07:42 AM
The wounds from the monster slowly cease to bleed and close, leaving only some minor scratches on her skin. She manages to make her way back towards the well, where the eagles and ravens are still flying around. They don't seem to notice her though, as she has hidden herself very well. When she arrives at her goal, she finds the dire-wolf standing there. The wolf seems to be growling at the well, out of which a human male climbs. Lisaa guesses that he is around 20 years old. By straining her ears, Lisaa manages to catch part of the conversation that follows.

"Yo. .o.. Y.u .now the co.seq.ences of b.thering me when I hu.."

The man moves his mouth, but he speaks a lot softer, so Lisaa has to move a bit closer to hear better. When she finally gets within hearing range, the wolf is growling again.

"Bastard. I knew Lord Idoneus made a mistake in trusting him. Stay here and make sure that the birds kill anyone who tries to intrude."

"Bu." The man tries to protest, but the wolf grabs him and growls dangerously, making the man gulp in fright.

"Don't question me. You don't want to be degraded into a chewtoy again, do you?" The man shakes his head. "Good. Now stay here and make sure that nobody enters the well. If they do, you better pray they kill you before I get to you. Understood?"

"But I'm no fighter." He cries, causing the monster to grin wickedly.

"No, you're not. You've always been a wimp. Completely worthless. Which is why I leave the birds with you. Regular people can't harm them at all." The wolf throws the man hard onto the ground. "Now quit yipping and start guarding."

"At once boss." The man replies, not daring to stand up quite yet. The wolf nod to himself with a satisfied grin and climbs down into the open well.

Amiria
2008-02-26, 11:20 AM
Lisaa

Lisaa stays in her hiding place to see what the young man is about to do now. If he leaves she runs back to the others and tells them that the way is clear.

Maryring
2008-02-26, 12:35 PM
Once the huge wolf is completely gone, the man stands up and looks around a bit before he goes to lean against the well.

Amiria
2008-02-27, 05:08 AM
Lisaa

Lisaa sneaks back to the others and tells what happened and what was spoken at the well. "So, he said that he isn't a figther and he wasn't very self-confident. But apparently the big werewolf granted him control over the birds, they are probably in the well again. I guess he'll see us if we come back to the well to get your gear back. And did anyone of you ever heard of a Lord Idoneus ?"

Ozzy_G
2008-02-27, 08:23 AM
Karl shrugs. No, I haven't. But about those birds, do we have any way to kill them? They looked kind of ghostly.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-27, 10:22 AM
Bronsk
The werewolf growls. "They eat spirits. If they are spirits themselves, I can harm them. If they are undead, I can harm them."

Lycar
2008-02-27, 01:39 PM
Varek

"So what are we going to do? If you can take out the birds, maybe i should just go to that bloke and knock his lights out? I can do that. Don't even need a club. Just conk him on the noggin real good and he'll be out cold fer sure."

Varek pauses for a moment. Then he continues "Although.... coming to think of it.. it would be kinda awkward doing this... you know, naked and stuff. So how do oyu do this... i mean, how do you go upright again without turning back fully ?"

Lycar

Amiria
2008-02-27, 02:19 PM
Lisaa

"I have an oil that makes a weapon magic, but it doesn't last long, only a minute. I could use it on my bow, the arrows should harm the birds then. I also have a potion of Protection from Evil if someone wants it.", says Lisaa and turns to Varek. "What ? To turn into a hybrid ? I'm not sure. It should come naturally, just concentrate on it, visualize it."

Lycar
2008-02-27, 03:32 PM
Varek

Varek tilts his head at Lisaa.

"You mean i should, like, think about how i should look like you.. what with fur and all but .. upright. Uh okay."

Not being quite certain how to go about it, Varek starts with sitting back on his haunches.

(Right, okay, let's see... i'm pretty much sitting now. All i really have to do is get up. And hands. Need my hands. Can't make a fist with a paw... uhm. Yeah, maybe that works. Just imagine the big ugly is in front of you and you wanna punch that grin off his face...)

Staring ahead at something imaginary in front of him, Varek gives off a low growl and ... stands up. While he does, his form shifts slightly, hip reconfiguring for a two-legged but digitigrade stance and his forepaws shrink a bit as his finger bones elongate to form into a padded, clawed and furred but opposable-thumb equipped canine hand. Which he clenches into a fist and jabs at an imaginary opponent.

"You want a piece of me? Come get some!"

