PDA

View Full Version : Snake Eyes

Mordar
2021-07-26, 07:27 PM
So, did anyone other than my wife and I watch this movie yet?

Great previews...several movies we're excited to see or at least look forward to (No Time to Die, Top Gun All Over Again Awakens Maverick, and another Halloween)...and then the feature started.

If you understand from my parenthetical, we like a broad range of movie qualities, and schlock can be plenty of fun.

She didn't mind Snake Eyes. I...found it filled with too many of the bad tropes that ruin even schlock.

Wooden acting from some secondary characters
Wholesale theft of sequences from other, better, movies (Scarlet, looking at you...)
Far too extreme personality changes to accommodate the need to advance the plot
The Ultimate Stronghold of Good Ninja successfully ninja'ed by a neophyte in the middle of the day
Radical changes in competency to advance set pieces
...and so forth

This is one of the movies where a nice quick re-write and the change of about 15 minutes worth of screen time could have made it into something in the B/B+ range (within the genre, of course) as opposed to a D+/C- at best.

Other thoughts?

- M

Bartmanhomer
2021-07-31, 04:53 PM
I saw it and I already post this thread about it before you. It was a good movie. :smile:

Kareeah_Indaga
2021-07-31, 06:39 PM
This is one of the movies where a nice quick re-write and the change of about 15 minutes worth of screen time could have made it into something in the B/B+ range (within the genre, of course) as opposed to a D+/C- at best.

Oh yuck, that bad? I saw a trailer that looked decent, but I think I’ll steer clear now.

Starbuck_II
2021-07-31, 11:23 PM
Oh, yeah,

Scarlet could have had better acting.

I loved it, can't wait for the MCU of G.I. Joe.