PDA

View Full Version : New games....

Crispy Dave
2007-11-15, 11:22 AM
ok so i will have the xtra cash in a little wile and was wondering what new game I should get so ive made a list

PC Games:
Orange box
Guid wars eye of the nourth
guild wars factions

Xbox 360 games:
Bioshock
mass effect
Gears of war
Other options I only own halo 3
call of duty 4
assasins creed

Prophaniti
2007-11-15, 12:26 PM
Guild Wars is always a fun choice, I don't have Eye of the North yet though, so I don't know how that is...
Orange Box is really fun, if only for Portal, which was far too short but still awesome.
Bioshock is really good if you're into that whole creepy horror/shooter crossover.
I liked Gears of War, though I've heard a lot of people trash it. They really don't give you enough of the story, you're left with more questions when its over than when you started. But that's part of what they were going for, and it's a really fun shooter IMO.
Haven't played Mass Effect yet, so no opinion on that.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-15, 03:12 PM
ok thanks for the advise

i could still use soem suggestens people

Archaicwonder
2007-11-15, 03:36 PM
not fully out yet, but it's coming.

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Starts jan 22.

It'll be awesome

www.burningsea.com

check it out

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-15, 05:15 PM
Gears of War, definitely. Once you finish the campaign, you might leave it behind, but I really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun, running from cover to cover and trying to outflank your foes.

Not to mention that you get a chainsaw bayonet. :smallbiggrin:

Also, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a good RPG with a lot of freeforming, something I haven't seen very often in games.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-15, 06:13 PM
ok sust to tell you ive beat gears of war when i was staying with my unkle the real reson I might buy it is multiplayer

chocolatejesus
2007-11-15, 06:57 PM
Personally, I love Gears of War. The multiplayer is amazing, but I have to warn you before you buy it: it will suck in the beginning. The game has been out for a while, so there's a large base of experienced players that you probably won't be able to touch for a couple weeks. Expect 1-2 kills for every 10 games or so.

Another couple options: Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed. You should look into them.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-15, 06:59 PM
shoot how could i forget to add those to the list

ill edit that

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-11-15, 07:06 PM
Gears of War, definitely. Once you finish the campaign, you might leave it behind, but I really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun, running from cover to cover and trying to outflank your foes.

Not to mention that you get a chainsaw bayonet. :smallbiggrin:

Also, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a good RPG with a lot of freeforming, something I haven't seen very often in games.

Frankly, I'd reccomend Mass Effect over both of those.

Oblivion's got a lot of freeforming, true, but the storyline basically vaporizes once you've finished the tutorial, which kind of kills the game for me.

Mass Effect (as far as I can tell, I don't have an Xbox 360), has an engaging plot, a brilliant conversational system, the potential for romance (with Bioware continuing their edgy strategy of allowing both heterosexual and homosexual romances), and graphics that would probably make my computer monitor bleed from the sheer quality.

I'd also reccomend Neverwinter Nights 2 & its expansion, Mask of the Betrayer, or maybe The Witcher, but those weren't on your list.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-15, 07:10 PM
ok I have oblvion for my computer it it pushis it to the limits (to give you an idea of the power of my pc)

I am open for sugestions thta arnt on my list