He ends up standing in the classic werewolf hybrid shape and here again his form is physically pretty impressive. He is naked apart form his fur of course (save for the little leather bag he wears on a string around his neck) but somehow, he doesn't really feel that naked. Though he would still like to have pants. It's just ... decent.

"Hey, it worked! Cool! Uhm. But if we go like this, the people will know we are werewolves, won't they?"

Varek frowns and again the stripes of slightly lighter fur on his forehead come together to form a shape, which looks like a bird's foot/talon, or maybe like an upside-down peace symbol.

"Uh.. but then again... if they, like, work with that thing, that won't matter too much... ?"

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-02-27, 06:35 PM
Yes, says Karl, also in hybrid form, it's not exactly a form for subterfuge. Do not use it too much. Most of all, he says grimly, remember that in this form if you attack someone with your teeth or nails, you may infect them with the curse. He pauses, then continues, What if we try and attack but are just driven off again? The cry of that eagle...

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-27, 07:13 PM
Bronsk
"Then we try again," Bronsk says, quietly.

Lycar
2008-02-28, 01:45 PM
Varek

"Heh, i know! I'll just pluck that eagle-thingy right out of the air! I wanna see it try to scare us off when i'm holding it's beak shut! Uh... we should try and... you know.. kill these things, yes?"

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-29, 12:11 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk regards Varek's hybrid form, noting his bulging muscles and powerful build. He reaches into the belt about his hips and pulls forth a small vial.
"Here, Varek. This potion will make you bigger and stronger for a few minutes. Use it when you have to, but save it if you can."
He turns his muzzle towards the others.
"Now...Let's go! Maria is in danger down there."
(OOC: 1 potion of Enlarge Person given)

Lycar
2008-02-29, 03:17 PM
Varek

"Gee thanks! That should come in handy..."

Looking down at his furred body, Varek realizes that he doesn't actually have any pockets to stow the vial away for later. Unless...

He looks a bit sheepish as he tries to look past his muzzle at the small bag hanging on a string around his neck. Oh well, this might just do. Fumbling around with the string a bit, he fianlly manages to push the vial into the bag.

"Heh, okay, ready when you are."

Varek is quite eager to get back at that eagle-thing. It made him run away, putting him to shame in front of his new friends. This is personal now... his tail even wags slightly in anticipation of getting his revenge.

On the other hand, he is still not sure what exactly to do with it, once he has it in his grasp. Sure, beating the thing up is right what he does best but... well... he can't really wrap his mind around killing something that he has successfully subdued and is thus no more harm. You just don't kill if you don't have to after all...

"Uh Bronsk? These bird-things, are they spirits too? If they are, can we even, you know, kill them? What happens if we beat them up?"

Lycar

Maryring
2008-02-29, 04:56 PM
The group moves through the forest and back towards the well. Near the well, they find that the birds are swooping around the area in erratic patterns. The male left behind to guard the entrance is obviously not comfortable in his situation as he waves his arms around, trying to direct the confused birds, and failing quite miserably.

Ozzy_G
2008-02-29, 05:27 PM
Karl whispers to the rest of the group. How are we going to do this? I could try and burn the birds, while the rest of you knock out that man.

Amiria
2008-02-29, 05:52 PM
Lisaa

"I can also shoot at the birds", whispers Lisaa and gets the Oil of Magic Weapon from her belt. "We should concentrate on the two eagles first, they are the most dangerous ones."

Lycar
2008-02-29, 06:26 PM
Varek

"Huh, do you think you can take out that eagle? If not, i'll try and grab it, like i said. Else it makes that horrible noise again."

Varek isn't so sure about Karl's ability to take out the ghostly eagle quickly but then again... he is a wizard. Or sorceror. Whatever. Same difference.

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-02-29, 06:37 PM
Karl frowns. That's a good point... perhaps we should all concentrate on the eagle initially.

Lycar
2008-03-02, 10:18 AM
Varek

"Come on, let's do this then!"

Lycar

Maryring
2008-03-02, 02:09 PM
The man appears to have spotted you now, because his gaze suddenly fixates towards where you are hidden, and with a shaky wave of his hand, he sends the birds screeching towards your location.

Roll initiative and post your actions. I'll put up a map once I have all actions. The birds can be reached by one move action, but the human needs two in order to reach him.

Lycar
2008-03-02, 06:14 PM
Varek

"Aw man, they saw us!"

Initiative: [roll0]

Feint (Bluff): [roll1] unless the birds have better then animal intelligence, then the roll is actually at +4. Resisted by Sense Motive +BAB.

