PDA

View Full Version : Poison, Weapons and Uses.

TimeWizard
2007-11-15, 02:07 AM
I'll confess, I like overkill and shady tactics. Assassin is my PrC and avatar. Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Splinter Cell, and Tenchu are my passtimes. I love deceit and treachery. I love Poison. Sneak attack? check. Death Attack? check. Arrows? check. Arrows with spliting enchantment for double the poison on poison action? double check! Poison is my cup of tea, and in my cup of tea, and your cup of tea too, so I hope you studied Princess Bride. But I need something more. Let's face it, D&D doesn't really play well to the "kill the guy eating dinner in the mess hall" kind of action. Anything that doesn't pull it's weight in the few rounds of combat is worthless... Poisons lack effective use at very high and low levels, and they can really add up in cost. So I say we share our poisoning know-how! What's your favorite delivery method? What's your favorite type? Any homebrew poisons niche-fillers? How do you deal with the cost of poisons? Got a poison from a videogame you love? Do you think Knowledge (Nature), Survival, or Craft (Potion) are more useful? Got a custom magic weapon you love? This thread goes out to my loyal brothers and sister who know not to eat an Amonita mushroom, soup from the KGB, or Belladonna. People who respect the Borgias of Spain and Italy. People who could kiss Rappacini's daughter and live. People who admire the gift India gave to Alexander the Great. Come my fellows, ask your questions and let the information spread! I will start, is there a magic property for weapons that improves poisoning in some way?

SandDemon
2007-11-15, 11:07 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3505806

TimeWizard
2007-11-15, 11:18 AM
Sweet gods, it's like you gave me a free trip to Mecca! I proclaim that SandDemon officially rules.