Level: Brd 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: One creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Upon completion of this spell, each target affected gains feathered wings and can fly at twice the base creature’s base land speed (good maneuverability). If the base creature has a fly speed, use that instead.

Material Component: A feather

Sorry if a spell like this exists, my sources are limited. In any case I've had the song 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' stuck in my head and this seemed like a good idea.

Magnor Criol
2007-11-15, 08:56 AM
I dunno. From the spell's name, I was expecting something along the lines of an attack spell - "all targets must save or suffer X sonic damage as they hear, for a brief moment, a chorus of angels singing at full volume. Evil creatures take +X damage."

Perhaps those creatures who are given wings are also granted some sort of vocal-based sonic attack? Oh, even better - each one gets some moderately weak sonic attack, and when they sing together, the combined chorus deals extra damage. Like, the attack alone does 1dX damage, but when two such enchanted characters combine their efforts, it does 2dX (for two sources) + some amount of bonus.

Just a nitpick based on fluff. As far as the spell itself goes, it looks fine - though I'm not really the one to be trusting with mechanic-balance verification.

hamstard4ever
2007-11-15, 11:38 PM
There's a mass fly spell in the Spell Compendium which is essentially identical, and is placed as a 5th level wiz/sorc spell. So yeah, by that standard this probably needs some extra oomph, even considering it's giving bards something not normally on their spell list.

Stycotl
2007-11-19, 01:29 PM
make it give the celestial template for the duration as well as the wings

Armoury99
2007-11-19, 02:18 PM
What about mass flight and constant blast of heavenly noise to stun everyone as you leave? Perfect escape spell.

And of course, all hail Lordi! :smallcool::

Xuincherguixe
2007-11-19, 06:11 PM
Or, considering the thread all hail the lordi might be more appropriate :P