He probably will have to wait till next round for his grab, but i'll roll now:

Melee touch attack to initiate grapple: [roll2]

Grapple check: [roll3] +4 for each size category Varek is larger then the bird. Two maybe?

Still going for his original plan, Varek pretends to go for one of the ravens but instead, when it comes into reach, tries and jumps at the eagle instead.

"Scare me, will ya?!"

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-03-02, 06:23 PM
Karl steps forward, and growls the words of his spell, holding out his hands and letting flames wash over the birds.
Trying to get as many as possible with the 15ft cone.
[roll0]
[roll1]
The reflex DC for half is 14.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-02, 11:14 PM
Bronsk
"Now," Bronsk grunts, watching the oncoming flight, "Let's see what manner of being ye be."
The shaman waits for the crows to approach, muttering an incantation with his arms spread wide. One hand dips downwards and pulls a small bone placard from a pouch at his belt.
"Foul spirits..." he says, slowly, lifting the bone,
"Penance!"

[roll0]
Using Chastise Spirits: 15ft radius centered on Bronsk, Will DC 15 for half damage.
[roll1]

Amiria
2008-03-03, 09:15 AM
Lisaa

If she had the time to apply the oil to to the bow, Lisaa shoots two arrows at the nearest eagle. Otherwise she applies the oil and moves away from the others.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514398/)

Rapid Shot

Attack: 1d20+10 x2 = 14, 30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514399/)

critical confirmation roll for 2nd arrow: 1d20+10 = 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514401/)

Damage: 1d8+2 x2 = 7, 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514404/)

+1 to attack and damage if within 30 ft.; +3 to damage if undead

Maryring
2008-03-03, 04:43 PM
Bronsk is the first to react to the oncoming violence, but he wisely chooses to let the enemies come to him. The birds themselves react much quicker this time around, and they swoop swiftly towards the four lycanthropes. The first to come forth are the two eagles who rake their ghostly claws across the waiting Bronsk and Varek, disrupting their life force. Lisaa takes this opportunity to fire off two arrows towards the eagle who had just struck Bronsk. Her trained eye spots that this is the same eagle that was earlier wounded by Karl. Both arrows fly directly through the Eagle, but the magic in the first one causes the eagle to stagger slightly. Now the Ravens approach, but as they draw closer, Bronsk ceases waiting, and releases the pent up spiritual energy, causing all the birds to screech loudly, the ravens more than the eagles. The blast of spiritual force sends the ravens into an erratic behaviour, three of the ravens strike out, missing Bronsk but hitting Karl and Varek. The last raven however, turns against the nearby eagle and pecks into it, though the eagle barely notices the attack. Taking advantage of the situation, Karl fires of a wave of fire, burning into two of the ravens and one eagle. The eagle doesn't manage to avoid the fire, but it isn't down yet. The two ravens however, are brought down by the fire and fall to the ground. Wisps of dark smoke rises from their body as the dark energy starts to leave them. Varek takes advantage of this opportunity, to move in and prepare his attack on one of the eagles.

Initiative order:
Bronsk 20
Eagle 20
Lisaa 19
Raven 19
Karl 8
Varek 3

Numbers are again according to initiative order. The man is simply called M. H is a house, and thus you can't move there.

Before the round began:

______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
_______R________
____E__R______1_
_WM__________42
____E__R______3_
_______R______HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH

After the round is finished:

______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
_____________RR_
_____________E1_
_WM_________E42
_______________3
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH

Bronsk takes 5 damage. (Bypass DR)
Varek takes 2 damage. (Bypass DR)
Eagles take 4 damage.
Ravens take 9 damage.
Eagle 1 takes damage.
Varek takes 4 damage.
Karl takes 1 damage.
Eagle 2 takes 14 damage.
Raven 3 is defeated.
Raven 4 is defeated.
Varek succeeds at feinting Eagle 2

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-03, 11:10 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk growls at the taloned onslaught, but then brandishes the bone placard again.
"Burn, spirit raptors!"

And again:
[roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-03-04, 08:42 AM
Karl leans forwards, and shouts words of arcane power. A jet of flame shoots out, burning the eagles and one of the ravens just in front of his companions.
So this Burning Hands will get the two eagles and the raven that's leftmost on the map. And all the space behind them, as they're just on the edge.
[roll0]
Again, DC 14.

