PDA

View Full Version : Tyranny of Dragons / Warlock Patron

MrDaniel
2021-08-21, 06:53 AM
I am about to start Tyranny of Dragons for my group. One is playing a warlock, who is ignorant of their patron (i.e made a deal without reading all the details).

I have pitched Undead Patron. The character believes that its the ghosts of her ancestors. It is, in fact, Szass Tam, who is creating an agent/weapon on the Sword Coast to counteract the rebel red wizards.

Does this seem like it might work?

Azuresun
2021-08-21, 07:59 AM
I am about to start Tyranny of Dragons for my group. One is playing a warlock, who is ignorant of their patron (i.e made a deal without reading all the details).

I have pitched Undead Patron. The character believes that its the ghosts of her ancestors. It is, in fact, Szass Tam, who is creating an agent/weapon on the Sword Coast to counteract the rebel red wizards.

Does this seem like it might work?

Sounds good to me! Just have a contingency plan for if the warlock decides to revolt once they know who their patron is.

MrDaniel
2021-08-21, 08:15 AM
Sounds good to me! Just have a contingency plan for if the warlock decides to revolt once they know who their patron is.

Good advice, and I think I have just the hook. But we are many chapters away from that