Lycar
2008-03-04, 02:53 PM
Varek

Varek waits for the right moment. He knows how agile people can duck and weave past blows and he can figure that getting a grab on the eagle will be hard, as long as it sees it coming. But when the ghostly avian is distracted just for a moment...

And there it is! The eagle is suddenly attacked by one of the ravens and that is Vareks cue to pouce. And pounce he does!

Rolls see previous post.

Lycar

Amiria
2008-03-04, 07:14 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa takes a step back and shoots two more arrows at one of the eagles.

Rapid Shot

Attack: 1d20+10 x2 = 13, 12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1516431/) :smallsigh:

Damage: 1d8+2 x2 = 10, 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1516432/)

+1 to attack and damage if within 30 ft.; +3 to damage if undead

Maryring
2008-03-05, 11:48 AM
The two ravens still flying screech loudly as the spiritual energy purify them of the dark mist, and they too collapse on the ground, uncapable of doing anything. The blast also hit the more powerful eagles. The more injured one of the two has most of her darkness torn away, leaving her apparently dazed for a short moment, before she suddenly fades away. The other eagle however shrugs of the blow and assaults Bronsk again, but he misses completely as he vaults away to dodge Lisaa's incoming arrows. The aerial movement placed him directly into Karl's magical fire, but the fire flies through the spirit, leaving him unharmed. Varek uses the chance to strike towards the eagle. The grip hits home, but he finds his hands passing through the incorporeal eagle. Just as it seems the attack will miss completely, he feels a slight tingle, and suddenly the eagle feels just as solid as any other bird. In desperation, the eagle tries to peck out against Varek, but Varek weaves his head away and avoids being hit.

Initiative order:
Bronsk 20
Eagle 20
Lisaa 19
Raven 19
Karl 8
Varek 3

Before the round began:

______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
_____________RR_
_____________E1_
_WM_________E42
_______________3
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH

After the round is over:

______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH
______________HH

Eagle 1 is defeated
Eagle 2 takes 5 damage from Bronsk
Lisaa miss
Karl miss
Varek succeeds at grappling the eagle.

(The eagle and Varek occupy the same space.)

Lycar
2008-03-06, 01:21 PM
Varek

Varek jumps at the ghostly eagle and somehow manages to grab it.

"I've got him! Ow, cut that out you birdbrain."

Struggling with the not-so-spectral bird of prey, he strives to tighten his grip and stop the eagle from screaming again.

Here come two grapple checks. Varek's own and his opposed check for the eagles turn. Varek is going for a pin here.

Pin: [roll0] + size modfier

Opposed roll: [roll1]

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-03-07, 10:57 AM
Karl barrels forward, trying to grab the now undefended man around the waist.
Going for a charge and grapple. [roll0]
[roll1]

Amiria
2008-03-08, 04:44 AM
Lisaa

Lisaa steps foward and threatens the man at the well with a cocked arrow on her bow. "Surrender ! Your mighty birds are defeated."

Probably happens before Karl's action, but it is ok. Although I don't know the initiative result of the man.

Maryring
2008-03-08, 06:21 AM
While Varek struggles and succeeds in pinning in the bird, the other three rushes forward towards the man who was controlling the birds. Together, Bronsk and Karl manage to hold the man between them, and though he struggles and manages to free himself from Karl, Bronsk still succeeds in holding him still long enough for Lisaa to aim an arrow directly at him. Seeing the situation hopeless, he submits to defeat and throws his glance down on the floor.

Lycar
2008-03-08, 03:46 PM
Varek

Varek wrestles with the bird. With his superior strength and being a lot larger then the bird, he manages to get a solid grab around it's head and body, negating it's ability to screech or peck. Or use it's talons for that matter.

"I've got him pinned, now what?"

Varek wonders what to do now. Usually, the people who he wrestled down had enough sense to go limb and yield. Whereupon he would just release them and they would run off, taild between their legs. Figurativly speaking.

Until the next street fight anyway.

But this... bird... spirit? Bronsk said that it ate the other spirits. That would make it a cannibal. Cannibals are bad. Very bad. They are put to death. With extreme prejudice. And yet, Varek can't quite bring himself to try and squeeze (or claw or bite) the life out of that ... entity. He has it in his grasp, it wasn't going to do anything to anyone as far as he's concerned.

Lycar

Maryring
2008-03-09, 04:09 PM
The man, having finally worked up a mirage of courage, looks up at his captors. "What do you want with me?"

Ozzy_G
2008-03-09, 07:05 PM
Karl continues to hold him down. He looks up at Bronsk. I guess you better handle this.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-10, 02:09 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk looks confused.
me? Why me?
He gives a bark-like cough, and tries to look menacing.
"We want her back. And we want the spirits left to be in these woods."

Maryring
2008-03-10, 02:51 AM
"What? Want who back? The spirit? But you already freed her." He replies, obviously quite confused.

Lycar
2008-03-10, 03:47 PM
Varek

Varek still wrestles with 'his' eagle, doing his best to keep it pinned.

Of course, his size advantage is a great help.

He looks up and realizes that Bronsk and Karl are about to rough up the man. He's a bit curious about what exactly they are going to do, so he tries to sneak a glance here and there while still keeping the eagle subdued.

Lycar

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-12, 03:38 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk looks at Karl for a moment, and then back to the man.
"The woman. The woman who went down the well. Who is your boss?"

Maryring
2008-03-12, 03:55 PM
"Id... Lord Idoneus." The man stutters.

Ozzy_G
2008-03-12, 07:20 PM
We need a bit more detail than that, boy, growls Karl impatiently.

Amiria
2008-03-12, 08:46 PM
Lisaa

"Yes, who is this Lord Idoneus, and who is this big werewolf guy ?", demands Lisaa. "And what is down there in the well ?"

Maryring
2008-03-13, 12:16 PM
"I... I don't know. I'm just a grunt. I'm not important enough to get to meet Lord Idoneus. All I know is that Lord Idoneus is the one orchestrating all of this. And Ma... erm, that big werewolf guy is one of the leaders who take care of things in the place of Idoneus. As for what is down in the well... why don't you enter it and check for yourselves?"

Ozzy_G
2008-03-13, 12:56 PM
Because it's easier to make you tell us, replies Karl, smirking a big wolfy grin.

Maryring
2008-03-13, 01:52 PM
The man swallows. "Yeah, well. It's... ah... it is a... sacred place of sorts. I don't know the specifics, as I'm just here because... because my boss wanted me to be here."

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-13, 01:55 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk looks at Karl for a moment, and then back down to the man.
"Did you do this blasphemy? Preying on the spirits?"
The wolf-man brandishes a clawed hand and snap his jaws threateningly with a barking sound.

Maryring
2008-03-13, 04:16 PM
"No. I barely even know how to control them in their supposedly loyal state." The man objects as he tries to shrink away from Bronsk and Karl.

Lycar
2008-03-13, 05:49 PM
Varek

Varek listens to the exchange while still holding on to the bird of prey.

His ears twitch as he hears the man almost blurt out a name.

"... make him tell us the name he is trying to hide from us or let me try... "

Varek glares at the man, snarling and ears tilted foreward aggressivly.

Intimidate [roll0]

Lycar

Maryring
2008-03-14, 05:35 PM
"I'm not. I'm not." The man objects as he trashes about in abject terror. "I'm not hiding anything. I just... feel ashamed to call him Master."

Lycar
2008-03-14, 07:26 PM
Varek

Varek still keeps the eagle pinned beneath his bulk.

He watches the man squirm, terrified, and suddenly the realisation hits him. That that wretched individuum is a victim in whatever struggle is going on here. Maybe he is an evil person, maybe he is just an ordinary man who was unfortunate enough to get caught between a rock and a hard place.

But either way, he was just going to continue the abuse, bullying him into submission.

(Aw man... look at the guy. Bet he'd rather not be involved in all this. Poor guy doesn't even have a chance to fight back. Or run for that matter. Bet the big bad won't let him go. I always let them go when they ran off. Well, if they dropped the loot that is...)

Varek feels rather ashamed and his anger at the man evaporates. Instead he becomes aware of the spectral bird squirming in his grasp again.

"So what about then bird then? Want me to bring it?"

Varek looked at his fellow lycanthrophes questioningly. With his superior size and strength, he felt he could simply pick the bird up and keep it tucked under an arm or so, without it being able to do much about it, other then being indignant.

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-03-15, 09:39 AM
Who is this Lord Idone-whatever, and what's he up to, growls Karl.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-15, 09:46 AM
Bronsk
inwardly, the gangly werewolf is quite relieved that someone else has taken over the task of inquisition; He was never very good at getting information out of people, and furthermore he wasn't very comfortable threatening people. It just felt...hypocritical.

Maryring
2008-03-15, 10:08 AM
"I can't... I can't tell you. I'm not authorized." He speaks with fear clear in his voice.